X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    I have always found Mr. Rhoads and his music to be utterly quite boring.
    No one cares.

Still can't find gainful employment outside of whoring and restringing?

This attempt of yours at music journalism is a FAIL
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Look! F A T boy made a retort.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yes, but we've already determined you have a tin ear. And a "The Ho" AV.

I have always found Mr. Rhoads and his music to be utterly quite boring.
        Shocker.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          Shocker.
          She charges extra for that.

Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            She charges extra for that.

Good point.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              Shocker.
              I know! I mean a dead fuckwit guitar player who hung around with a F A T monotonous singing limey asshole whose fan base was largely a bunch of F A T stoners and traielr trash welfare recipients. Now his rotting corpse is only remembered by failed musicians on homoerotic worship message boards. Yeah, for the life of me, why wouldn't I like that?

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Sad..............

They've never done RR justice.................

His influence is all over modern Metal...his impact was imediate..............

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                  his impact was imediate..............
                  It most certainly was.

ERRRRRNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....SPLAT!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

It most certainly was.

ERRRRRNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....SPLAT!
                    UH uHUhuHu huhuhu HUHU uHUuh uhh HUhuuhuhuh.....more like BOOM!!

The Brightest stars burn the fastest..............HEY!!!

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Yeah, who knew Mr. Rhoads was such a fan of Buddy Holly and Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

CLASSIC

Comment

• tojoro
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Dec 2009

...and like a bad penny, I turn up...

Howdy, kids...hope you all have been well, (hey Chef!), I was actually planning on posting something concerning both of the books that have been released on Randy recently. Thanks for sharing this, Hardrock, I saw this on ultimaterhoads last night.
                          Here's my take on all of this, which I posted at ur & rrtk:

Wow...how sad this has become. Weird how the book was released in August, with a good deal of fanfare, yet the family find out about it only recently?
                          If I remember correctly, way back in '07 when this was first put into motion, the family supposedly had background checks done on Margolis & Co., contracts were drawn up, a lot had to be done prior to one frame being filmed.
                          It was the Rhoads' who gave the green light and said "You're the guy."
                          Now, of course, all of that has changed. Maybe they're pissed or embarrased, as the only group of people to honor the guy on the 30th anniversary of his passing were the "villians" of this tragic tale. Not the Osbournes, not the Rhoads.
                          How long before they go after Ron Sobol as well? Not that I want them to, but after all, we learned from Ron's material that Randy wasn't the most faithful guy with the ladies in his life, he left QR in the dust with little notice, and for a guy who didn't drink alcohol, (Dee's words), there sure were an awful lot of pictures in Ron's book of Randy with what appeard to be, adult beverages...maybe he was holding them for Kelly?
                          Someone finally painted Randy as a normal human...kudos, Ron!
                          I have no problem with either project, nor the people who brought them to us.
                          This is going to sound odd, but it seems the family is only interested in releasing items that are available to a very small group of fans, (items with a very large price tag). Aside from the wine, ('nuff said about that!), can anyone name one item that has been available to the general public, that costs under $100 US?
                          We were always led to believe that the estate allowed nothing other than guitar magazine articles, as they did not want to appear to be making money off the name of their late son/brother...it no longer appears that way.
                          I still think of Kelle at NAMM when the relic was unveiled, something along the lines of some kid picking up that guitar someday...what? a kid from a gated community or something?
                          It also appears the D'Argenzio's will regularly have Randy releated events at their winery come each 12/6 & 3/19.
                          I do feel badly for the family, as it is painfully obvious that they're still grieving...I understand that only recently, Randy's car was finally removed from the driveway...his bedroom reamains a time capsule from '82...things like this lead me to believe that maybe the family aren't the best choice to represent Randy's estate. I don't know who, certainly not Sharon. What anyone had to say in the Dakota film concerning the Ozzy era would clash with the revisionist history of the 30 Years After the Blizzard doc.
                          IMO, that is the heart of the problem with the doc: Nov/79-Mar/82.
                          It's funny how the doc has been shelved due to "abysmal editing", considering the editing on Ron's doc looks pretty spiffy!
                          Peter, Dakota and the family had a falling out. Seeing how Peter was using his own money, as well as his own time to make this happen for Randy's legacy, I saw the book as a way of trying to recoup some of what he lost, and like most, I fully expected to find some of what would have been in the doc, included in the book.
                          I still believe some of this has to do with Kelle expecting his music to be used as the doc's score. This theory could be what Kevin was getting at, when he chose to exclude himself from the project.
                          Sarzo's participation nonwithstanding, of course!
                          Just my opinion, aside from that, I am very glad I did not hesitate ordering either book
                          ~T.

Moving on, the book at the center of this litigation is simply top fucking notch! All-around great job...some balked at the price, but those who ordered it came back to state that the price becomes a non-issue, once the pages start turning.
                          I got Ron Sobol's book just before Christmas. For those who aren't aware, Ron was QR's photog back in the club days, he helped Peter & Dakota way back when, with his own stories, memoribilia, and an astounding amount of the band, whether it be live, promo or candid. The book also comes with a DVD, which is a 90 minute doc, completely different from the shelved film, that's really a film vewrsion in the book. One of the bonuses on the disc is Randy teaching Peter some Eddie riffs at Musonia, before he joined Ozzy.
                          I know there's disdain for the Randy era of Quiet Riot, both in image and recorded output, (myself included!), but I found it well worth it. I'll go in depth about Ron's book once someone merges all this Rhoads-related nonsense.
                          Link:http://www.redmatchproductions.com/

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
                            Howdy, kids...hope you all have been well, (hey Chef!), I was actually planning on posting something concerning both of the books that have been released on Randy recently. Thanks for sharing this, Hardrock, I saw this on ultimaterhoads last night.
                            Here's my take on all of this, which I posted at ur & rrtk...
                            Great to hear from you, brother-man. I guess the period between the last week of November on through around January 7th can knock many of us to our knees. It certainly does for me each and every year. It's always terrific to read your take on the subject, and it's wonderful to see ya back.

Be well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Indeed great to hear from you Tojoro! Kevin was kind of evasive when I asked him about refusing to be involved; part of it was Rudy's involvement, but he also mentioned "too many ulterior motives". I know he was planning to write a memoir when he died. Sad that didn't get done before his passing.

Randy was no angel, that's for sure - but nothing I've ever heard off the record would tarnish his legacy IMO. Alleged cheating on GFs not withstanding, everything else just makes him that much cooler in my book... and supposedly personality and humor-wise, he would have fit in perfectly with us weirdos here...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• tojoro
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2009

Gosh, I didn't know you guys cared...(sniff)
                                I never bought into the whole 'Randy was an angel' thing. He was a kid in SoCal during the 70s. As Kevin and Ron were buddies prior to Kev joining QR, this book has some interesting insight from someone who was part of that circle of friends and knew the both of them before they were famous.
                                Sad to read how Sharon basically shut out Randy's peeps when they played the hometown gig 6/27/81. Randy had to ask Sharon for a photo pass for Ron, and he was only allowed to shoot during three songs. There was a huge party after the gig at the Arden's mansion. But, those who Randy invited weren't allowed in. I think once Daisley and Kerslake were let go, everyone in Ozzy's band were considered hired hands, and that included Randy, which explains his wanting to get the fuck out of his contract.

Comment

Working...