14. The Devil Cried
    15. Shadow Of The Wind
    16. Ear In The Wall
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Wondering where "Time Machine" and "Buried Alive" are at...???

Doesn't matter, really, I already own all of it and have for years...only reason I'm buying it at all is for the new songs, to give Tony Iommi and Ronnie James my money (which they richly deserve), and to see the liner notes and pretty pictures...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Wondering where "Time Machine" and "Buried Alive" are at...???

Doesn't matter, really, I already own all of it and have for years...only reason I'm buying it at all is for the new songs, to give Tony Iommi and Ronnie James my money (which they richly deserve), and to see the liner notes and pretty pictures...

Same here actaully, although I'm pretty sure neither Dio or Iommi need our money...
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Well, they're worth MORE of our money, at any rate...

Greatest metal vocalist ever...greatest metal guitarist ever...

'nuff said!
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

This is GRATE news.

Crack open the salad!!!
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

*tooooke toooke tookke*

Ahhhhhh...

*passes the salad to Shaun*.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Oct 2004

HUZZAH!

Now, lets play that GRATE album "Kool and the Gang sing Black Sabbath featuring special guests Ronnie Dio and Tony Iommi"
                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Y'know, I don't think I know of anyone who actively dislikes Dio....

A metal trooper...
                  ME! There's only one vocalist for BLACK FUCKIN SABBATH and thats Mr Ozzy Osbourne! And Rainbow sucked major big time
                  Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
                    ME! There's only one vocalist for BLACK FUCKIN SABBATH and thats Mr Ozzy Osbourne!
                    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sure, Ozzy was bad ass up until 1989 or so. Problem being he hasn't been worth a FUCK since then. The clown prince of blown out, burned out, drug-addled derelict washed-up uselessness on stage. Christ, even REO Speedwagon is a better stage act than he is anymore.

You ever stop to wonder why Tony looked PAINED in so much Ozzfest footage over the last few years?

Quite frankly, Ronnie James Dio was and IS the most talented vocalist and lyricist that Tony Iommi has EVER worked with from day one. Dio is just as much a part of Sabbath as Ozzy is...at the end of the day, Black Sabbath is TONY IOMMI and whoever the fuck he wants to put up there, period.

And Rainbow sucked major big time
                    Which basically deflates anything else you have to say on the subject from here on out.

Last edited by bueno bob; 02-17-2007, 03:55 AM.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

Which basically deflates anything else you have to say on the subject from here on out.

You beat me to it bob...

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I'd say Ozzy was still pretty decent up to 2000 or so (maybe not on record, but as stage performer)

I saw him in '98 and he was still amaing...

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I'd say Ozzy was still pretty decent up to 2000 or so (maybe not on record, but as stage performer)

I saw him in '98 and he was still amaing...
                          For me, at least, every time I heard him post '93 or thereabouts his voice just sounded worse and worse each time out...forgetting lyrics, bumbling around, etc. Each year it seemed to get worse and I kept thinking, "Fuck, at least Dio still cuts the mustard"...

Studio wise, after Ozzy yanked all control from Bob Daisley and put the songs and lyrics into the hands of his writing team, it just went downhill...I thought "No More Tears" was right on par with Metallica's black album in the sellout department..."Ozzmosis" was a wee bit better, but "Down to Earth" was the biggest pukefest of the year...

Ozzy ended in '89 for me...I was hoping he'd do something really awesome with Black Sabbath in '98, but the two new songs weren't good at all - I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that a new Ozzy/Sabbath album will never happen...
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Record wise, definately down-hill from "No More Tears", although I fucking hate Ozzmosis and thought Down to Earth had some good moments, but I'm splitting hairs now...

On a different note, I can see why people think Metallica's Black album was a "sell out", but it's still a fantastic record, and a lot of metal bands would give their left nuts to come close to (many have been doing, ever since). It was definately a change of direction, and there's no doubt that they've always wanted to be successful and sell records (no crime in my book), but that record took a heavier form of metal into a lot of households: if it wasn't for that then a lot of subsequently really heavy bands would never have had the success that they have had.

Anyhow Bob, I'm glad we agree that Dio is the mutt's nuts. I only wish that he got the credit he deserved from the younger generation; not to take anything away from Ozzy's revivial, it is well deserved, but Dio-era Sabbs deserves a place in metal history that most modern metal mags and media do not give it...

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Anyhow Bob, I'm glad we agree that Dio is the mutt's nuts. I only wish that he got the credit he deserved from the younger generation; not to take anything away from Ozzy's revivial, it is well deserved, but Dio-era Sabbs deserves a place in metal history that most modern metal mags and media do not give it...
                              A FUCKING MEN BROTHER.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Oct 2004

ME! There's only one vocalist for BLACK FUCKIN SABBATH and thats Mr Ozzy Osbourne! And Rainbow sucked major big time
                                What???

Ozzy is a washed-up has been who has to piss in a bag and have his dogs an cats clear it up (as opposed to the vice-versa method seen on that pile of SHITE The Osbournes, which, by the way, effectively ruined his career). Although, admittedly, I quite liked "No More Tears" (so fookin' what? I like "Turbo" by Judas Priest as well. Excuse me for not having too many musical limits) and "No Rest For The Wicked", most of his solo output without Randy Rhoads has been quite poor.

Sabbath were a much more exciting band with Dio. Compare "Neon Knights" with "Black Sabbath".

And Dio can still sing too. Better than most young folk.
                                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...