Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

I can think of one way that I would feel worse today.

poj, as you know, I'm a deeply abused Browns fan. well, another season opening loss today, but that wasn't a big shocker. it's a long season and a lot of opportunities to improve.

you, for reasons I will never fully understand, are a Stillers fan. they just keep on rolling.

but, a whole bunch of Buckeye faithful are also Bengals fans. far be it for me to start feeling sorry for Bungles fans, but did you see how that game ended today? after getting their hearts ripped out last night, they blow a one-point lead in the final 30 seconds on a friggin' 87-yard tipped-ball touchdown pass.

be careful driving under overpasses in Cincinnati this evening.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...saw that game...

didn't I ever explain my Steelers' allegiance?

I'll have to post it up here at some point...funny story.

Grew up a Browns fan until 1980...when an unfortunate accident/incident changed my team...and quickly...

I was talking to a couple of friends on Friday about how much I love THE Ohio State University...and got onto the topic of my favorite version of that team...the 1984 (85 rose bowl) team led by Mike Tomzcak, Keith Byars, Chris Spielman and Cris Carter...that lost to an inferior USC team, 20-17...

There was something about last night's game that reminds me of that game in 1985...

This USC team was adequate last night...running a vanilla offense...

We weren't...and although we lost a boatload of players last season...WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM.

When the better team loses...especially against a freshman QB...at your home field with nearly 107,000 screaming fans in support...

As for the Bungles...hehehehehe...tic toc Marvin...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

yeah, pojo...you told me that story.

I still refuse to accept it, though.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

4th and 1 really means 3rd and 1.

USC had no respect for tOSU's D. They showed why on that last drive. The pass rush was good, until the final drive. The run D, not so good.

Playing 3 quarters will not get it done. It was like watching Joe fucking Montana ruin my night all over again. Or last year's Fiesta Bowl....Or...

Fuck.

I will file this loss under "letting close one slip by due to inexperience". If the rest of the team can come together like the D line, we might have something. If not.....

I used to be a Bengals fan. I haven't watched a game in 3 years. I should have stopped watching 13 years ago, but Corey Dillon kept me interested enough to stick it out a little more. Fed up with Mike Brown's incompetent, tightwad ass. They've become a perennial "not going anywhwere" team.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well...let's win out and piss off the world...by getting another BCS...fuck 'em all...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

'Tis better to BCS and lose, than to have never BCS'd at all. But a win once in a while wouldn't hurt.

The last BCS game OSU won was in Jan '06 against The Catholics? That's not saying much nowadays.

BTW, Jack Tatum looks like he went full Rasta.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Could be worse....like Bama playing a bunch of Mormons and getting blown out in the Superdome.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

sonrise: true, but you'll never hear the "SEC fans" talk about that embarrassment.

hys: yeah, I couldn't believe that was Tatum.

poj: good plan.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Tatum is an enigma...one of the true OSU greats...and hated in most circles because of his vicious style of play...the Daryl Stingley injury...and his lack of remorse afterwards...

although I believe that changed in later years...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Tatum is an enigma...one of the true OSU greats...and hated in most circles because of his vicious style of play...the Daryl Stingley injury...and his lack of remorse afterwards...

although I believe that changed in later years...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

If I had to choose between Tatum and Lott, I'm taking Tatum every time.

The talking heads are sort of blaming Tressel for the conservative offense used against USC for not letting Pryor loose like Vince Young. One should know that the big selling point for tOSU to land T.P. was the promise of running a pro-style offense. It seems he was not interested in going to a school that ran an option-style offense. In other words, he wants to prepare himself for the NFL. Get used to him running less and less as time goes on....it's a shame he isn't interested in using his best attribute. He could be better than Vince Young in that regard.

Toledo expects to give them a game this week after hanging 54 points on Colorado last week.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          Toledo expects to give them a game this week after hanging 54 points on Colorado last week.
                          Eh..not quite.

Right now, the Huskies and USC are sewn up 10-10. Sound familiar?

Let's see if Washington can finish..

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

USC=highly overrated. Ranked based on the past 2 seasons IMO. Enough about them...

I can't say it makes me happy when a QB outgains his RB's on the ground. It's kind of dangerous if you ask me. It doesn't say much about the RB's either. Where is "that guy" who can consistently carry the rock? Take the bullseye off T.P.

Next up: Illinois.

(Bearcats putting it on Oregon State right now..)
                            Last edited by hideyoursheep; 09-19-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

the defense looks very good the last two weeks

although it's probably just typical one-game-a-year USC playing down to the opponent choke, today's SC loss really makes me feel that much worse about last week.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Okay...let me go one at a time here:

I thought Toledo would give them a better game. They beat Michigan last year, and did throw up a boatload of points against a D-1 team at Colorado...although I think we all can agree Colorado's days of relevance are long past. tOSU's defense is more than a solid unit. Yes, USC is over-rated, and likely so was Toledo. At the same time, I still think this defense will prove to be better than last year's. Last year's unit looked like swiss cheese against several teams when it counted most. I think this line is better, the secondary overall has more coverage guys and less gamblers...and I'm saying it now...I think Laurinaitis was overrated as well. He was robotic out there. This unit flocks to the ball...very reminiscent of the Spielman era.

Comment

Working...