God damn! Now I know why =VH= was kicking sabbath's ass during the 1978 tour.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Well, not to argue, but I have seen film clips of him doing Porky Pig AND Daffy Duck.....LIVE.

But you are right. No use arguing about it. He was an amazing guy.

Serously, you should get that book.

Now what the fuck does this all have to do with how VH kicked BS's ass every night in 1978? :tongue0011:

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
    Oh please. Use your ears. I don't wanna take anything away from the man, absolutely noone was able to match him yet, and it's not a likely thing to occur.

But like I said, Daffy's voice really had to be wizarded to be as loud, strong and high as is in the cartoons. Porky Pig's had to be "lifted up" a bit too, though not as quite as Daffy's.

But really, he deserves all the praise he gets, even after his death, he is still the best by far. By far, far, far...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Well, not to argue, but I have seen film clips of him doing Porky Pig AND Daffy Duck.....LIVE.

But you are right. No use arguing about it. He was an amazing guy.

Serously, you should get that book.

Now what the fuck does this all have to do with how VH kicked BS's ass every night in 1978? :tongue0011:
      Blanc was a regular on the old Jack Benny shows and did voices live. A lot of them similar to voices he did in cartoons. He often did one that sounded a lot like Barney Rubble.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

One of the stories in his book was how one day Jack came up to him with the script, and when he read it, he found he was being asked to imitate an old jalopy.

He did it, and it went over really well.

His son can do the voices as well. Heredity and all that. He was in some kind of American Express or Visa commercials back in the 80s-90s.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

One of the stories in his book was how one day Jack came up to him with the script, and when he read it, he found he was being asked to imitate an old jalopy.

He did it, and it went over really well.

His son can do the voices as well. Heredity and all that. He was in some kind of American Express or Visa commercials back in the 80s-90s.
          That's right. He was the "voice" of Jack's old Maxwell, as well as pretty much everything else on the show, including the polar bear that guarded Jack's basement vault.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            "Effects" are not the same thing as the "studio wizardry" you're dreaming up in your weak little mind...
            man I've heard some moronic arguments out of you, but this takes the cake.

I believe this started by saying Ozzy's vocals were shit live and he had some help in the studio in the early 80s.

WHAT DO YOU THINK MULTI-TRACKING IS MORON? Can you use multitrack live? No, you use it in the studio. What do you think compression is? Did they invent compression in the 2000s?

I understand you are referring to the distasteful crutch of protools and autotune these days, but geeze you are cutting hairs and sounding like a complete asshole.

And honestly, to say you studied ozzy's first two albums for 30 years like they are some sort of sacred text is laughable.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ODShowtime

And honestly, to say you studied ozzy's first two albums for 30 years like they are some sort of sacred text is laughable.
              What do you mean? They're not?
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I could think of, oh, at least 10,000 guitarists who would say they are.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                  man I've heard some moronic arguments out of you, but this takes the cake.

So, you're cakeless now ??

I understand you are referring to the distasteful crutch of protools and autotune these days, but geeze you are cutting hairs and sounding like a complete asshole.

Wouldn't be the first time. But this douchebag couldn't give the slightest example of what he was going on about, so I was being deliberatley evasive. Big deal, this place is slow and your butt buddy was easy fodder...

They are, in the Halls of Metal!

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I could think of, oh, at least 10,000 guitarists who would say they are.
                    Ask 'em why, and I'll bet they won't say "because of Ozzy's vocals"...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Coyote
                      Without Ozzy, nobody would have heard Randy...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Ozzy's first record is defininately sacred and i would say his second one as well. Ozzy's vocals have every bit as much to do with that as Randy's guitar. Both contributed to creating lighting in a bottle. Maybe Randy would have been heard had he been around for Metal Health and he had agreed with doing the Slade cover.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

uhh hu uh uh uh uh uhu hu hu hu uh uh uh

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Coyote
                            Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Without Ozzy, nobody would have heard Randy...
                            True on both counts!

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                              I have a question, is the phrase "Rock n Roll Doctor" a slang term for drug dealer?
                              hahahahaaha... DUH

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                hahahahaaha... DUH
                                "Rock created drugs! What are they talking about?" - Sam Kinison

Comment

Working...