• Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Unpopular music opinions

Post yours here.

I'll start.

Metallica and U2 both suck, and I don't "get" either of them. Never have. Metallica are a bunch of phoneys and U2 never made a decent record.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

I prefer Diver Down to 1984.
    I prefer Rock in a Hard Place to Done With Mirrors.
    I don't like The Clash, Elvis Costello or Patti Smith. I didn't like em then and I haven't come to appreciate them over time. But Justin Bieber is the shit!
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• SilvioDante
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

I hate the Doors.
      Jimi Hendrix is the most over rated guitarist of all time.
      I think the Rolling Stones are over rated.
      Punk music sucks.
      Nirvana sucks.
      I hate modern metal.
      "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Unpopular huh? OK.

I think Ratt is a better band than Guns & Roses.

I Don't like anything about Zakk Wylde.

1984 is my favorite Van Halen album.

I really like Def Leppards Hysteria...their 2nd best in my opinion behind Pyromania.

I really only liked Dio's first two solo albums....yet I hate Vivian Campbell.

And I've always wanted to fuck Cindi Lauper.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          Post yours here.

I'll start.

Metallica and U2 both suck, and I don't "get" either of them. Never have. Metallica are a bunch of phoneys and U2 never made a decent record.
          I think U2 are actually better than Metallica and I'm not a fan of U2.

Metallica to me are complete shit. I don't get it from any angle. Their songs are mindless shitty versions of the kind of nonsense a thousand 17 year old NWOBHM bands would have come up with in their parents house in 1981 - at best.

And of course technically speaking they are the Poison of heavy metal, even after all these years.

In fact CC Deville is a far better guitarist than that retarded geeky looking fuck. He should go back to driving the bus on the Simpsons.

The drummer needs a good kick in the face for being an annoying prick and what they describe as a singer whines like a teenage emo with haemorrhoids and is a self absorbed talent vacuum.

Morally though at least Metallica didn't build their entire career on the deaths of starving children in Africa so overall it's about even.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-22-2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
            Unpopular huh? OK.

I think Ratt is a better band than Guns & Roses.

I Don't like anything about Zakk Wylde.

1984 is my favorite Van Halen album.

I really like Def Leppards Hysteria...their 2nd best in my opinion behind Pyromania.

I really only liked Dio's first two solo albums....yet I hate Vivian Campbell.

And I've always wanted to fuck Cindi Lauper.
            Is this unpopular?

I'm not sure about Lauper right enough...

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I fucking HATE The Beatles!

Comment

• Grant
                Sniper
                • Feb 2005

I can't stand U2 either and think Bono is a wanker.

Michael Stipe seems like a disturbed human being.

I prefer Pet Shop Boys' version of 'Always On My Mind', than Elvis's.

The Beatles' White Album is overrated.

I think Michael Buble is exceptionally talented.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  And of course technically speaking they are the Poison of heavy metal, even after all these years.

In fact CC Deville is a far better guitarist than that retarded geeky looking fuck.
                  Shirley, you can't be serious...

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is the finest album ever made.

Every so-called guitar hero not named Jeff Beck working in the rock field (of any era) can be handed his lunch, his hat and ultimately his ass by just about any average country picker leaning against a bar stool.

The best hard rock guitar solo ever recorded was played by an unknown named Tony Peluso and included on a Carpenters single ("Goodbye To Love") sometime in 1972.

Any garage band can for one evening be the world's greatest rock and roll band.

Metallica are posers and have no more validity as artists than the Jonas Brothers.

Milli Vanilli, the Spice Girls and Right Said Fred have created more memorable tunes than Genesis since Peter Gabriel left.

After Freddie Mercury died, the only singer on the planet to replace him in Queen should have been George Michael.

At one time, R.E.M and Husker Du were the best bands ever. Then R.E.M. released their fourth album, and Husker Du broke up.

Eric Clapton knows only one guitar solo and has been playing it over and over since 1965.

Gibson guitars suck.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

I 99% concur. I like only a small handful of songs, the top being one by Sir Paul all by himself....so isn't really a Beatles song. (Yesterday)
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Monkees were more of an actual band than Steely Dan ever was.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Even when I was a little kid in Kindergarten in 71, I liked the Rolling Stones better. I even had Rolling Stones and STP stickers on my Schwinn Stingray then.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I hate the Who's Tommy. Tried to like it but never could force myself to like it.
                            I hate Stairway to Heaven.
                            I hate Bono and would love to shove Sting up his ass and drag the whole mess 20 miles behind a pickup truck.
                            Eric Clapton has always been over rated.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I hate the Who's Tommy. Tried to like it but never could force myself to like it.
                              I hate Stairway to Heaven.
                              I hate Bono and would love to shove Sting up his ass and drag the whole mess 20 miles behind a pickup truck.
                              Eric Clapton has always been over rated.

Comment

Working...