Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I haven't watched wrestling in 6 months... I used to watch raw weekly.

Who is the woman's champion now?

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Who Won The Royal Rumble?
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Vanessa
        Roadie
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Dan
        Who Won The Royal Rumble?
        john cena!

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vanessa
          john cena!
          Thanks.

Let Me Guess, He Was Number 30?

Comment

• Vanessa
            Roadie
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Dan
            Thanks.

Let Me Guess, He Was Number 30?
            yup!

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Damn That Shit.

Number 1 Or 2 Should Win It.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

John Cena won?

Well, that explains why I don't watch wrestling anymore. Vince just can't get it through his thick fucking head, can he?
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Time To Pass The Belt To Someone Else.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Actually, what they need to do is get rid of all the dead weight. Wrestlers with zero charisma and go-nowhere feuds/stories...give the belts to popular wrestlers, write some decent fucking angles, and have title reigns longer than a month. The belt doesn't have to change hands or be held up every three weeks to make it exciting. Hogan held the belt for FOUR YEARS in the 80's and wrestling was never more popular.

What they really need are writers who can make CONVINCING, BELIEVABLE angles and wrestlers who have a real acting fire and truly want to sell it. Those two things are in a sad degree of short supply, and professional wrestling is in the fucking toilet because nobody will invest in it.

Heroes...Villains...the occasional SHOCKING ABOUT-FACE with alignment...

Seriously, the 80's angle is WHAT FUCKING WORKS. Kids today aren't really watching wrestling, they're watching YouTube and playing video games...surfing the web...the average wrestling fan anymore is between 24-45 years of age, because we fucking grew up with it, you know?

WCW was KILLING the WWE during the Monday night wars because they went with the 80's angle, and it fucking worked. There was the occasional slip, sure (Glacier? The Misfits, anyone?), but by and large it wasn't until Bischoff started pitching other shit to the networks and left Kevin Nash in charge of everything that it all went down the shitter and WWE took over it's original slot. Had WCW kept doing what it was doing, it probably would have bankrupted Vince McMahon, eventually. WWE was on it's last legs before WCW blew it.

It works. It's basic. It's easy to follow. We know it's fake, but the guys sell the simple premises so well, we don't really give a shit. The WWE's so fucking convoluted these days, polluted with so many belts, fly by night tag teams with no team cohesion and a ridiculous amount of belt swapping I can't hardly even keep up with it (13 title reigns or whatever? That should be Flair's sole domain, not HHH's and Cena's and every other fucking bumpkins).

Somebody needs to put some acting coaches into the gyms, seriously...guys like Savage, Duggan, Hogan, Warrior, Roberts, Hart, Beefcake, Rude, Hennig...those guys were over the top, but they could SELL it like they fucking meant it. The new hacks today are just reciting and it shows and that, in addition to the convoluted storylines and rapid fire belt trading is what really loses me. And I bet it loses a lot of others, too.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      Actually, what they need to do is get rid of all the dead weight. Wrestlers with zero charisma and go-nowhere feuds/stories...give the belts to popular wrestlers, write some decent fucking angles, and have title reigns longer than a month. The belt doesn't have to change hands or be held up every three weeks to make it exciting. Hogan held the belt for FOUR YEARS in the 80's and wrestling was never more popular.

What they really need are writers who can make CONVINCING, BELIEVABLE angles and wrestlers who have a real acting fire and truly want to sell it. Those two things are in a sad degree of short supply, and professional wrestling is in the fucking toilet because nobody will invest in it.

Heroes...Villains...the occasional SHOCKING ABOUT-FACE with alignment...

Seriously, the 80's angle is WHAT FUCKING WORKS. Kids today aren't really watching wrestling, they're watching YouTube and playing video games...surfing the web...the average wrestling fan anymore is between 24-45 years of age, because we fucking grew up with it, you know?

WCW was KILLING the WWE during the Monday night wars because they went with the 80's angle, and it fucking worked. There was the occasional slip, sure (Glacier? The Misfits, anyone?), but by and large it wasn't until Bischoff started pitching other shit to the networks and left Kevin Nash in charge of everything that it all went down the shitter and WWE took over it's original slot. Had WCW kept doing what it was doing, it probably would have bankrupted Vince McMahon, eventually. WWE was on it's last legs before WCW blew it.

It works. It's basic. It's easy to follow. We know it's fake, but the guys sell the simple premises so well, we don't really give a shit. The WWE's so fucking convoluted these days, polluted with so many belts, fly by night tag teams with no team cohesion and a ridiculous amount of belt swapping I can't hardly even keep up with it (13 title reigns or whatever? That should be Flair's sole domain, not HHH's and Cena's and every other fucking bumpkins).

Somebody needs to put some acting coaches into the gyms, seriously...guys like Savage, Duggan, Hogan, Warrior, Roberts, Hart, Beefcake, Rude, Hennig...those guys were over the top, but they could SELL it like they fucking meant it. The new hacks today are just reciting and it shows and that, in addition to the convoluted storylines and rapid fire belt trading is what really loses me. And I bet it loses a lot of others, too.
                      Damn,Bob You Need To Call WWE.

For Real.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I'll get my people on it...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vanessa
                          Roadie
                          • Jun 2007

they should bring back stone cold!

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vanessa
                            they should bring back stone cold!
                            Hell Yeah.

Comment

• Vanessa
                              Roadie
                              • Jun 2007

mayweather is getting paid 20 million dollars to wrestle the big show on wrestlemania it should be interesting.

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

The only way that match is going to be interesting is if it's a REAL boxer vs. wrestler match, akin to the ones that were conducted in the late 60's/early 70's...not a scripted match with a scripted ending.

Of course, if it were a REAL boxer vs. wrestler match, it'd be over in Big Show's favor inside of about 2 1/2 minutes...my Uncle saw quite a few of those type of matches back in the day and the wrestlers used to use them for comic relief, the boxers were just completely destroyed in almost no time flat...

This being the WWE, I'll say that Vince has already decided Mayweather will pull off a "shocking" upset and send the Big Show into a destructive frenzy and blah blah blah...in other words, boring and predictable as ever...
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...