Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Anyone heard any news on the Quiet Riot documentary film that Rudy is putting together? I was wondering if that was going to cover Randy in any way or if it was going to solely focus on them after Randy left.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Either way, it sounds like a yawn fest...

Quiet Riot sucked with or without Randy...

Comment

• tojoro
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2009

Rudy is doing one now, too? Frankie was/is in the process of making one, but I believe it's Metal Health-era and forward. He was smart enough to recognize that the Rhoads name equals red tape.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by tojoro
          Rudy is doing one now, too? Frankie was/is in the process of making one, but I believe it's Metal Health-era and forward. He was smart enough to recognize that the Rhoads name equals red tape.
          You're right. It was Frankie. Not sure why i said Rudy - i must have had a lapse there.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Kristy
            I have always found Mr. Rhoads and his music to be utterly quite boring.
            Even on 'Blizzard of Ozz'?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

I have always found Mr. Rhoads and his music to be utterly quite boring.

Your move, dyke.
              Last edited by fraroc; 01-10-2013, 04:41 PM.
              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Thanks to whoever for merging this into the correct thread!

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc

Your move, dyke.
                  Funny, I was thinking of bands with silly names the other day, and they came up - along with Butt-Trumpet.

I was just checking Rhoads autograph auctions on Ebay... still a bunch of fakes up, one going for 7 grand (that looks NOTHING like mine, and yes, I know because I watched him sign my Diary program - doesn't even look like the same person's writing; oddly the Ozzy sig looks legit)... I'll never sell it, but nice to know the one I have (safely tucked away in an undisclosed location) could be worth 4 if not 5 figures... I guess.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

I know! I mean a dead fuckwit guitar player who hung around with a F A T monotonous singing limey asshole whose fan base was largely a bunch of F A T stoners and traielr trash welfare recipients. Now his rotting corpse is only remembered by failed musicians on homoerotic worship message boards. Yeah, for the life of me, why wouldn't I like that?
                    I'm not usually one to be mean to people, but there is NO fucking way that I can respect someone that speaks this way about such an influential SUCSESSFUL musician.

Krusty, I honestly hope you fucking get raped up the ass, you fucking dyke-ass cunt.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Yeah that was pretty shitty, even for her/him/it.

RIP, Randy.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

It's borderline blasphemous. The dude was a genius.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                          Randy was a genius....no denying that. I think he did have an incredible front man.....his name was Ozzy friggin Osbourne. No offense to anyone here but Randy's playing on Quiet riot wasn't exactly mind blowing. I think Ozzy pulled some of that out of him. Randy was going to leave Ozzy anyway.....and probably would have drifted off into that weird part of the universe that some guitarists go to (Steve Vai) that only other guitarists really get hard over. In other words, songs without words, boring 8 minute guitar concertos. The dude was a complete virtuoso but I never felt that Ozzy held him back....what the fuck do I know....it's not like I was in the band....just think if Randy never played with Ozzy, maybe we never know how great he was.
                          You make a few good points, but in the L.A. scene back then he probably would have poped up in another band like say Ratt or Dokken. Or whatever, and got noticed somewhere along the line. They all knew each other from the clubs. He would have tried out for another band just like he did for the Ozzy gig when he realized that Q.R. wasn't going anywhere in America. At the time anyway. Hell I'm sure that's why he did go try out for Ozzy. I agree that the Q.R. material is very subpar, and Ozzy got the best out of him. The guy was amazing. Just like Eddie or Hendrix. For me when i think of the talent they had it's the young age in which they had it that blows me away ! The dedication they had to the guitar. I put him up there with both those guys. His playing still knocks my head off.
                          Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                            I'm not usually one to be mean to people, but there is NO fucking way that I can respect someone that speaks this way about such an influential SUCSESSFUL musician.

Krusty, I honestly hope you fucking get raped up the ass, you fucking dyke-ass cunt.
                            Fuck that stupid cunt. Who gives a shit what she say's. It's all for attention. Nobody else in her life gives it to her. She needs to cum here for it. Kind of fucking sad really.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

It always felt to me that Randy Rhoads was just getting started in terms of his playing...like, what he did on the two Ozzy albums was brilliant, but I can never quite get onboard with people who assert that he was one of the "best rock guitarists of all time" or something along those lines. He had a great deal of talent and potential, but the thing that strikes me about those Ozzy albums now is that it feels like Rhoads was actually wasting his abilities with Ozzy. Like, even as great as those songs were, it feels like Randy had to dumb down a bit in order to accomodate himself to that style and Ozzy's limitations as a singer. Does that make sense to anyone else?
                              It wouldn't be a shock to find out that Randy did coke, smoked pot, drank and fooled around/cheated on his girlfriends. Because he died young, the mythmaking machine takes over. I mean, perhaps his mother had no clue what Randy was doing when he was playing on the Strip and touring with Ozzy in terms of offstage activities...if that is the case, she's certainly not gonna want to authorize a documentary or book that goes into explicit details about such things.
                              It's a shame because in the case of Rhoads there's not a helluva a lot out there beyond the Ozzy recordings. I do get the sense that Rhoads would have went onto other things, guitar-wise. Perhaps not as commerically successful as his gig with Ozzy, but he did impress me as someone who loved the instrument, as opposed to more than a few rock musicians of the 1980s who came across as playing their instruments as purely a vehicle for getting a video on MTV. Nothing wrong with that, but one can always tell the difference.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

It would be like asking Mike Stern to play ONLY like Angus Young in an AC/DC tribute band....

Comment

Working...