X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fe_lung
    Sniper
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
    Nick Drake, he's a great but underrated acoustic guitarist. Anyone heard of him?

Good call. Drake was fantastic and the fact that most people don't know his stuff is a tragedy.

Comment

• nosuchluck
      Sniper
      • Aug 2004

how could i forget Criss Oliva??
      that guy was great...R.I.P

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Anybody mention Lindsay Buckingham?

He's got some chops.

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

I've got a few to throw in:

James Mankey of Concrete Blonde - great style, very textural.
          Dominic Miller - plays with Sting - I've never heard Dom play anything that was less than perfect.
          Brian Bell of Weezer - just a solid player with a lot of creativity
          The guy from Primus - Just an odd fucking collection of talented musicians that band....
          and lastly
          Malcom Young - Angus gets the glory but Malcoms got the groove and he gives his brother a solid foundation to shred over.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2005

Danny Gatton - He's an awesome guitarist who never got the credit he deserved. It's a shame he had to kill himself in the end, he really was great!
            ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• houseofpain
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hard rock
              Bruce Kulick of Kiss as well. He was always pretty much in the shadow of Ace Frehley but he is a great player himself. Should of had more attention then what he got
              Yeah definitely. Bruce walked in Ace's shadow for years. Listen to Alive III. Bruce plays Ace's solos live better than Ace played them in studio. After Vinnie Vincent and Mark St. John, Paul and Gene were very fortunate to get Bruce. Bruce is so much more talented than all three of his predecessors.

Did anybody mention Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks? I just watched my Allman Brother's Live at the Beacon DVD. Those two are pretty dang good. Think about this: Warren replaced Duane, so he played mostly Duane parts. Warren leaves, and Derek replaces him, so Derek is playing Duane's parts. Dickey's out, Warren comes back...Warren and Derek now play, I don't know. I know I've watched the extras on the DVD and they talk about it. It seems like there's no rhyme or reason to who plays Duane and who plays Dickey live. I can tell you right now, the Allman's last two releases, I like a bunch. Hittin' The Note is hard pressed to get out of my rotation.
              EAT US AND SMILE!
              LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
              DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• houseofpain
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2005

Anybody familiar with Walter Trout? Trout can blaze with the best of 'em. He's a blues player real similar to SRV with a nod to Hendrix and EVH.
                EAT US AND SMILE!
                LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
                DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• Island Boy
                  Roadie
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by houseofpain
                  Yeah definitely. Bruce walked in Ace's shadow for years. Listen to Alive III. Bruce plays Ace's solos live better than Ace played them in studio. After Vinnie Vincent and Mark St. John, Paul and Gene were very fortunate to get Bruce. Bruce is so much more talented than all three of his predecessors.

Did anybody mention Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks? I just watched my Allman Brother's Live at the Beacon DVD. Those two are pretty dang good. Think about this: Warren replaced Duane, so he played mostly Duane parts. Warren leaves, and Derek replaces him, so Derek is playing Duane's parts. Dickey's out, Warren comes back...Warren and Derek now play, I don't know. I know I've watched the extras on the DVD and they talk about it. It seems like there's no rhyme or reason to who plays Duane and who plays Dickey live. I can tell you right now, the Allman's last two releases, I like a bunch. Hittin' The Note is hard pressed to get out of my rotation.

post #59
                  Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!

Comment

• Island Boy
                    Roadie
                    • May 2004

Allen Collins
                    Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!

Comment

• Jano
                      Commando
                      • Feb 2004

pat travers
                      steve steven
                      Nugent
                      buck Dharma from B.O.C.
                      little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                      http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• VHdamaco
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2004

i gotta say the nuge...

man gets more attention for saying fuck you to p.e.t.a. and that lot, then he does for his 6-string abilities, which are pretty damn good btw.
                        Don't FUCK With Greatness...

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Tommy Emmanuel ???

Hey the dude is excellent on Acoustic :p
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2005

Yes, Tommy Emmanuel is most excellent on the acoustic!

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Jano
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

I forgot Brian Setzer,he's a great one also!
                              little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                              http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2005

John Sykes, one of my fav guitarists. Definitely underrated.

Comment

Working...