X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
    So we're supposed to think this show makes sense when you see it live.

Only if I can run sound and insert a laugh track at key moments.
    sure, why not?
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

One has to make certain sacrifices to get the girlies dancing, dude...

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
      Well, I don't usually waste time by watching the youtubes people post, but glad I did just now...

Kickass!

Stellar performance, brutha... so, you the old geezer, or the long-haired punk? I'm assuming you're the one who needs a haircut, as the elderly gentleman is playing what appears to be a bass? Video is really bad.

Still, tight band, & playing like a cover band should play... drunk.

I wouldn't leave the bar with a band like that playing. Even if Weezer.

Cheers! :bottle:
      Thanks, bro! Yes, I would indeed be the "long-haired punk" in the videos...problem with the vids, my ex-girlfriend and the bassist's wife were the ones shooting them, and they were usually as drunk as we were...in fact they were always the ones sending the shots to the bandstand...

Yeah, the band I was in before this one with Fan Halen's drummer (which they decided to call "Smokin' J" - originally much to my chagrin, but my objections were overruled...ha!) was much heavier overall, and we did more VH like "Atomic Punk" and "Romeo Delight" - Larry would (and probably still DOES) even bring out his GONG for the full effect! That dude ain't fuckin' around! We did "I don't know" and some other cool Ozzy tunes, AIC, "War Pigs" by Sabbath...crowds loved it. WISH I had some videos of that band now. We got less bombed at gigs, because we were playing more intricate shit and couldn't be fully plastered . This one was fun, but kind of a downgrade IMO...lol!
      But when you play the Weezer tune, or say "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters, the little 20-something girls will get up and dance in front of you, which does NOT suck...

I took last year off from cover gigs to concentrate on learning Pro Tools (which is goin' pretty well), but I am seriously getting the urge to get back out there.

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        Thanks, bro! Yes, I would indeed be the "long-haired punk" in the videos...problem with the vids, my ex-girlfriend and the bassist's wife were the ones shooting them, and they were usually as drunk as we were...in fact they were always the ones sending the shots to the bandstand...

Yeah, the band I was in before this one with Fan Halen's drummer (which they decided to call "Smokin' J" - originally much to my chagrin, but my objections were overruled...ha!) was much heavier overall, and we did more VH like "Atomic Punk" and "Romeo Delight" - Larry would (and probably still DOES) even bring out his GONG for the full effect! That dude ain't fuckin' around! We did "I don't know" and some other cool Ozzy tunes, AIC, "War Pigs" by Sabbath...crowds loved it. WISH I had some videos of that band now. We got less bombed at gigs, because we were playing more intricate shit and couldn't be fully plastered . This one was fun, but kind of a downgrade IMO...lol!
        But when you play the Weezer tune, or say "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters, the little 20-something girls will get up and dance in front of you, which does NOT suck...

I took last year off from cover gigs to concentrate on learning Pro Tools (which is goin' pretty well), but I am seriously getting the urge to get back out there.

Do be sure to get back out there, & record some shit to share with us.

About the downgrade, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Problem with artists, is they HAVE to show you EVERYTHING they know, again & again.

Dude, as long as you keep practising & getting better all the time, that's all that matters. One has to remember most people don't give a fuck anyway, & just wanna have fun.

That's what being a covers band is all about - having fun, whilst occasionally bringing out the wankery, but never overdoing it.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond

lounge is afraid that if he took me up on my offer, that i might actually be telling the truth, :

Trust me, I'm never afraid of you telling the truth.

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
            Sniper
            • Feb 2007

I'm still waiting for Ace to post the song he wrote about the trip he took to Wisconsin to visit Nate and Juice. The lyrics are hilarious! The trip sounded like a lot of fun!
            https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

I'm still waiting for Ace to post the song he wrote about the trip he took to Wisconsin to visit Nate and Juice. The lyrics are hilarious! The trip sounded like a lot of fun!
              nate was not there. however, if you want to hear the song, go to:

www.myspace.com/acediamondexperience

the song is called "alcohol(the world drinking tour)"

enjoy.
              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Only in ace's mind would a Greyhound bus ride from Dogshit, California to Palookaville, Wisconsin be considered a "World Tour"

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2007

nate was not there. however, if you want to hear the song, go to:

www.myspace.com/acediamondexperience

the song is called "alcohol(the world drinking tour)"

enjoy.
                  Thanks! But the video is more funny!
                  https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Only in ace's mind would a Greyhound bus ride from Dogshit, California to Palookaville, Wisconsin be considered a "World Tour"
                    Hey....I have relatives in Palookaville
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ace diamond
                      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by loungemachine

Only in ace's mind would a greyhound bus ride from dogshit, california to palookaville, wisconsin be considered a "world tour" :d
                      obviously you missed the 2nd verse.
                      Verse 1 occurred in 2007 and again in 2008.
                      Verse 2 occured in 2004.
                      Overall i have played drunken concerts in:
                      Atlanta, dallas, milwaukee, racine, ontario, los angeles, several shows in san diego, las vegas, salt lake city, phoenix, tampa bay, yucaipa, mentone, redlands, san bernardino, pomona, riverside, flagstaff, albequerque, colorado springs, denver,
                      show low, holbrook, gallup, claremont, chino, moreno valley,
                      hemet, apple valley, boron, joshua tree, quartzsite, indio,
                      barstow, adelanto, victorville, perris, temecula, lake elsinore, calimesa, fontana, corona,,beaumont, banning, palm springs, indian wells, blythe,big bear,cherry valley,highland, yucca valley,burlington, chicago, munich, paris, tijuana,honolulu,awahtukee, tempe, and greenland.

These shows in the cities listed have taken place between
                      1997-2009.

I have played concerts in 5 countries on 2 different continents.
                      Now, i do believe that qualifies as a world tour.

All of which i managed to finance on my own.
                      That is a whole lot more than most bands have done.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

well then, lounge,
                        i triple dog dare you to come to one of my shows, film it, post it, and share the experience with the whole world.
                        on the 2 conditions that
                        1:the footage of the show itself is unedited, undoctored, unabridged and uncensored.

Yeah, you wouldn't want him to doctor it to make it sound bad.

crowd shots would be required though.

some black and white footage of a controlled demolition would be required as well.

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Thanks! But the video is more funny!
                          ok. i'll post it later.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

munich, paris, .

Bullshit.

Prove it

Comment

• Cato
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

hummm.....

test posting from ipod
                              Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                                hummm.....

test posting from ipod
                                Welcome to The Army!
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...