Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
    Blizzard tourbook? Very nice. Did you get this signed after the show, or was this a record store meet and greet that day?
    Hats off to you and anyone who were fortunate enough to see this guy live. I wish I were just a couple of years older, as my parents were aprehensive about allowing my nutty brother, eight years mey senior, taking me to rock shows.
    The lucky prick saw this guy once at the Orpheum in Boston and again at the Cape Cod Coliseum.
    I finally got the green light to see Maiden in the summer of '83 when I was 15.
    Diary tourbook actually... Didn't even know there was a meet and greet in my town that that day; I was lucky enough to meet him briefly after the show...very funny, cool dude. Very encouraging once we told him we wanted to be able to play like him...it was definitely a life-changing experience, that show and meeting him if only briefly after...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The link to the DVD torrent Jimi posted above seems to be dead, so here's another that still works for now.....

Fuck Sharon's goons, grab it now!
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

*Hic* :bottle:
        Last edited by FORD; 07-10-2011, 02:36 AM. Reason: server hiccup
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by tojoro
          Blizzard tourbook? Very nice. Did you get this signed after the show, or was this a record store meet and greet that day?
          Hats off to you and anyone who were fortunate enough to see this guy live. I wish I were just a couple of years older, as my parents were aprehensive about allowing my nutty brother, eight years mey senior, taking me to rock shows.
          The lucky prick saw this guy once at the Orpheum in Boston and again at the Cape Cod Coliseum.
          I finally got the green light to see Maiden in the summer of '83 when I was 15.
          Really?????

At this point in my life I'm much happier to be a few years younger.

Comment

• tojoro
            Head Fluffer
            • Dec 2009

Sure, if I were a bit older, I would have been going to concerts with him sooner. I would've seen Randy with Ozzy, Dio with Sabbath, AC/DC with Bon and of course, VH with Roth, who my bro had seen for every tour but their last.
            We went up to Worcester for the 1984 show without tickets, hoping to score some from a scalper. Unfortunately my brother chose to get a bit mouthy with an undercover cop, but the cop let him slide and told us to hit the road, as we had no tickets and were basically loitering.
            The Orpheum Theater in Boston was the first place the majority of bands would play for their first US tour, (and sometimes their second), before going on to play the Boston Garden, Cape Cod Coliseum or the aforementioned Centrum. The Orpheum is where he first saw the Blizzard of Ozz, as well as other acts from across the pond like Priest, the Scorps, Maiden, MSG, and on.
            So yeah, I would trade a few years to have had the opportunity to have seen the first couple of waves of really good bands, especially before they would graduate to the stadiums.
            By the time I graduated high school (1985), Van Halen were as dead as Rhoads, Rick Allen was minus an arm, Priest and Maiden were flirting with the idea of incorporating synths into their next albums, and the younger platoon of bands like Motley and Ratt were losing their leather in favor of lace, with bands like Poison and Warrant waiting just around the corner.

~T.

Comment

• tojoro
              Head Fluffer
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
              Diary tourbook actually... Didn't even know there was a meet and greet in my town that that day; I was lucky enough to meet him briefly after the show...very funny, cool dude. Very encouraging once we told him we wanted to be able to play like him...it was definitely a life-changing experience, that show and meeting him if only briefly after...
              Too cool you got to shoot the breeze for a bit too. For some reason, there were two different books for this tour, I just figured they had different covers, but it appears they're completely different. Mine has a live shot of Ozzy, wearing the chainmail and one arm raised. I'm guessing your's has an alternate shot of Ozz for the Diary album cover?
              I'm thinking yours is the first edition, as in mine, Randy is rockin' the duds from the Diary tour.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I always found Ozzy to be a repulsive and discusting sort of character. I did like a lot of the songs he did with Sabbath and his early solo stuff. I had no desire to see him live. After reading "The Dirt" my assumption of him was pretty much on the mark. I'm just not into people who drink piss and smear shit all over hotel walls.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Ozzy's fucked! I would have given Rhoads 2 more years before he'd bail on Ozzy. Imagine the fuckin madness that guy saw....
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I'm just amazed Ozzy never killed anyone or himself. Basically he wanted to kill Sharon because he wanted to be free of her but she controlled the guy. No way in hell would Ozzy be able to take care of himself so Sharon did that and he knew it but hated her control. I'm sure many times in the back of his twisted mind he wished her gone.

I just remember Jack Osbourne saying Ozzy never seemed like a dad. He was just this freak who lived in the house. That's some sad shit.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-10-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

I just remember Jack Osbourne saying Ozzy never seemed like a dad. He was just this freak who lived in the house. That's some sad shit.

A lot of people don't have dads or have bad dads. A lot of people have freaks that live in the house. Very few of us have one that is a multi-millionaire and allows us access to their funds. I wouldn't complain too much Jack. You'll never have to put in a days worth of hard work or go hungry....ever.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        A lot of people don't have dads or have bad dads. A lot of people have freaks that live in the house. Very few of us have one that is a multi-millionaire and allows us access to their funds. I wouldn't complain too much Jack. You'll never have to put in a days worth of hard work or go hungry....ever.
                        Yeah but you become a drug addicted fat Beverly Hills slob kid. I think the kids who's parents teach them a work ethic and self-sufficiency are way better off. Can you imagine being 20 years old with no skills or work ethic? The kid that had to work various jobs growing up are much better off.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

My Dad was fantastic. Everywhere I go....people still remember him. I was blessed. Lol when I was 13 my dad got me off school early...and said we have a special day. I thought "any day with me Dad is special" . We went that day to get my Social Security Number. Been working everyday since.

Thanks Dad.
                          Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM.
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                            My Dad was fantastic. Everywhere I go....people still remember him. I was blessed. Lol when I was 13 my dad got me off school early...and said we have a special day. I thought "any day with me Dad is special" . We went that day to get my Social Security Number. Been working everyday since.

Thanks Dad.
                            Very cool. We need more dads like that. I remember when I first got my driver's license and my dad goes good now you are more useful. Two days later he's teaching me how to drive a big two ton truck. That's actually what I learned to drive a stick shift on and I drove to Reno to pick up a load of brick so he wouldn't have to take a man off the job to do it. That was baptism by fire. I lived through it.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Ozzy's fucked! I would have given Rhoads 2 more years before he'd bail on Ozzy. Imagine the fuckin madness that guy saw....
                              He already WAS going to bail on him...read Rudy's book; he basically told Ozzy he'd record the next album or 2 for him, but he'd have to find someone else to tour...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I guess waking up next to a fat Sharon Osborne is going to make you really take a good look at yourself.

Bad enough now but then...

Comment

Working...