X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    KISS, Chicago, Boston, Doobies, RUSH.....

I could go on....
    Rush should be in without question. The only reason I can think of why they aren't is that their manager is a fucking asshole (that would be one Raymond Danniels of Toronto Canada)

As for the others you mentioned, they all have something in common keeping them out - the fact that too goddamn many people have been in the band to say who should or should not get in. If it were up to me, it would be the original 4 members of KISS, and maybe Eric Carr because the dead guys always get in. (Yeah, Mark St. John is dead too, but he only played on one fucking record, and it sucked).

Chicago? Only the original lineup, because after Terry Kath died, it didn't matter.

Boston? Tom Scholz seems to think he's the entire band, and he would probably try to keep the other surviving original members out. Brad Delp, of course, would be mandatory.

Doobies? I wouldn't include Mushmouth McDonald, but they would probably do it, just like they let fucking Hagar in as a member of "Van Halen".
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

as an inducted member, DLR gets to vote for new inductees. that would be an interesting ballot to see.

i'd rather see Chic get in over Donna Summer.

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      Hail, hail Alice Cooper. I have a bad feeling Bon Jovi is going to go in first try just because of record sales.
      sales supposedly don't count. they'll mention it in the blurb about the inductee, but far as i know sales are not to be considered as a measure of their worthiness of induction. it's supposedly about influence, and "the perpetuation of rock and roll." Bon Jovi found a way to get chicks to buy CD's and concert tickets...but is that enough?
      Last edited by twonabomber; 09-28-2010, 02:33 PM.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
        Raymond Danniels of Toronto Canada
        Fuck Off Ray Danniels !!!
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Geezus that was a horrible cover
          Originally posted by hambon4lif
          ...It's shit like this that makes me wish the Earth would just fly into the fucking Sun!

LMFAO!

I knew you guys would feel the same. I tried to warn you not to listen to it. But it's like a fucking car accident on the side of the freeway. Even the Bon Jovi fans in the comments were disgusted by it.

For the record, I kind dug Bon Jovi up until Slippery When Wet. I thought the songs "Runaway" and "In & Out of Love" of theirs were pretty cool for the early 80's. But they have been total crap since they got big and catered too much to their female fans...and Jon began his acting career.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

In a new book released by their former tour manager here's a pic of who Jon was fucking in the 80's.

Yes, that's the beautiful Diane Lane (in the 80's of course)

欢迎访问榴莲秋葵app官网,榴莲草莓香蕉秋葵绿巨人豆奶秋葵草莓视频污黄色,秋葵app视频入口是一款18禁成人黄APP,提供安卓下载/ios苹果下载。秋葵app下载汅秋葵芭比在线,秋葵视频免费观看苹果ios片源丰富,让你高潮迭起,欲罢不能!
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

she was so hot in "six pack"
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                sales supposedly don't count. they'll mention it in the blurb about the inductee, but far as i know sales are not to be considered as a measure of their worthiness of induction. it's supposedly about influence, and "the perpetuation of rock and roll." Bon Jovi found a way to get chicks to buy CD's and concert tickets...but is that enough?
                It shouldn't be enough and i agree record sales shouldn't count. I've just got this bad feeling and this ugly vision in my head of them cheesing it up during the induction ceremony. Personally, i think the New Jersey album should disqualify them from not only the HOF but from breathing.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Alice Cooper should have been second in after Elvis.

Not just for the music and longevity but for what they/he did for concert presentation.

RaRHOF is a load of shit anyway.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                    Alice Cooper should have been second in after Elvis.
                    wouldn't have been possible...mainly because of when EP's and AC's first records were released. gotta wait 25 years.

should Cooper gotten on the ballot his first year of eligibility? sure, and so should a lot of other bands, but Jann Wenner and Suzan Evans are fucking the whole thing up.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Whiteflag
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                      It shouldn't be enough and i agree record sales shouldn't count. I've just got this bad feeling and this ugly vision in my head of them cheesing it up during the induction ceremony. Personally, i think the New Jersey album should disqualify them from not only the HOF but from breathing.
                      Ignorant post.

Let me tell you a story young man. Me and my third wife were on a cruise. that is correct my first time on a ship since that fateful day and I got to give the New Jersey album a few spins. and it is quite a good record. remember now I am used to vinyl.

by your way of thinking David Lee Roth should be shot at sunrise for all the shit music he released after his bonehead decision to leave VH in 1985. which by the way was a few days before my 73rd birthday.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Whiteflag
                        Ignorant post.
                        Then why did you continue to type if you knew what your post would contain?

At least you warned us from the git.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Bon Jovi in the RnRHoF?

Actually, for that "institution" such an induction makes complete sense, and that's not a sarcastic remark.

Just think, next year Posion can be inducted.

Hey, why not? The following year can can see Winger, Warrant and Trixter in as well.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

The RRHOF is a joke. Nuff said...
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

People who keep hoping that real bands get into the "Rock n' Roll" Hall of Fame are just like the people that keep walking into McDonald's in the hopes they get a good hamburger.

Or like people who keep heading into a boulder instead of going around it.

Eventually, you gotta stop doing it. But there's always someone who keeps going...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• ppg960
                                Sniper
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                The RRHOF is a joke. Nuff said...
                                Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                What bugs me most about JBJ is he tries to show this pretty boy attitude.
                                "Hey look, I married my HS sweet heart"
                                "We support rock against Drugs"
                                The list goes on..................
                                How many chicks did this guy nail in every city?? He's likely up there with Vince Neil.

Comment

Working...