Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atomicpunk5151
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2004

Time to bump this back up. The Maiden Tour starts in a couple of days in Dallas TX. June 9th is almost here.

Starting to wonder about the set list. They are supposed to play 1 new song. Then mix up the rest. Some rumors that they could play a few off the 90s/00s.

I would really like to see Phantom of the Opera or maybe Sanctuary. Also maybe Stranger in a Strangeland.

If they did a Blaze song I could see them doing The Clansman.

Probably the rest will be greatest hits.

+++++++

According to the new entry on Maiden's official website about ticket sales for Maiden's U.K. Sonisphere Festival appearance, there'll be a VERY IMPRESSIVE EDDIE, ONE BRAND NEW SONG and will cover ALL OF THEIR CAREER.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Guess I'd better start looking at my tickets for Washington...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

A countdown has been launched on IRON MAIDEN's official web site to a mystery announcement that will be made on Monday, June 7 at 7 p.m. EST / 4 p.m. PST.

IRON MAIDEN will kick off a North American tour with very special guests DREAM THEATER in Dallas, Texas, on June 9 and finish in Washington D.C. on July 20, making it MAIDEN's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada, "The Final Frontier World Tour" will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011.

IRON MAIDEN will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, June 7 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with IRON MAIDEN by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625).

Hmmmmmmmmmm......................
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Hmm....now this could be interesting.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            A countdown has been launched on IRON MAIDEN's official web site to a mystery announcement that will be made on Monday, June 7 at 7 p.m. EST / 4 p.m. PST.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......................
            ONLY 55 minutes to go on the countdown

Several fans are speculating it will be the new "Single".

They are rumored to be playing 1 new song on opening night (WEDNESDAY June 9th)

Comment

• SparkieD
              Veteran
              • Sep 2006

Yep, and it fucking ROCKS!!! \,,/ \,,/
              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
              Originally posted by rustoffa
              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Download the new track "Eldorado" here:

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Not an outstanding track, but Bruce's vocals are outstanding! He is one of those guys who, unlike Halford, does not have to compete with his younger self.

I mean Christ, the last tour they did he sounded better than ever.

Last time I saw them live was in 2000 in St. Louis, and he blew my mind.

No wonder these guys are still top of the heap after 30 fucking years.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Not an outstanding track, but Bruce's vocals are outstanding! He is one of those guys who, unlike Halford, does not have to compete with his younger self.

I mean Christ, the last tour they did he sounded better than ever.

Last time I saw them live was in 2000 in St. Louis, and he blew my mind.

No wonder these guys are still top of the heap after 30 fucking years.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I'm kinda trying to decide if I like it or not. It seems kinda like they were reaching into the bag for a little bit of the old sound while hanging onto the 1995-current sound also...it's lively, and that makes me happy. But at the same time, I'm almost kinda thinking something's missing...but I can't say what...

Bruce sounds wonderful for sure...at times, this sounds a bit like Heart's "Barracuda"...the album has a lot of "over 8 minute" songs by the look of the track list, and that's rather disappointing...

Think I'll need more time and more listens to make up my mind about it, but the first impression is kind of a mixed bag from me.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

More of the standard Maiden "gallop".

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Decent song, but it certainly was no "Up for Breakfast", that's for sure....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

Hmmm...I love the tune and think the weakest part of it is Bruce's lack of enthusiasm. He sounds excellent on the chorus, but bored as hell the rest of the time.

Tapping into their old sound while keeping close to their current one isn't something new. AMoLaD has plenty of that. It's one of the things that makes it such a killer album.
                            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                            Originally posted by rustoffa
                            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

Good song so far. Standard Bass gallop. I do like the Chorus, I can see that going over well LIVE pretty easily. Bruce still sounds good. Not a classic, but good for 2010.

Solos go Adrian, Dave, Janick. Pretty cool.

Some of the Riffs almost have a classic Priest feel to them. Also you do hear a bit of Heart when Steve comes out front with the bass in a few parts.

I "LOLed" at the Metallica Hit the Lights INTRO. Also pretty funny with the "Live Big Rock Ending" to close it out.

Enough to get me excited about the new tour.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Odd melodies from Bruce, but they'll grow on me - and thank Christ it's not about war!

The old style gallop is a relief, and I have to agree that is consciously evokes the '80s sound in places, although it's no self parody. I don't think its a patch on anything on AMOLAD, but it's still very good - the biggest problem is the same as its been on all of Maiden's post reunion records, in that someone needs to hit the 'edit' button. Why do they write such long intros?

Still, its promising.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...