Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I understand he probably has the whole summer tour with Fake Skynyrd booked and everything, but to go on tour with a bleeding brain is just fucking insane, and any doctor who would sign off on such a thing is probably just as crazy. At least with the Apprentice, you could probably limp through the rest of that show with a brain injury. Except I suspect that was filmed months in advance and was already over before Brett got the brain bleed.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      I understand he probably has the whole summer tour with Fake Skynyrd booked and everything, but to go on tour with a bleeding brain is just fucking insane, and any doctor who would sign off on such a thing is probably just as crazy. At least with the Apprentice, you could probably limp through the rest of that show with a brain injury. Except I suspect that was filmed months in advance and was already over before Brett got the brain bleed.
      I don't watch the show, but I think it's all in the can except for a live show when they announce a winner... I'm thinking that Brett must have been in the running or possibly is the winner the way Trump has been running around and sucking his dick in the press.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Taint nothin but an exaggerated publicity stunt. Milk it Bert....
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
          So, his full recovery could be months away, yet he's going back on tour in less than a month? Is that a good idea to be going back to work so soon if he's not completely healthy, yet? Seems to me that's just asking for a relapse.
          Is it a good idea for Bref to go back to work at all?

He should just stay home & live a VERY quiet life from now on.

Ya hear, Bref? Get better & go home. And STAY THERE.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            Taint nothin but an exaggerated publicity stunt. Milk it Bert....
            Would anyone, even the man who penned 'Un-Skinny-Bop', stoop THAT low?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Blackflag
              Banned
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by binnie
              I forgot all about that song.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                I forgot all about that song.
                You should have been here in the not-so-deep South when that tune came out. It's main riff owed more than a passing resemblance to a lick in Lynyrd Skynyrd's "I Know A Little", and Skynyrd fans (still smarting from the untimely demise of the group and the failure of the Rossington-Collins Band) were up in arms that these lame posers had taken such a liberty.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  You can count on it...
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Susie Q
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

You know....to some level I am with Jimi on this one. I think his people are making it out to be more than it is to get the sympathy vote and his popularity up. While, I am sure he has health issues, I think they very well could be over exaggerated.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                    ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• SparkieD
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2006

Y'know, I've kept pretty quiet about this cuz I ain't one to kick a fish when he's down, but this guy is big on exaggerating EVERYTHING which is the main reason I can't stand him. Never mind the ridiculous persona and the God-awful shitty tunes. He just needs to get well and rest that over-inflated innertube he calls a mouth, preferably out of the spotlight he been whoring for all these years.
                      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible

His manager and publicist have been careful not to disclose the hospital or even the city where the singer is being treated. They cite security reasons for the secrecy.
                        NOT Cedars-Sinai. Oh no, not Cedars. Uh uh. He wouldn't be there. Nope! Nobody go lookin' there..

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

After seeing a couple minutes of "The Apprentice" the other night, I really think Brett needs to give up on his shitty music and do voice overs for radio commercials. He actually has a perfect voice for that.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                            Sniper
                            • Oct 2009

Heard Bret is recovering very well ATM. Anybody wanna confirm this?
                            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Northern Girl
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Press conference held today...

Bret Michaels press conference: Poison frontman walking and talking; expected to make full recovery

BY Nancy Dillon

DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 3:33 PM

Bret Michaels' medical team still doesn't know what caused the rocker's sudden brain bleed.

LOS ANGELES - Rocker Bret Michaels is very lucky man.

The Poison frontman who suffered a massive brain hemorrhage last month is walking and talking and expected to make a full recovery, his doctor said Tuesday.

He's even been released from the Barrow Neurological Institute, the Phoenix neurosurgery center that admitted him with "incapacitating" head and neck pain, lethargy, disorientation and slurred speech the morning of April 22.

"I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100% recovery," Dr. Joseph Zabramski, Barrow's chief of cerebrovascular surgery, told reporters. "He's just one of those lucky people, the 20% or so who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage who make a complete recovery and are able to resume all of their normal activities."

The doctor said multiple angiograms failed to turn up evidence of an aneurysm. His medical team still doesn't know what caused Michael's bleeding, he said.

"Patients who don't have anything identified in their angiograms tend to do well," Dr. Zabramski said. "This is one of those rare instances in medicine where we're actually pleased not to be able to find what caused the problem."

He said it will take another seven to 10 days for Michaels' body to dissolve the blood clot around his brain. It's a painful process called chemical meningitis that brings "severe" back pain and spasms, the doctor said.

"Earlier on he was feeling pretty good, and I think he thought he was going to be up and about sooner than he was," the doctor said. "(Then) this chemical meningitis thing takes over and he's really suffering again right now."

Because Michaels is a diabetic, doctors can't treat his new pain with steroids because they could send his glucose out of control.

"Right now he has severe back pain, and when he tries to walk he gets spasms in his back…and the headaches come back again," the doctor said.

Michaels is due for another major evaluation in two weeks, and Zabramski said he made the "Celebrity Apprentice" competitor promise he wouldn't offer any guarantees about his return to the concert circuit or Donald Trump's boardroom.

Zabramski refused to say where Michaels is now -- at a physical therapy center or back home.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...#ixzz0n0L866Ik
                                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Working...