ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

A 4.33 40 yard dash?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

yeah, Pryor's special.

problem with that 40 time is that, in the game, he never seems to break into a full sprint. he looks like he's gliding.

the key, though, will be how good of a passer he ends up being.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

looks like Small passed his summer course and is back with the team.

Less than 3 weeks until the season gets underway!!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

I hear when the Midshipmen come visit saturday, tOSU has a special welcome for them, to show respect to the academy and it's service...that's cool....just don't make 'em feel too comfortable.

Navy will run the ball. Forever. At least until they punt.

the line is -22 OSU. Tressel doesn't run up the score. I doubt it happens this time.

I wanna see how those OSU LBs do against a constant barrage of tailbacks.

Then it's USC payback time, motherfucker!

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

well, they sure as shit got a scare at the end there.

it was about what I expected, but I have no idea why the usually conservative Tress didn't kick that FG with 6:30 to play that would have ended the game at 32-14. next friggin play, we get beat man-on-man with a safety on the wideout.

Navy I think will have a pretty good year this season as they actually have an option QB that can throw the ball.

my concerns for tOSU are the same as they were before the game: running the ball on offense and inexperience on defense.

next Saturday determines EVERYTHING

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well...next week determines everything with regards to a national title...but at least the game is early in the season.

I've had to back out of that thinking...since growing up...the only thing that mattered was the Big 10 championship, beating Michigan...and letting the rest take care of itself.

There was no excuse to nearly losing to Navy yesterday. Sure, going for it on 4th down was idiotic...but to get roasted on the next play was uncalled for, safety or not. Then came the turnover from Pryor...who is a fantastic player for sure, but still can look an awful lot like a sophomore.

I think this team can run, and I like Herron, but it is beyond me why they don't just put Saine in the backfield full time, and run the old Ohio State offense. Saine and Pryor are the two quickest players on the team...

Let Pryor create, and let Saine wreak havoc with his Bush-like qualities.

I'm not worried about running, the ball, but I am worried about the offensive line.

I still think the defense will overall be better than last year's squad...there's more talent. I'm not sure when it gels though...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

yes, it determines the national title chances, because, honestly, if we lose to USC we are eliminated from the national chase, early in the season or not. after the last couple of years, nothing we do inside the Big10 will convince anyone that we are title game worthy.

that being said, I don't really care about the national title this year. i don't expect that out of this group. I just want to win back some national respect. I'm tired of getting shit from these fuckin' "SEC fans" down here.

(by the way, the only reason they are "SEC" fans is 'cause they're really UGA fans, and UGA hasn't won dick since Herschel. so, they try to bask in the glory of Florida's wins. which really pisses me off, because they are supposed to be such rivals. can you imagine bragging about Michigan and claiming to be a "Big Ten fan"? Christ!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Sorry...but Pryor and that Vick shit is nearly too much for me. I happen to be a guy that thinks Vick overpayed for his crimes...

That said...you don't fucking put his name on your fucking eyeblack...then follow it up with an idiotic soundbyte...people make mistakes, people kill people...or whatever the hell it was he said.

I know he's just a kid...but what a moron.
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Yo DGT...tell me about it. I'm sitting here in ACC country...and it's nearly laughable listening to them dis the big ten...let alone the SEC transplants.

Of course...no ground to stand on until we actually start beating them.

Part of me says the Bucks will get blasted this weekend.

Part of me says they just had their down game...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

just holding my breath until Saturday night...

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Part of me says the Bucks will get blasted this weekend.

Part of me says they just had their down game...
                        Man i wanna agree with the last, but after last week & the beating
                        in 2008, its hard not to watch this game without a helmet on.

If they do have a chance its gonna be get an early lead sustaining it until
                        half for confidence, if that's not established in the 1st quarter its done.

EUAS

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

Is Michigan back? I doubt it. I see Notre Dame kicking some ass coming up.
                          Ohio State? Big problem. But nobody wants to admit it. Tressel only wants to beat Michigan. He has never prepared his team for a major bowl win. To much emphasis on the Michigan game.

USC is gonna kill Vick and the Suckeyes.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Well letsrock...when he came on board...they couldn't win a bowl game...or beat Michigan...

Now they beat Michigan like a drum...and have won a national title.

Have they won more than one?

No...but the day I get to the point where I hang a guy because he can ONLY beat Michigan and win the big 10...is the day I quit watching college football. Tressel is in many ways Ohio State football.

No...not Woody...but a fixture...he won't go anywhere...until he wants to...

Or knocks the shit out of some fuck from Clemson...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                              He has never prepared his team for a major bowl win.
                              dude, that's just flat out wrong. it is no doubt a fact that the Bucks have come up short the last three seasons against UF, LSU, and Texas.

but they won 3 straight BCS games (including the national title in 2002) after he showed up in Columbus.

so, despite the obvious shortcomings ever since the '06 Michigan game, Tressel is still 3-3 in BCS bowls and 8-7 vs. Top 10 opponents during his career. those are numbers that you only build up if you deserve to be right in the middle of both of those groups: a perennial Top 10, BCS bowl team.

no question, tOSU needs a big win this week (and I don't know that they'll be able to get it) to bring some more of that success into the present.

they only year I'd say they were under-prepared was against Florida. that Gators team was very flawed, but just beat the bejeezus out of us. I would say that the Bucks had a letdown after beating Michigan in probably the biggest game in school history.

I don't think preparation was the problem against LSU and Texas. We just got beat. It happens.

btw, Pojo, I see that Russell is getting demoted to second team, with Hines taking his starting spot. you get burnt prominently in back-to-back games, that'll happen to ya.
                              Last edited by damngoodtimes; 09-08-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

So far...so good...

mistake has made the game close...but so far...Ohio State has dominated both sides of the ball...

Comment

Working...