• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by flappo
    yeah , that queen + paul rodgers album sucked donkey balls
    No shit. Could a band pick a more limp song to start a debut album with?

Mediocre album at best. And that's being generous....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• letsrock
      Veteran
      • Mar 2007

These are some funny ass posts in this thread.

Comment

• katie
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Poison - Flesh & Blood :0

Big group of us girlies used to dance to Unskinny Bop at 'Rock City' Nottingham back in the day.(oh dear)

Comment

• letsrock
          Veteran
          • Mar 2007

Whats sad about Poison is what a joke brett made of himself with his show on VH1.
          yes i watched it, but good god.

Comment

• katie
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
            Whats sad about Poison is what a joke brett made of himself with his show on VH1.
            yes i watched it, but good god.
            I agree, car crash tv.

You know you shouldn't look but you you do.

It was BAAAAD!

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

I think that these events will hamper possible events in there future.
              Not that they had a bunch of stuff lined up.
              But also it just got old with that cowboy hat and bandanna.

Plus brett and I are both type one diabetics to watch him throw so much caution to the wind with drinking and diet was incredible.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

If it hasnt already been posted, Metallica S&M.

I'd rather sit through a root canal job...
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• letsrock
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2007

metalllica Saint Anger.

Horrible.

Comment

• letsrock
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2007

Metallica anything after "and Justice for all"

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Fortunately due to the net I have been able to preview everything
                      since S&M...

You can understand how album sales are hurtin, I would have
                      bought all the latest releases from Ozzy, Priest etc and been
                      let down if not for the web.... I might dive on the Heaven
                      and Hell release, because I trust my fellow Rotharians judgement.....
                      Serioulsy, I think I have been dissapointed by the small number of
                      albums I have purchased over the last 10 years.

Now we have low bit-rate samples for free,
                      Fuckit, I get the idea...... and will purchase
                      if its good stuff...
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• letsrock
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2007

I have recently started buying CD's now. Even though some have been around for a num,ber of years. I just didnt want to throw money away again.

Comment

• davehagarfan
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2009

Motley Crue-Most everything

Danzig-Danzig III How The Gods Kill

Manson-I cun't believe I bought anything from this guy

The Eddie Van Halen Experience- III, BOBW

Sammy Hagar-Mas Tequila, Living It Up, Greatest Hits from The 70s

David Lee Roth-YFLM, Diamond Dave, CFTH, SWTD

Alice Cooper-Constrictor, Brutal Planet, Dragontown

Fasterpussy Cat-Everything

Jane's Addiction

Faith No More

Public Enemy-Musik and Our Message

Ozzy-Everything after 1988

Metallica-Metallica, Load, Garage Inc, St Anger

Comment

• davehagarfan
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                            All this hate for the "Diamond Dave" album.

I liked it for what it was.... appreciated Dave's take on most of the covers. Didn't really care for the spin on Hendrix's "If 6 was 9" all that much but otherwise.

It was only disappointing in the sense that Brian, James, Toshi, and Ray were a solid band, and I would have loved to hear an original album from that band. Thug Pop - the only original on the record - was good enough, but I suspect that was a leftover from the DLR Band sessions, as John Lowery was credited as a writer.

As for the two "bonus tracks" tacked on to the end, it was good to hear a decent copy of Bad Habits, but the Vegas version of Ice Cream Man never did much for me.
                            I don't really have hate for Diamond Dave. I just think it's boring and subpar for Dave. I found SWTD to be far more interesting and that was pretty bad. DLR Band was the first Roth album I really loved since EEAS. Skyscraper is solid but it's not really Dave in my opinion. ALAE was ok but not mind blowing. DLR Band was mind blowing even if it's sales didn't reflect that.

I've always wanted to hear and see Dave front a 20 piece jazz orchestra but with much more of a Cab Calloway vibe then what he did previously with the Mambo Slammers or like how Rod Stewart comes off all white bread sounding like Manilow. Dave could have really rocked that shit back in the mid 90s long before the Cherry Poppin Daddies and all that. He could have hooked up with Setzer too. Doing BBB, ICM, I'm Easy, Mack The Knife, Gigalo, Cali Girls, Could This Be Magic, Big Ten Inch Record. I kept hoping Dave would do something like that. Similar to how Setzer did it but he never did. Dave's Vegas act would have brought the house down had he done that.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

look! it's GHF!!

Diamond Dave is what it is. Some people still don't seem to get that Dave got tired of chasing ghosts sometime after the DLR Band album. He always has loved to compete, and that's what DLR Band was all about. That's what the Sam and Dave tour was about.

But, as this shit carried on and Eddie Van Heineken was off the reservation, it just became a matter of Dave competing with himself; competing with his own old band. I think Dave finally figured out that it wasn't worth it anymore. If he's going to make new "Van Halen style" music, he's going to do it with Van Halen. With Diamond Dave, he just didn't want to make that solo album again. He certainly had the time and the band to do it with, but his heart wasn't there.

Diamond Dave was really an extension of CFTH. It's what Dave's solo career should have always been, just filling in the gaps between VH albums, not competing. But the egos in 85 were too big to handle that idea.
                              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

not to say that Dave wasn't still very much carrying the VH torch with his live show from 99-05. I think he saw that as both an obligation to uphold the legacy and as his way of constantly auditioning for the one gig that mattered.

I just think as he looked at the cavalcade of talent that had come and gone thru his solo career, with increasingly diminished returns, he knew that whatever he did solo just could never measure up
                                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...