X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Asshole Rose singing "Happy trails" by VH!

Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Lucky it wasn't a girl or he would have taken her on...

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

Thank you SLASH

though the glory days of Guns N Roses are in the past for the most part, Slash was a part of something very special, much like the effect Van Halen had on the scene when they erupted. For him to say the new Van Halen is bad ass, means more than anything Eddie Trunk or other critics can say, and even Trunk head made sure to tweet in his typical kiss ass style that he agrees. Slash is a link to a generation whose first experience with Van Halen was the horrible Hagar creation, and this is someone those younger rock heads can respect and it is a big positive in spreading what a great band Van Halen was with Roth and still is. Thank you Slash, and unlike Axl Rose, he truly understands what a great LP should sound like and that is no Chinese Democracy. Slash will also perform in a rock festival event coming soon to Oklahoma..Chickenfoot is on the bill too, sweet...let Hagar feel the tension from his contemporaries as he continues to live in denial.
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I liked his solo album but I didn't like how he said 'pretty badass' rather than just plain 'badass'.

Guns N' Roses wouldn't have happened without Van Halen. Musically they may have been more 70s Aerosmith but Van Halen set up everything else for them.

Van Halen to all those bands are like Sabbath were to heavy metal and thrash.

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

I liked Guns And Roses back in the day just as much as the next guy... but now I find their music kind of dated and I never find myself wanting to listen to it, and now with a pending reunion... I could still give a rat's ass.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

The only GnR cd I find myself ever playing anymore is Lies. I love that one. I hope Steve keeps his shit together so there can be a true reunion one of these days. I love the feel he puts into the songs. Matt is a great drummer but he is too much like a drum machine to me. As alway this is just my opinion.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

I saw the real Guns at the L.A. Coliseum when they opened for The Stones. They did 4 nights, I saw the 2nd night. Living Colour opened up. I thought LC stole the show. Those dudes were bad ass live!

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                    He has his Adler's Appetite band going still I think. They played here last summer. He can still drum. Slash has played with him.
                    I saw them at The Knitting Factory in Boise last May. I thought they did a very good job, Although their big ass bass player bugs me for some reason I thought the whole band had a lot of cover band talent. Steve played just like the album and nailed it, I was actually impressed by him.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Slash is a good dude !! Love his playing. He love's Ed & never tried to rip him off. Hard to do for a 80's player !

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        Slash is a good dude !! Love his playing. He love's Ed & never tried to rip him off. Hard to do for a 80's player !
                        He also tweeted something about Dave's sexuality...

Yeah I recall him as a CVH fan but his fav album is Rocks or Toys in the Attic
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

I love the way Slash plays. Always has very tasty solos.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by SNIPER
                            I saw the real Guns at the L.A. Coliseum when they opened for The Stones. They did 4 nights, I saw the 2nd night. Living Colour opened up. I thought LC stole the show. Those dudes were bad ass live!
                            Saw them open for the Stones at Shea Stadium on that same tour and LC was bad ass.....underrated group.....and your dead on with Sorum VS. Adler....although I did see Sorum fill in for Mikkey Dee two years ago with Motorhead at the Roseland Ballroom and he was damn good....surprisingly good. I'm glad I was able to see the original GNR....saw them open for Aerosmith and Deep Purple at Giants stadium...(Paradise city video) They were pretty damn good....saw em again a few years later with Soundgarden and both bands were terrrible. Once Izzy left, the band was nothing. That dude wrote a ton of lyrics and obviously Axl was lost without him cuz they didn't make dick after Izzy left.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I know I might get slammed for saying this, but if we're talking Guns, I always thought L.A. Guns was underrated.....first two albums....especially the first were solid.....Man in the Moon was solid too. Tracii Guns can play. Love me some sleazy rock and roll.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Axl is bringing his shitty band over to the UK in May. Here's a recent review.

Guns N’ Roses stepped onto the Fillmore Silver Spring stage a few ticks after midnight Friday morning and didn’t pack it up until 3:04 a.m....

Guns N’ Roses, minus the heavy artillery, at Fillmore Silver Spring

By Chris Richards, Published: February 24

Guns N’ Roses stepped onto the Fillmore Silver Spring stage a few ticks after midnight Friday morning and didn’t pack it up until 3:04 a.m.

It wasn’t a rock concert. It was a hostage situation.

Where did these guys even find the gall to call themselves Guns N’ Roses? Led by the band’s only original member, frontman Axl Rose, this unfocused eight-man crew pranced and preened with the enthusiasm and talent of a tribute band. For three torturous hours, the guys sucked the life force from some of the most anthemic rock songs ever written — “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Paradise City” and “November Rain” among them.

To call it a train wreck wouldn’t be right. Train wrecks are fast and violent. This was like being stuck in gridlock traffic behind a garbage truck in August.

Since Guns N’ Roses’ beloved original lineup dissolved in the mid-’90s, Rose has become a master of this brand of show-biz sadism. In order to bask in his mediocrity, we must wait. Fans stuck around for 15 years as the man tinkered with “Chinese Democracy,” the 2008 opus that only proved how far he had fallen. Now, at age 50, Rose is touring with this version of Guns N’ Roses as the band prepares to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April.

Dreamers dreamed that this warm-up tour of relatively intimate club dates might include some of the band’s early members — guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Steven Adler — that fantastic collision of characters that made Guns N’ Roses so magnetic 25 years ago when its album “Appetite for Destruction” gave rock-and-roll its last massive injection of sex and danger.

Instead, Rose has surrounded himself with sloppy, unimaginative players who make him sound dated, safe and sexless. They had no command of pace or rhythm Friday. Drum fills were dashed off. Guitar leads were hurried. And anytime Rose left the stage for one of the dozens of breathers he took throughout the set, the band would wander off into instrumental dead zones, as if trying to discover the intersection of pathetic and insulting. (They found it during a three-minute guitar solo over the “Pink Panther” theme.)

Vocally, Rose sounded battered but not beaten. His indelible screeching — half bird of prey, half race car brake pad — was never expected to last for a lifetime, but his voice sounded stronger than it should.

And he made up for any botched notes with those iconic moves, furiously pacing the stage, leaning against phantom walls, doing that snakey thing with his hips. His physicality was the only thing connecting him to a more glorious past.

So why did he keep leaving the stage? It served only as a repeated reminder of the Guns N’ Roses we weren’t seeing.

The primary stench emanated from Frank Ferrer’s drum kit as he carelessly let the songs slip out of focus. It felt most egregious during the finale of “November Rain,” as he turned those riveting rat-a-tat snare hits into lazy thwickity-thwacks.

More embarrassing: the Slash pantomime performed by guitarist DJ Ashba. He seems to have been hired for his ability to wear a top hat, play a Les Paul and smoke cigarettes simultaneously.

Even the group’s most veteran members — bassist Tommy Stinson and pianist Dizzy Reed — failed to bring dignity to these songs. Back to noodling at Guitar Center, all of you!

“Ya’ hangin’ in there?” Rose asked before “Shackler’s Revenge,” a song from “Chinese Democracy” that even fans in “Chinese Democracy” T-shirts seemed annoyed by. It was 1:59 a.m. Sixty-five more minutes to go.

A distended version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” was followed by the evening’s only real stage banter: Rose reminiscing about the legendary Baltimore rock club Hammerjacks. “I remember Maryland,” he told the thinning crowd. Yet somehow, this non-story felt endearing, reminding us that there was a human being up there trying to be great again. Stockholm syndrome had officially set in. Encore! Encore!

Exhausted applause at 2:31 a.m. earned the audience another gratuitous guitar solo interlude, two more tunes from “Chinese Democracy,” the acoustic ballad “Patience” — irony! — and the band’s signature, “Paradise City.”

Fans sang along with new zeal, perhaps realizing the song’s double-time finale meant their freedom: “Take me down to the paradise city / Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty / Oh, won’t you please take me home?”

Yes, yes, yes. Let’s all get home safely and quickly. Tomorrow, we start trying to forget this night ever happened.

Comment

Working...