Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Charlie missed a few sessions back in those days, but they had Jimmy Miller producing, and he wasn't a bad drummer himself. Keith is on record though, saying that if Charlie ever left the Stones, it's over. Which might have a lot to do with why the Stones tour next year will probably be their last. Reportedly Charlie is tired of the 2 year world megatouring thing. Can't blame the guy - he's the oldest guy in the band. Think he's 70 now, at least.

All good things must come to an end, I guess. And 50 years is a good run for anybody. Bring Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman back and do this thing right. And know that somewhere Brian Jones, Ian Stewart, and Billy Preston are cheering you on. Nicky Hopkins and Jimmy Miller too for that matter. Even Allen Klein, though he's only doing so for his own financial gain. (Does he have to split his royalties with Satan now?)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Charlie has a unique drumming style and he's one of my favorite drummers. Our band opens the first set with Rocks Off . You don't appreciate The Stones until you try and copy them. Lot's of little twists and turns in their music which makes it interesting. Charlie laid down the beat but always had some interesting extra stuff going one here and there. If they got another drummer that would be gone and it wold just be 1234. Keith is right on that.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I remember seeing the Rolling Stones in 1981. We thought we better see them now because someone is going to die or they are just going to call it quits because they are too old. Now it's 2010 and they are still a major act.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...