X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanhalen1r2
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I'm assuming the idea was that the Axl solo band was to be the support act.

Who the fuck would have wanted that shit every fucking night waiting for hours before Van Halen could go on - there is no way that could have worked. Can you imagine Van Halen putting up with it?

Can you imagine how drunk Ed would be by the time they went on?
    It would be ugly Fo" Sho"
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by vanhalen1r2
      Is that over the proposed 2010 GnR Van Halen tour deal
      The suit should be leaked somewhere by now, if it hasn't already posted at the RArmy

Axl is doing the right thing. He is taking it to court.

If my memory recalls. The Van Halen was a verbal agreement.

More like some jive ass rumors spread around with hinys an in-U-windows.

It's all a matter of BS. These suits have got to be done. We need to really have people stepping up and saying "Give me a God be damning accounting!"

But it takes a lot to gumption up. It takes religious fortitude to completely break free, review Mr. Nelson or go interview him He'll sit you down and preach it to you or at put you in front of one of his 1000 of hours worth of video that includes some of this subject.

Here's a kicker though, an explanation of some of what Axl (and others) have to deal with as norm. Out of the leached 40 million to make The CD Album, 39.5 of it went to expense that did not serve Axl long term.. That leaves you a couple options, recluse, keep on getting gamed, or say your prayers and prepare for battle.

One day, God willing, the generic diversity, which has become the music industry due to corruption, will stop and music for all will return to the land
      Last edited by Blaze; 09-05-2010, 05:31 AM.
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
        The suit should be leaked somewhere by now, if it hasn't already posted at the RArmy...
        It was already posted twice earlier on the first page of this same thread. :tongue0011:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
          LISTEN TO THE STAGE MANAGER AND GET ONSTAGE WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO. NO ONE HAS THE TIME FOR YOUR ROCK STAR BULLSHIT. NONE OF THE TECHS BACKSTAGE CARE IF YOU'RE DAVID BOWIE OR THE MILKMAN.

WHEN YOU ACT LIKE A JERK, THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE INFANTILE DISPLAY THAT YOU MIGHT THINK COMES WITH YOUR DUBIOUS STATUS.

THEY WERE THERE HOURS BEFORE YOU BUILDING THE STAGE, AND THEY WILL BE THERE HOURS AFTER YOU LEAVE TEARING IT DOWN.

THEY SHOULD GET YOUR SALARY, AND YOU SHOULD GET THEIRS.

SIGNED,
          HENRY ROLLINS

Rollins pretty much nailed it there.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Axl is a major talent. I would never questions his skills as a songwriter and lyricist, and I actually think that 'Chinese Democacy' has some good stuff on it, if you're prepared for it not to sound like 'Appretite'.

But as a live performer, I'm not so sure? When I saw GNR a few years ago he could certainly still sing, but the band was over-bloated and the whole thing felt a littel cabaret - gone was the venom, the menace. Axl also doesn't look the part anymore. He needs to lose a lot of weight: he used to be cool.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If you ask me, Waxle caught a terminal case of "I am the band, and the rest are just sidemen" That, and he's just a cunt of a person......
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Axl Rose Suing Activision for $20 Million

Guns 'N Roses frontman Axl Rose filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard today claiming the company violated a deal by using imagery of guitarist Saul Hudson (aka Slash) while also including the band's hit song "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

According to Reuters, Activision "fraudulently induced" Rose by authorizing use of the song and told him they would not make reference "to the former GNR member or his subsequent band Velvet Revolver" in Guitar Hero III. Rose would later discover "an animated depiction of Slash, with his signature black top hat, long dark curly hair, dark sunglasses and nose-piercing" was featured on the box.

He also said the song "Sweet Child 'O Mine" was used in an online promotion for Guitar Hero III while only being licensed for Guitar Hero II.

"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses and 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and is about holding Activision accountable for its misuse of these incredibly valuable assets," Rose's lawyer Skip Miller told Reuters. "The relief we are seeking is disgorgement of profits and compensatory and punitive damages."

Rose is seeking $20 million in damages from sales of the Guitar Hero III. Activision has not responded to requests for comment.
                I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

How is the other suit of Axl's going?
                  "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

damages?.Come on Axl even I think this is stupid
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy

"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses"

Axl better file a lawsuit against himself then. As he has been the single most damaging thing to the Guns N' Roses band, name, fans & legacy.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Candy Girl

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                Maybe he "ate" his way through his fortune? He's awfully tubby for a heroin addict, doncha' think?

Comment

Working...