• Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    In what? An ice cream eating contest?
    Nope, donuts.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      I think Perfect Strangers is right up there with the best of anything they ever did.

In fact, far as reunions overall go, the DP MK2 lineup reunion of 1984-1985 was probably one of the very few rock band reunions where all the definitive members of a lineup participated, were able to create new music worthy of their past and could still bring it live.
      saw them on that tour... they were awesome.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Alas my jealousy obscured me from the truth at the time, but if the Osmonds weren't preoccupied with their duties in the Mormon Church, we could have had an American Bee Gees with all that collective talent - and I sure would have taken note of that on the dancefloor!

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Lamb Of God lyrics usually instill within me deep philosophical introspection causing me to reason the day away in poetic solitude as I skip off to market rejuvenatedly plucking daisies and other people's earlobes along the way.

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
            Alas my jealousy obscured me from the truth at the time, but if the Osmonds weren't preoccupied with their duties in the Mormon Church, we could have had an American Bee Gees with all that collective talent - and I sure would have taken note of that on the dancefloor!
            Well, since this IS the unpopular music opinions thread, let me throw this out there.....

"Crazy Horses" actually kinda rocked. Praise Elohim!!

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

I can't help but think one think anytime I see guitarists, bassists and drummers in some of these lame no-talent pop singers that appear on SNL, that they in fact were like these kids that wanted to be in a Rock Band when they grew up probably big fans of Van Halen, Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, what have you. And have some talent in that regard...but they discover that sort of music is no longer being signed by the lame asses in corporate suits, and that the only chance they have is getting a gig is to be Avril Lavigne's guitarist.

do you guys feel I'm incorrect on that?
              Last edited by Unchainme; 11-07-2010, 12:42 PM.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                I can't help but think one think anytime I see guitarists, bassists and drummers in some of these lame no-talent pop singers that appear on SNL, that they in fact were like these kids that wanted to be in a Rock Band when they grew up probably big fans of Van Halen, Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, what have you. And have some talent in that regard...but they discover that sort of music is no longer being signed by the lame asses in corporate suits, and that the only chance they have is getting a gig is to be Avril Lavigne's guitarist.

No, that actually happens a lot. Usually it's the musicians who refuse to sign a deal with me.
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                  No, that actually happens a lot. Usually it's the musicians who refuse to sign a deal with me.
                  Bullshit. I attempted to contact you in 1983 about brokering a deal and you never got back to me. Your HR department stinks. :tongue0011:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Greg Howe is very respected and has made many incredible albums (he can wail like nobody's business)but still he's toured with Timberlake. He's also filled in for Jennifer Batten on a Michael Jackson tour and wore a platinum wig as a joke to look like Jennifer Batten.
                    Maybe the mainstream gigs finance the solo projects. I know he still gives lessons in fact I've jammed with a guy that played 6 months and took a couple lessons and came back with some great techniques.

All these guys choose their decisions obviously. Maintain artistic integrity or sell out a bit and let business people say the album's not commercial enough or whatever. Those guys are your boss if you go that route. Too many get ripped off by the companies and still they have bills to pay so who knows. I'm glad he's made the albums he has though because they're incredible but the people who do the smaller labels aren't telling a shred rocker to put sappy ballads on their discs. They know Greg Howe's not going to get radio play which is pretty tragic if you ask me.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

.. do you guys feel I'm incorrect on that?
                      Who cares about being a guitarist when you can have two turntables and a microphone?

Beck's music inspired me to stop hurting myself and take up a macrame' class at Michael's. I do much better now - as M.C. Charley Chitown!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Yngwie Malmsteen could kick Edward Van Halen's ass ANY DAY !!!

On a technical level, I'd be willing to wager Malmsteen could play anything Van Halen did, whereas some of the stuff Malmsteen brought to the table Edward wouldn't have been able to play on his best day.

Fact of the matter is Ed was running scared from Yngwie in the mid-1980s. No small coincidence Ed started pursuing keyboards and fluff pop songs around the time Marching Out was released.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by GARfail
                          Who cares about being a guitarist when you can have two turntables and a microphone?

Beck's music inspired me to stop hurting myself and take up a macrame' class at Michael's. I do much better now - as M.C. Charley Chitown!

Hey Pigfucker. Your attempts at humour are pathetic.
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Nope. It's probably spot-on.

Musicians gotta eat, too.

The business has changed, and not for the better IMO.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              On a technical level, I'd be willing to wager Malmsteen could play anything Van Halen did, whereas some of the stuff Malmsteen brought to the table Edward wouldn't have been able to play on his best day.

Fact of the matter is Ed was running scared from Yngwie in the mid-1980s. No small coincidence Ed started pursuing keyboards and fluff pop songs around the time Marching Out was released.
                              Maybe so. But Yngwie could never pen a tune and reach as many people as Ed/CVH did.

Never has, never will...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                Maybe so. But Yngwie could never pen a tune and reach as many people as Ed/CVH did.

Never has, never will...
                                Agreed 100%.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...