X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
    It may not be directly related to his appendectomy, but I'm willing to bet that it had EVERYTHING to do with drugs prescribed after his appendectomy.

Hate the guy's music, but I'd hate to see him come to Hell under these circumstances.
    Am a bit surprised you'd want him in Hell under ANY circumstances, My Dark Lord of the Night...

Fuck, was half-looking forward to ending up down there someday to sit at the side of my unholy father, but if worthless tosspots like Brett Michaels are gonna be running around the place, maybe I'll have to look into this atheism thing more carefully.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
      Dude, I agree with everything you've said, but what the fuck?

No one here has, or will, - well, apart from the usual suspects, but everyone has come to expect that of them - wish death on Bref Michaels. We DO make fun of the guy & always will, but I don't think anyone in this thread has wished harm upon him.

Should we stop making fun of him because he's in critical condition? Should we eventually start to respect him after his death, may it be a VERY long time from now? That would make us hypocrites. Let's continue with the Bref bashing. May he live long. Hell, the longer he lives, the lower he'll stoop. That alone is good reason.

Let's poke fun at the guys in Cinderella too.

Cheers! :bottle:
      On a strictly human level, it is a shame that (in spite of everyone being born to die) Brett Michaels is suffering. The worst thing the guy has done is make shitty hair metal music. Hardly anything deserving of someone else wanting to see the guy in pain.

However, the fact that he is sick doesn't somehow elevate his...er...um..."lifetime artistic output" up to a higher plane or make it into something it previously wasn't. He may well be a nice enough guy, but even on the simple level of a 'rock star' the guy has always been little more than a lame Roth-wannabe poser. Wandering from one cheesy reality show to the next with his abysmal series of face lifts and those retarded bandanas on his head in an attempt to stay relevant. He's basically an insult to the best rock music has to offer, and while I wish him a complete and speedy recovery, I (like many others on this site) wouldn't for a moment lament him just going the fuck away and taking his lame, corporatized version of a "rock and roll bad boy" image with him.

Gaywads like Posion are what slowly killed off mainstream American hard rock.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Moving, merging, etc, etc.,etc....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I have a soft spot for Bret. That stupid Rock of Love show has given me hours of belly laughs at the ridiculousness of it all. Unabashadly staged with the biggest cast of fucked up women who make the Bachelorettes look like debutantes by comparison. Every season Bret walks off with some horrible skank - and next season he's back looking for another - guess the first one ran off with Vince Neil or something.

Get well soon Bret, And take the bandanna off for this one - it can't be helping the pressure in your brain.

Oh dear.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Ya know, not for nuthin' but........

I'm all for laughing and joking at people we despise's expense, but when it comes to the MORTALITY of someone, it can go too far in my opinion.

Especially when we're talking about a father, a musician, a human being. REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE THINK OF THEIR MUSIC.

Brett Michaels, Sammy Hagar, GW Bush, hell even ButtFag for that matter....I wouldnt wish death on any of them. Regardless of their sins against man or music.
            Well said.

Saw him(Poison) last year with Cheap Trick and Def Leppard. I actually thought he put on a good show....fuck it...I don't mind saying that. Get well, Bret!
            Last edited by BigBadBrian; 04-24-2010, 10:13 AM. Reason: revision/addition
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jero
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

And he fucked Pamela when she was smoking hot! That deservers some respect!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by deero
                Just heard Bret Michaels is in critical condition in an ICU with a subarachnoid hemorrhage.
                That's a bleed beween the first and second membranes that cover the brain. I know Dave wishes him well
                and so we all do too. Poison opened for Dave on his first solo trek and in retrospect it is easy to see the
                influences each had on the other. Get well Bret!
                Out of vague interest could you outline exactly how Michaels influenced Roth.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Considering the staggering amount of STDs he's received from the various sluts, gold diggers and clearly unbalanced nutcases on his Rock of Love show, I'm amazed the guy has lived this long.

No kidding. I'm suprised one of them hasn't cut his cock off yet let alone kill him.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

I'm not really a Poison fan, but when I saw them at a concert festival, they were not bad. Hope he's ok.
                    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Maybe it all stems from this "incident"....

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Update -- Posted by Janna on Sunday, April 25 2010

Everyone at Michaels Entertainment would like to thank all fans and friends for their continued thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition. He is under 24 hour doctors care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I'll be the first to laugh at Poison, but I wish Brett all the best.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

Well, I ain't gonna pretend to be a fan because I can't stand the guy. However, I do hope he recovers. It would be a shame for him to not be around to watch his children grow up.
                            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                            Originally posted by rustoffa
                            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              well, obviously one thing is.......
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                holy shit! the fucking m&ms! dave obviously found out about bret's diabetes in the seventies and knew that was way too much sugar for a rockstar. gotta be it, right?
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...