"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    • Jan 2004
    • 58931

    Eat Us And Smile

    Cenk For America 2024!!

    Justice Democrats


    "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

    Comment

    • FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

      • Jan 2004
      • 58931

      Holy Shit! I knew that "Angry" riff sounded familiar....

      So who's the Monkees fan? Mick? Keef? Andrew Watt??



      I hadn't heard this song in 30 years, so it never registered until I stumbled across it tonight. It's not a direct copy, but the guitar riff and drums ain't far off at all.
      Eat Us And Smile

      Cenk For America 2024!!

      Justice Democrats


      "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

      Comment

      • FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

        • Jan 2004
        • 58931

        Happy 80th Birthday Keef!

        Eat Us And Smile

        Cenk For America 2024!!

        Justice Democrats


        "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

        Comment

        • FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

          • Jan 2004
          • 58931

          Damned if I know what this video has to do with the Stones or even the song... but I guess it's a good thing that they made a video for at least one of the "Charlie" songs on the album....

          Eat Us And Smile

          Cenk For America 2024!!

          Justice Democrats


          "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

          Comment

          • FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

            • Jan 2004
            • 58931

            Eat Us And Smile

            Cenk For America 2024!!

            Justice Democrats


            "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

            Comment

            • Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004
              • 7175

              It's like the 45 rpm record being played on 33 rpm mode.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

              Comment

              • Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009
                • 1127

                I heard a new song on the radio - I presume it’s new because it sucked. Rolling Stones with Lady Gaga. Sounded like Jagger on auto-tune. Lady Gaga was the best part of the song. Missing Charlie’s undeniable drum tone.

                Comment

                • nick500
                  Groupie
                  • Jul 2019
                  • 85

                  The idiot producer buried the drums and put the guitar too loud.

                  Comment

                  • Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 16518

                    FORD...

                    You seem to be a good source for this (and I thought...here's the perfect thread!):

                    I'm organizing some of my Stones outtakes and putting together a few outtake albums in my iTunes...

                    Do you have really good quality versions of a couple tracks I'm looking for?

                    For instance, do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the GHS version of TOPS (not the TATTOO YOU version with the new vocals and such)? I like the more 70s vibe of the original version when I'm in the right frame-of-mind.

                    Do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the SOME GIRLS-era outtake I NEED YOU? This is one of my favorite "lost" Stones song, but looking through my folders and boots, every version I have sounds kinda like shit.

                    Also, do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the 60s outtake GET YOURSELF TOGETHER? This is a really great track that should have been on BETWEEN THE BUTTONS (or AFTERMATH).
                    Roth Army Militia

                    Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                    Comment

                    • FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

                      • Jan 2004
                      • 58931

                      And the archive releases continue.....

                      Eat Us And Smile

                      Cenk For America 2024!!

                      Justice Democrats


                      "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

                      Comment

                      • FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

                        • Jan 2004
                        • 58931

                        Originally posted by Rikk
                        FORD...

                        You seem to be a good source for this (and I thought...here's the perfect thread!):

                        I'm organizing some of my Stones outtakes and putting together a few outtake albums in my iTunes...

                        Do you have really good quality versions of a couple tracks I'm looking for?

                        For instance, do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the GHS version of TOPS (not the TATTOO YOU version with the new vocals and such)? I like the more 70s vibe of the original version when I'm in the right frame-of-mind.

                        Do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the SOME GIRLS-era outtake I NEED YOU? This is one of my favorite "lost" Stones song, but looking through my folders and boots, every version I have sounds kinda like shit.

                        Also, do you have a GOOD-SOUNDING version of the 60s outtake GET YOURSELF TOGETHER? This is a really great track that should have been on BETWEEN THE BUTTONS (or AFTERMATH).
                        Sadly I don't have any good quality copies of any of these. The version of "Tops" with Mick's drunken falsetto is on dozens of bootlegs, but all in the same muddy sound quality, unfortunately. The last version of "I need you" that I posted in this thread a couple pages back was the best quality version I've heard, but I'm not sure which boot they got it from. None that I have, that's for sure. And I'm not sure if I have "Get yourself Together" at all.

                        I was hoping that there would be another round of good quality Stones boots leaking out, like the three disc set "Fully Furnished Outtakes" that came out a couple of years ago. To me, the "holy grail" would be the Some Girls album "master takes" in perfect studio sound quality.
                        Eat Us And Smile

                        Cenk For America 2024!!

                        Justice Democrats


                        "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

                        Comment

                        • FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

                          • Jan 2004
                          • 58931

                          Looks like they did a lot of deep cuts at the Wiltern show......

                          Eat Us And Smile

                          Cenk For America 2024!!

                          Justice Democrats


                          "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

                          Comment

                          • Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 16518

                            Originally posted by FORD
                            Sadly I don't have any good quality copies of any of these. The version of "Tops" with Mick's drunken falsetto is on dozens of bootlegs, but all in the same muddy sound quality, unfortunately. The last version of "I need you" that I posted in this thread a couple pages back was the best quality version I've heard, but I'm not sure which boot they got it from. None that I have, that's for sure. And I'm not sure if I have "Get yourself Together" at all.

                            I was hoping that there would be another round of good quality Stones boots leaking out, like the three disc set "Fully Furnished Outtakes" that came out a couple of years ago. To me, the "holy grail" would be the Some Girls album "master takes" in perfect studio sound quality.
                            Understood.

                            Sounds like you have a lot of the same sources I do.

                            I did my own remaster of I NEED YOU a couple of years ago...but could only get it sounding SO good from the shitty source material that's leaked.

                            I was hoping I NEED YOU would be part of the FULLY-FINISHED OUTTAKES set (it not being on that set leads me to believe that they didn't even consider using it for the SOME GIRLS outtakes album they did a decade or so ago).

                            I'll post GET YOURSELF TOGETHER in a bit...maybe you won't agree with me...but it has that mid-60s garage rock sound that really works from that period. I really like BETWEEN THE BUTTONS...but it could have used a few more actual ROCK tracks like this one.

                            By the way, I agree with you: since we know the band seems to be done raiding the archives for SOME GIRLS outtake material (I was hoping for an EMOTIONAL RESCUE box set with unreleased songs, but I think that may be a tall order), a bootleg with those complete sessions in perfect quality would be the greatest Stones boot possibly ever. Those are easily the most prolific sessions the band ever had.
                            Roth Army Militia

                            Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                            Comment

                            • Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 16518

                              Last edited by Rikk; 02-15-2024, 06:41 AM.
                              Roth Army Militia

                              Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                              Comment

                              • Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 16518

                                Here's a cleaner version (doesn't sound like an actual attempted mix).

                                Roth Army Militia

                                Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                                Comment

                                Working...