• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Ah...you were there too...

I'm glad they're opening with Mob Rules now and not "After All (The Dead)" though, even if it was a lil' disappointing sound-wise. In fact, the sound guy sucked...he even cut Ronnie's mic off at one point.

BTW...how pissed off did Ronnie look during "Neon Knights" when that plastic glass of beer hit him? Lost his train of thought and everything...

But, yea...Iced Earth were OK live, Lamb of God sucked, H+H ruled, even if they dropped a bunch of songs from the set (and yet kept Vinnie's solo?).

The only redeeming thing about Lab of God is that when the guitar tech as checking the strings, he played the riff from "Unchained". In fact, at Foo Fighters last week they played "Cradle Will Rock" over the PA...CVH is back, people...even in the UK.
    Lamb of God have potential, but they'll have to change the vocals a little otherwise it'll just be more of the same: same key, same speed, same breakdowns etc etc. Really good extreme metal bands always know a lot about melody. The riff to Unchained was appreciated though!

Ronnie did look a little pissed when the beer hit him, I suppose understandably. I was surprised that they cut songs from the set, and the drum solo was a little pointless (but the other htree are getting on and probably needed a break.)

I only thought that the sound was dissapointing on Mob Rules, sounded fucking killer for the rest of the night, almost the definition if heavy. But the sound guy did cut Ronnie off in between songs once didn't he?

Good night though.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

You know, Bin...one of these days we'll have to meet up at the bar...we always seem to be at the same gigs...
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
        You know, Bin...one of these days we'll have to meet up at the bar...we always seem to be at the same gigs...
        That's true, we must do that.

I would have suggested Motorhead/Alice Cooper at the MEN, but unfortunately I can't make that one. I'm sure our paths will cross in the future though.

Fingers crossed for Van Halen, AC/DC and Iron Maiden in 2008 (although I'm guessing Maiden are only going to do a festival rather than an arena tour.)
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...