X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
    Ozzy signed away his rights in a contract in 1980.

Case closed.
    So Ozzy now wants all original Sabbath members to share the royalties equally, yet Ozzy is suing for 50%? Hmmmm...suing for 50% in hopes that eventually all the members will share equally...

Not that it picks my pocket one way or the other, but I hope Ozzy and his wife get nothing from the action. That's exactly what they deserve.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I just saw a Samsung mobile phone commercial with Ozzy playing his typical addled brainfart act.

I think it's not an act. Let's see him act normally in a deposition..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        I just saw a Samsung mobile phone commercial..
        At the bus station?
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

As far as I'm concerned, Ozzy's signing was never better than on Vol. 4. In fact Sabbath as a whole never made a better album.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Believe it or not, I think Vol. 4 is actually a bit too diverse for my own tastes...as far as the "classic six" (Black Sabbath-Sabotage), it's probably my least favorite. For me, the top six Ozzy/Sabbath albums in order are Sabotage, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Black Sabbath and Vol. 4 in that order...
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

You know, I have to give credit where credit's due...this has been the most exciting Black Sabbath thread for about as long as I can remember. Unfortunate that such shitty circumstances brought it about.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• katie
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                Believe it or not, I think Vol. 4 is actually a bit too diverse for my own tastes...as far as the "classic six" (Black Sabbath-Sabotage), it's probably my least favorite. For me, the top six Ozzy/Sabbath albums in order are Sabotage, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Black Sabbath and Vol. 4 in that order...
                VOL 4 was the first Sab LP I heard (LP remember them)
                I love it awesome songs Wheels of Confusion, Supernaut,Tomorrows Dream....

In order I would say -

Sabotage
                Vol 4
                Master of Reality
                Sabbath bloody Sabbath
                Paranoid
                Black Sabbath
                Technical Ecstasy
                Never Say Die

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I love Vol 4 but everytime I listen to it I slip into a real dark depression... kinda weird.

I'd rate Sabotoge as the best Ozzy era disc with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as #2... that being said they are all 5 star discs... well, TE & NSD might be 4.5 stars.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Hows this new fucking Rockschool with "Sharon" teaching
                    Bert Michaels rejects how to keep their tits inside a shirt
                    while eating....

FUCK SHE PISSES ME OFF !!!

Spiral Architect takes me to a nice place.... Fuck it....
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Never say die is pretty upskirtlifting!

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

They should appoint a neutral legal team, not the Sharon Arden
                        beaks to resolve this one.. It must twist her bunghole constantly
                        not having "control" over the Sabs naming rights....

I would say "Fuck her" but I wouldnt hit it with Binnies Yogurt
                        pumper..... Maybe Binnie draws the line here ???
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          Never say die is pretty upskirtlifting!
                          Whilst in that mode, Backstreet Kids sounds most excellent at 11 !!!
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Amazingly enough, I actually prefer Never Say Die over Technical Ecstasy...I guess I'm the odd duck on that one, most people hate Never Say Die with a passion and will find ways to defend Technical Ecstasy.

Of the first six, though, Katie's definitely right, they're all 5 star albums, for sure...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by katie
                              Ozzy signed away his rights in a contract in 1980.

Case closed.
                              Not exactly, a few more facts are coming out.

This is from another source:

"Anyway, my Music Contracts teacher is a bigtime lawyer in the music business and also happens to be a good friend of Ozzy and Sharon (I was disappointed in him as well), so I asked him about the case and whether or not Ozzy has a chance of winning it, and basically, even though Ozzy signed away his rights, he still has a real good case here, and the reason is totally fucked up.

Apperantly, even though Ozzy didn't have the rights, Tony has been giving him a good portion of the profits from the merchandise for many, many years, thus creating an implied contract that may legally override the written contract that was drawn up back in '80. Recently, however, Tony made a new deal of some sort and Ozzy is not seeing profits from it this time. So Ozzy has been profiting for many years on what was not his, and because he can prove that he has become accustomed to that income, he is legally entitled to keep getting it."

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                Listen how good Ozzy sings here...

Jake is really good too...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVKank3iUJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVKank3iUJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not to go semi off topic.....

But where is Shesh at? Usually he will chime in with the Jake love as well in.

He actually made me see that Jake was a killer player that I underrated for years because he wasn't Randy.

There are a few better dvd/videos that you can get of Jake with Ozzy. The best are Salt Lake City 84, Tokyo 84 & Kansas City 86.

Comment

Working...