X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i give Warrant a pass, because they were local. but that third wave of metal bands, Trixter, Firehouse, etc. just killed everything.

on the other hand, by the time you get to the third wave of any genre, it's over. it's happening now-the labels are on their third wave of Blink-182 clones, and they all suck.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

I have to say at lest 60% of them relied on looks and got their fame from Teenage girls buying albums and going to their concerts.

thus, Boy Bands = relied on looks and got their frame from Teenage girls buying albums and going to their concerts.

Hair bands won't bad thew, because there was some that had good music and rocked, but some of them wore bad as well.

Every generation had those kind of bands in the 60's was the Monkeys, which I always consider a cheap rip off of the Beatles.

I am only 25, I don't know much about the Hair band era. I was only a kid, but I listen to mostly 60's 70's and 80's music. In the 90's music got horrible, when Rap and Hip Hop and Grunge came in.

You got P. Diddy fucking and ripping off Zeppelin and other great rock songs. It seems like thats all rapers do is rip and fuck up great rock songs, which is another reason I hate rap.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
        thus, Boy Bands = relied on looks and got their frame from Teenage girls buying albums and going to their concerts.
        Sorry, I meant to say fame not frame. :p

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

The band's from the 80's who relied more on there music than their hairspray and makeup, are the ones I respect more.

Comment

• HippieLettuce
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

Death of Buddy Holly
            Death of Jimi Hendrix
            Death of Kieth Moon
            Death of Bonzo
            Death of Cliff Burton - holy God did Metallica turn to shit soon after

Comment

• Steve Savicki
              • Jan 2004

So was it Cliff's songwriting that kept them together? Or did Newstead change their tone?
              sigpic

Comment

• HippieLettuce
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                So was it Cliff's songwriting that kept them together? Or did Newstead change their tone?
                I think it was both his songwriting and his presence that helped solidify classic Metallica. It's easy to speculate, but I just can't picture Cliff Burton in the band Metallica has become.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Classic Metallica kicked so much ass!!!!!!!!!

It seems like every year and every album they get more wores.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HippieLettuce
                    I just can't picture Cliff Burton in the band Metallica has become.
                    I agree. All those people that think The Black album is the best are probably brainwashed by Elekta's/Warner Bros. marketing promoters.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...