X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    Of the first six, though, Katie's definitely right, they're all 5 star albums, for sure...
    Thanks alot... lol

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      Thanks alot... lol
      Oh whatever. I'm half stoned anyway, lmao! I'm lucky I got the five star part right...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
        Not exactly, a few more facts are coming out.

This is from another source:

"Anyway, my Music Contracts teacher is a bigtime lawyer in the music business and also happens to be a good friend of Ozzy and Sharon (I was disappointed in him as well), so I asked him about the case and whether or not Ozzy has a chance of winning it, and basically, even though Ozzy signed away his rights, he still has a real good case here, and the reason is totally fucked up.

Apperantly, even though Ozzy didn't have the rights, Tony has been giving him a good portion of the profits from the merchandise for many, many years, thus creating an implied contract that may legally override the written contract that was drawn up back in '80. Recently, however, Tony made a new deal of some sort and Ozzy is not seeing profits from it this time. So Ozzy has been profiting for many years on what was not his, and because he can prove that he has become accustomed to that income, he is legally entitled to keep getting it."
        That's going to be SUCH a load of shit if they win based on those circumstances. Seriously, Sharon and Ozzy need to find their way underneath the wheels of the nearest bus ASAP...

Fuck...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          Of the first six, though, Katie's definitely right, they're all 5 star albums, for sure...
          That "first six" rule seems to work with a lot of bands.

Sabbath. Ac/Dc. Van Halen. Led Zeppelin. Probably others, but my brain isn't fully caffeinated yet.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• katie
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            They should appoint a neutral legal team, not the Sharon Arden
            It was under Sharon's watch that Ozzy signed his rights away.

Remember she was looking after Ozzy at this point and her father Don was looking after Sabbath.

Sabbath had aproached him as he also looked after ELO who were friends of Sabbath as well.

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              That "first six" rule seems to work with a lot of bands.

Sabbath. Ac/Dc. Van Halen. Led Zeppelin. Probably others, but my brain isn't fully caffeinated yet.
              The Doors...

I think it would be interesting to put up a thread who made it properly past the first six...like Queen...
              Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                The Doors...

I think it would be interesting to put up a thread who made it properly past the first six...like Queen...
                Yeah, Queen managed 8 albums before they started going downhill.

The "Crown Jewels" box set was very aptly named.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

The "Crown Jewels" box set was very aptly named.
                  I love early Queen, to me their best work was with Roy Thomas Baker.

Outstanding arrangements and harmonies.

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I can't answer that objectively, due to Queen being a major part of my childhood's soundtrack...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                      Not exactly, a few more facts are coming out.

This is from another source:

"Anyway, my Music Contracts teacher is a bigtime lawyer in the music business and also happens to be a good friend of Ozzy and Sharon (I was disappointed in him as well), so I asked him about the case and whether or not Ozzy has a chance of winning it, and basically, even though Ozzy signed away his rights, he still has a real good case here, and the reason is totally fucked up.

Apperantly, even though Ozzy didn't have the rights, Tony has been giving him a good portion of the profits from the merchandise for many, many years, thus creating an implied contract that may legally override the written contract that was drawn up back in '80. Recently, however, Tony made a new deal of some sort and Ozzy is not seeing profits from it this time. So Ozzy has been profiting for many years on what was not his, and because he can prove that he has become accustomed to that income, he is legally entitled to keep getting it."
                      Would surmise Tony had been giving Ozzy profits of the merchandising he wasn't legally obligated to in order to keep the peace...so now the reasoning is that...oh, fuck it.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        Would surmise Tony had been giving Ozzy profits of the merchandising he wasn't legally obligated to in order to keep the peace...so now the reasoning is that...oh, fuck it.
                        That's the way I read it but,

He gave Ozzy some profits as he was using Sharon to manage/promote these sabbath tours via ozzfest ect.

As soon as Ozzfest ended he stopped payments.

Sounds about right to me.

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

sharon has turned into her father.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                            sharon has turned into her father.
                            Hopefully she has the same fate soon.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                              That's the way I read it but,

He gave Ozzy some profits as he was using Sharon to manage/promote these sabbath tours via ozzfest ect.

As soon as Ozzfest ended he stopped payments.

Sounds about right to me.

Which would make sense, that Iommi would be giving Ozzy some merchandising profits when Sabbath were playing the Ozzfests, or when Sabbath reunited with Ozzy and played in the U.K.; even if he wasn't required to, that would be only fair, as Ozzy was playing with Sabbath during those events.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Another great Ozzy performance!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lboS7psz-qc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lboS7psz-qc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...