Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Ohio State came out looking to stop the run...and PSU when intermediate...had them fulled all over the field...

They didn't adjust at halftime though...and tOSU did...that was the difference...

There were a few drops there as well...that didn't help his cause...

Yeah...McGroin looked good early...if he can figure things out...he could be a difference maker. It will be interesting to see what happens...should JoePa step down...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

I'll take it as a quality win. big road test next week at Iowa (who's still a tough out, even with the loss yesterday). end of the day, though, Wisconsin needs to lose to somebody.

dare we root for Michigan next week? ugh.

I think you have to put Wisconsin as the best one-loss team in the country right now.

the interesting thing, nationally, is how the voters are using the OSU-Wisc head-to-head matchup, but ignoring the Wisc-MSU result.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...if Wisconsin rolls undefeated...I'm pretty okay finishing behind them. There's no doubt we're a better team than Michigan St....too bad we didn't get Northwestern or Sparty on the schedule though...would have helped for sure.

The interesting thing about yesterday's game is how similar it was to the Wisconsin game to start. The ONLY difference, in my opinion, is that Penn State isn't as good as Wisconsin, and that we were playing at home.

We come out like that in a bowl game...and it's all over...especially if we win out and play LSU...

Penn State had no business being in that game.

It does make you wonder about Tressel's game planning. Obviously, with that staff's back to the wall, they can alter strategy at half time...but damn...off a bye week...

Of course, I think Tress' record after a bye before last night was 2 and 4...or something like that.

Either way...a win is a win...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Honestly, I can't wait until next year, when all the second-guessing goes away, then the Buckeyes can play for a Big 10...or Big 11...or 12..or whatthefuckever it's gonna be title.

No running game, bad special teams... You don't win the NC that way.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            Honestly, I can't wait until next year, when all the second-guessing goes away, then the Buckeyes can play for a Big 10...or Big 11...or 12..or whatthefuckever it's gonna be title.

No running game, bad special teams... You don't win the NC that way.
            The problem isn't their running game...they can run...I just think the offense is some sort of fucked up hybrid between the power I and some sort of fucking dumb-ass spread. When Pryor doesn't execute, this team stumbles...

It's an idiotic offense...to be honest...

Now the special teams...you have got to be fucking kidding me...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

I had to share this, made me laugh so fucking hard I wet myself.

OMAHA, Neb. -- Maurice Clarett's football comeback was a success, certainly to him.

Clarett says he would gladly spend another year with the United Football League's Omaha Nighthawks if they want him back. He feels lucky to have played anywhere and been given a chance to rebuild his life after being incarcerated for 3½ years.

"In January I was in prison, and now I've completed a professional football season," Clarett said in an interview with The Associated Press before Omaha's season finale Friday night. "I would absolutely say I could never ever have thought of being at this place. It's a blessing from God, and I take it that way."

The 27-year-old Clarett hadn't played competitively since he led Ohio State to the 2002 national championship. He was suspended by the NCAA for taking improper inducements and failed to make it in the NFL.

He pleaded guilty in 2006 to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon in connection with a holdup outside a Columbus bar, and wound up behind bars.

By all accounts, Clarett has been a model citizen in Omaha.

Nighthawks general manager Rick Mueller, a former executive for the New Orleans Saints and Jacksonville Jaguars, said the team probably will put Clarett on the team's protected list. That means no one would be allowed to pick him in the next UFL expansion draft. The UFL has said it hopes to add three teams in 2011.

"His arrow is on the rise," Mueller said. "He's going to get nothing but better from here on out. I'm glad we had him."

NFL draft consultant Gil Brandt, a former Dallas Cowboys executive, said it would be a long shot for an NFL team to bring in Clarett next year.

"When you're out of circulation for a while, it takes more than a year to get back," Brandt said. "The thing that always impressed me about Clarett is that I think basically he's a good guy. I don't think what's happened with the robbery was vintage Clarett.

"But I don't think anybody will take a chance on him. Statistically, he hasn't shown enough for anyone to go overboard and take somebody who has that kind of baggage and then is 27 years old."

Clarett didn't get much playing time early in the eight-game season as he worked his way into football shape. He became a bigger part of the game plan the past couple games as top running back Ahman Green battled injury. He went into the Nighthawks' final game with just 25 carries for 85 yards and 11 catches for 92 yards.

After the season, Clarett will head back to Columbus, where he'll live with his girlfriend, Ashley Evans, and their 4-year-old daughter, Jayden. He's enrolled for the spring semester at Ohio State. He said he's two years from completing his degree in gerontology. He'll also continue working out at OSU to prepare for next season.

Clarett said his time in prison matured him.

"Any time you have a period of that much isolation, and you reflect on your life and the decisions that brought you to the place you're at, it's going to do one of two things," he said. "You're going to stay stuck in the same place or you're going to evaluate and figure out how to get better. In my case, I had responsibility. I had a daughter. I decided to grow up and accept responsibility for the things I've done and move forward."

Mueller said Clarett eagerly participated in the team's community projects. Clarett especially enjoyed visiting the Boys and Girls Club in a hardscrabble area of north Omaha.

He spent much of his time in the club's education center helping boys with their homework and proofing math problems, said Paul Haskell, the club's director of marketing.

"You could really tell that's where he felt his place was," Haskell said. "I could tell he definitely wanted to be there."

Clarett said Omaha fans and people on the street have been welcoming, which initially surprised him.

"It's obvious I had some public struggles, but they recognize me, we speak and it's cool," he said.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards in 2002, helping Ohio State to its first national championship in 34 years. He scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime of a dramatic Fiesta Bowl victory over top-ranked Miami.

He was ruled ineligible the following year for taking extra benefits worth thousands of dollars. He sued to enter the NFL draft early, before he was out of high school for three years, but lost in court.

He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2005, but he reported to camp out of shape, injured his groin and was cut before the season started. He spent the last 4½ months of his prison sentence in a dormitory-style facility in Columbus that serves as a transition for those getting out of prison.

"He's not proud of where he's been," Mueller said, "but he's learned from it and wants to show everybody he's a different person."

Clarett said prison humbled him and that he doesn't presume the NFL would want anything to do with him again.

"I just deal with the reality of my situation," he said. "I pretty much don't get ahead of myself."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5732686"/></object>

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Watch the video though...it's actually believable...if you have ten minutes...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

It sounds good, I just lump him in with Vick, I don't really buy it yet but we will see. Still, as much as I can't stand him I do wish him luck and hope he really can get things turned around.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I don't think he'll ever make it back to the NFL...which is the part I like about all of this...he's not taking any cash at all until after the season...

I wonder how he's paying for classes at Ohio State?

Rumor has it that Tress is footing the bill...of course...he makes about 800 million a year...so it's pocket change...but damn.

Yeah...nobody can't stand the guy as much as I can...talk about a let down...but he almost needed to crash and burn before he could become a better person...

He's definitely in the same class as Vick...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

The difference is that Vick had several good years in the NFL...

Clarett...none...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

what a thriller today for the Bucks. great road Big Ten win at Iowa.

I was pissed at Tressel when he kicked that field goal in the 2nd qtr, but the Senator was right again, as that was the margin of victory.

I don't think I've ever seen that many drops on deep balls in one game. but they survived.

doesn't look like the Bucks will get any help to get back to the Rose Bowl, but another BCS game is certainly in the offing with a win next week.

which reminds me, it's officially Michigan week now, so MUCK FICHIGAN!!!
                          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Yeah...and now we have another loud mouthed MichiSuck fan modding this joint...

Should be an interesting week...

Christ...I hope Musberger isn't working this game next week...he'll be licking Robinson's crack all game long.

I hear he has moxie...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

It was a weird game today...

Funny about that first deep ball drop...he had his head nearly taken the fuck off...should have been a penalty with his hand on his face mask....

he dropped two others though...

and fucking Posey's drop (actually turned out to be a good thing...ran more time off) nearly sent me into a fucking tailspin.

DS is their only lockdown receiver...what a catch he made that led to the score....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

And Matt fucking Millen...are you fucking kidding me...

at one point...he was singing backstreet boys...

no shit...

fucking painful...

Comment

Working...