Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

Couldn't disagree more. Mindcrime 1 was their best effort and the followup to it was needed by the fans!
    Being on this web site you can understand, we here have waited 22 years for the Van Halen reunion with Roth, as I have waited 16 years for Mindcrime 2. Even though Geoff Tate states that once he is done with an album, he doesn't revisit it(Bullshit)
    I was front row last month for the concert and yes, everything Hardrock said was exactly the way I saw it.
    Mindcrime 2 was no where near Mindcrime 1, it gets lost after the 7th song on the cd, but Mindcrime 2 was needed to complete the story.
    Yes, I was glad I went none the less, but front row was just too fucking cool!
    This was my wife's first time seeing Queensryche after she began listening to them 6 years ago and she was completely in awe at Geoff's voice none the less
    However, I did not expect to see the 1989 Mindcrime tour as I do not expect to see Van Halen 1984 again when the reunion finally happens.
    Pam was looking alot sluttier than I thought she would after seeing her on the Mindcrime tour and Seattle dvd, which was a bonus.
    People at the concert were saying there will be a dvd of the tour and something about a movie, who knows? There was a camera on Geoff Tate all night.
    The show was something different, hopefully there is a dvd and you will all see what I mean.
    Last edited by jgdrag; 12-06-2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Yeah well they could have spent a couple of years and written about 100 songs to choose from for the album.

I mean, their worst is still better than many other band's best, but OM II was lame in comparison.

I can live without it.

Mr. Badguy said it right.

Comment

• jgdrag
        Sniper
        • Jul 2005

That was far from their worst in comparison to Tribe, Promised Land or Q2K, but then again, I have been a fan since the ep release so it was nice to have some sort of a decent release after, in my opinion, releasing garbage the last several albums.
        Last edited by jgdrag; 12-07-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• jgdrag
          Sniper
          • Jul 2005

By the way Mr Badguy, the plot of MC2 has everything to do with the first Mindcrime album, including Ronnie James Dios appearance on the album as Dr X.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I finally got around to listening to it.

It's ok, kinda non-descript actually. Age catches them all it would seem....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jgdrag
              By the way Mr Badguy, the plot of MC2 has everything to do with the first Mindcrime album, including Ronnie James Dios appearance on the album as Dr X.
              I don't know that you could call it a 'plot'.

Nikki gets out of prison, is upset, kills Dr X and is still upset. End.

Cheers!

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Best post in this thread!

Ha hA!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

That was far from their worst in comparison to Tribe, Promised Land or Q2K, but then again, I have been a fan since the ep release so it was nice to have some sort of a decent release after, in my opinion, releasing garbage the last several albums.
                  You think OM2 is better than "Promised land"?

Now that`s something I don`t agree with.

"Promised land", IMO, is as good as ANYTHING they`ve released.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I don't know that you could call it a 'plot'.

Cheers!

If it was that clear it would be a great plot.

I mean what`s all this stuff about "The Hands"?

I`ve read the lyrics a few times to try and decipher the story but it`s even more enigmatic than the end of OM1, whose plot lines were supposed to be tied up in OM2.

It smacks of a band (well, Geoff Tate) trying to be far too clever.

Setting up OM3 after a few more poorply received albums perhaps?
                    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• jgdrag
                      Sniper
                      • Jul 2005

Well, I must admit that I prefer anything up to Empire and nothing more, with the exception of the first 7 songs off of MC2 somewhat?

I hope you are wrong about MC3.
                      If you watch the bonus footage off of the Mindcrime dvd, Geoff Tate outright claims to not want to go back to an album once it is done with, which after MC2, we know is BS

I hope they did MC2 for the conclusion and not a cash grab, MC2 falls drastically short of MC unfortunately, even for me.

As far as "The Hands', in my opinion is that Nicki is planning his revenge on Dr X as well as Nicki fighting his urge for another hit

Just my opinion
                      Last edited by jgdrag; 12-07-2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Promised Land slays OMII.

Not even close....

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by binnie
                          I finally got around to listening to it.

It's ok, kinda non-descript actually. Age catches them all it would seem....
                          Heard it and I'v got no use for it. It's subpar at best and utter crap when compared to the first Mindcrime disc. I think DeGarmo had the right idea way back when he left the sinking ship.
                          I was a big fan back in the mid 80's and went to see them two or three times starting with the rage tour. They were a killer live band back then. Guess I'm better served remembering them the way they use to be live.
                          [

Comment

• jgdrag
                            Sniper
                            • Jul 2005

Killer live band, when? Mindcrime was a pretty tone down stage presence(see dvd), Art of Live, hardly a killer performance on stage(see dvd). This tour probabley had the best stage show of any Queensryche tour.

I guess the review given to the show was missing quite a bit of what actually was going on during the show? No offence Hardrock.

But the show I saw was very theatrical in that all the characters in Mindcrime 1 were represented on stage during the entire show.

You had Nicki running around the stage tying off his veins trying to shoot another hit while Mary was trying to make him obstain from any further abuse.

The only thing missing was Ronnie James Dio's appearance on stage as Dr X! but Dr. X was represented on stage.

Constant revoving stage furniture and accesories to backdrop the particular timeline of the Mindcrime story.

At points during the concert I had to wonder if I was at the theatre or at a concert?

As far as the band phoning in their performance, I initially agreed, BUT, were they there to support the actual Mindcrime story going on during the concert or show up the theatrics going on during the show? I think to back up the story going on on stage, so what could they do, upstage the story as it unfolded in front of you?

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Can't wait for the dvd.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2006

Killer live band, when? Mindcrime was a pretty tone down stage presence(see dvd), Art of Live, hardly a killer performance on stage(see dvd). This tour probabley had the best stage show of any Queensryche tour.
                              Musically, yes they were a killer live band. That IS what I go see bands for-music-first and foremost.

If I want to see a great stage show, Queensryche definitely doesn't come to mind. Good for you if you liked it. If I'm after a good stage show, I'll put my money on Alice Cooper, Kiss(even with the scabs), Maiden just to name a few.
                              [

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In my opinion this whole thread is dancing around the whole fucking issue.

I know the brother of one of the guys in the band used to post here maybe he still visits.

Please fucking pass this on if you do.

IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE.

The show I saw in 1990 is the show 99% of Queensryche fans want now. Fuck we'll pay for it every two years as a night out for the next 20 years. What's the fucking problem? Are Queensryche better than fucking Shakespear? Last time I looked his shows were being played 400 years later, what is your fucking problem?

The UK 1990 Tour.

Backdrop of the Empire logo.

Band come on do Best I Can, Jet City Woman, Another Rainy Night, Empire.

The crowd give a 5 minute standing ovation, go fucking crazy, Geoff Tate is visibly moved. they have been a support act for so long and this is their first headlining gig. 3500 people screaming for minutes.

He talks to the crowd saying how amzed and humble they are to get such a reaction. He can't believe it. It's a vindication of all they have been doing for all these years and instead of getting some polite applause from a half full arena suppporting some metal band this is the people that get it.

The Empire backdrop falls to the floor, and is replaaced by the Mindcrime logo. They play the whole fucking thing.

Then they play a couple of songs off of Rage for Order and finish with 'Take Hold of the Flame'.

One of the best gigs I've ever been too. I know a couple of people that say to this day it's #1.

As I said it's not fucking rocket science. Why is it so difficult for them to realise they are a live act now rather than a recording act?

Why is that some sort of climb down?

The money is in the touring now anyway not the record sales.

Do people look for Hamlet II or Hamlet?

Grow up and fucking do your fucking job and stop fucking us around.

It's that simple.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...