• Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

IF they do.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

Looks like another new song will be getting release on July 13th on ironmaiden.com (VIDEO for "Final Frontier")

check out the tease video from IM

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Iron Maiden were so much better wich Paul Di'anno
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Iron Maiden were so much better wich Paul Di'anno
          I know it is "Cool" for all the kids to say this now, but I don't think so IMO.

I love the first Iron Maiden ALBUM (I am old enough to remember). Phantom, Remember Tomrw, Sanctuary, Runnin Free, ect. Great stuff.

BUT they just took it to the next level with Beast, PoM, Powerslave, Sit & 7th. Golden Era with Bruce.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
            I know it is "Cool" for all the kids to say this now, but I don't think so IMO.

I love the first Iron Maiden ALBUM (I am old enough to remember). Phantom, Remember Tomrw, Sanctuary, Runnin Free, ect. Great stuff.

BUT they just took it to the next level with Beast, PoM, Powerslave, Sit & 7th. Golden Era with Bruce.
            All depends what you want outa the music.I agree bruce took things to the next level, but me, i liked the gritty raw energy paul brought. they sounded like a bunch of regular guys if you get what im saying. when bruce came in everything was very polished sound wise
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

All depends what you want outa the music.I agree bruce took things to the next level, but me, i liked the gritty raw energy paul brought. they sounded like a bunch of regular guys if you get what im saying. when bruce came in everything was very polished sound wise
              Good point.

Really Steve was the one taking it (the music) in a different direction. Bruce's range just let him go more places.

I also think that both Adrian & Dave both got better as guitarists as well.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Yeah, but the only reason you know those albums is because of Bruce.

You think they'd've lasted long with that sound? Don't get me wrong, I too love the albums, Killers is a Killer album, but they're horribly dated.

If it wasn't for albums like The Number of the Beast or Powerslave, those albums with Paul & the band itself would've been long forgotten.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

Maiden with Paul was a completely different animal to Maiden with Bruce. With Paul they had a punkier edge to them; but after Killers the time was right for a change. That sound and Paul had gone as far as they could go, also to be fare to Paul even he himslef admits that Maiden with Bruce were a better band.

Beast is a superior album to Killers in every way - Bruce gave the band (and the writers) much more scope, and then there's H who was asserting himself more as a guitarist. The only thing I wonder with Maiden is what if Clive had held it together? Personally I've always favoured his drumming over Nicko's.

Still think Jan needs to go though - nice guy, but he's just a spare wheel.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Unfortunately, doesn't look like I'm going up to Bristow on the 20th...

I'll catch them next time for sure....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I really don;t think that the records with Paul have aged well - I can understand that they must have been revelationary at the time, but to my ears they don't sound that special anymore. They became more colourful, more dynamic with Bruce....
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2004

NEW video for the title track "Final Frontier" is up at www.ironmaiden.com

you can also see the video here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=105822368

HEAVY traffic so it might take a bit to load.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Errrrm, 'The Final Frontier' is remarkably mediocre.......
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Both DiAnno and Dickenson have their great cornball moments, I think Dickenson moreso than Paul.

However, Paul was less stable and couldnt take the band to the next level they've held for 30 years of XLNT metal.

The best songs straddle both singer's times however great they are, nothing's interested me in 20 years or more from 'em.

And a great band they are! I just wish they'd come up with new riffs and songs.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

Here is a review from New york last night. Sold out MSG.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

inn.. VAY dahs...

LOOTING

Comment

Working...