Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

Good song and looks like a decent lineup.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Best Whitesnake LP since 'Slide it In'... and IMO better than the 1987 disc (because I never liked 'Bad Boys' and 'Children of the Night').
      Like Aldrich has stated in the press... it's the perfect blend of the 1987 disc, 'Come An Get It' and what they started on 'Good to be Bad'.
      Little bit of filler here and there and Coverdale's voice is definitely showing it's age in some spots, but overall I think this disc defines what Coverdale has been trying to do with Whitesnake for the past 20 years... after he gave up on the initial direction of the band that he created in the late 70s.
      If things don't work out with DLR and VH, he needs to open his wallet to Coverdale's current WS incarnation... particularly Aldrich and Tichy.
      I've read in some markets that this disc is doing better than the new brittney Spears disc... no small feat for a band that was pretty much written off back in the 90s.
      Stand out track for me is 'Whipping Boy Blues' and check out the very DLR-ish 'My Evil Ways'.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I wore the hell out of my original 1987 Whitesnake cassette tape. I even liked 'Here I Go Again'. But motherfuck! I haven't heard the ORIGINAL version since. I don't know how many different versions there are now, but even the ones listed as 'original' aren't truly from the first copies of the album.

I saw them open for Motley Crue and WS only played 5 songs. That was kinda a let down.

But really Coverdale lost all my respect when he fired the band that recorded the big breakthrough album and replaced them with All-stars. Then had the audacity to re-record said tunes with all-stars. And to me that ruined the songs....not made them better.

Coverdale & Lenny Wolf can both take turns sucking Robert Plants wrinkly old cock.

*Plus Whitesnake pisses me off cause I got busted at Target for shoplifting the 'Come An' Get It' cassette & a Bic lighter.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

The new single is a decent rock song. I was starting to think that nobody knew how to write one of those anymore.
          I can't bring myself to watch the video because it scares me (is that his bellybutton underneath his chin? Yikes! I knew that having Tawny Kitaen sit on your face would have some damaging side effects, but DAMN!!) but I dig the tune.

Badass guitarist! Killer solo! If the rest of the disc is like this, I'll pick it up.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Cheese rock with a creepy old man at the helm...

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Cheese rock with a creepy old man at the helm...
              I'm not surprised. You don't like anything unless it has a Swedish effeminate hack in it.

moron.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                Badass guitarist! Killer solo! If the rest of the disc is like this, I'll pick it up.
                It's a typical lead off single... if you pick up the disc you'll find some better tracks.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

It's not 1987...

The lead off single should be one of the better tracks...

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

It's not 1987...

The lead off single should be one of the better tracks...
                    As with all decent hard rock albums, the best songs are not necessarily single material.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I'll bet I can guess the subject matter for the other songs...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                        It's a typical lead off single... if you pick up the disc you'll find some better tracks.
                        The whole concept of 'lead off singles' doesn't make any sense to me, not since the death of radio. They're aiming at something that doesn't really exist anymore.

Nowadays, if you want to reach out to your fanbase and the rock community, it would make more sense to go balls out and throw your heavier shit out there.

The suits at the record companies are asleep at the wheel and they'll fuck this whole thing up.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

I'll bet I can guess the subject matter for the other songs...
                          What's wrong with that?
                          If I buy a bottle of Diet Coke I don't want it to taste like V8.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

I'm not digging this cd too much yet. How many songs can you write about faded love, love that needs another chance, and love in general? The same theme accross the board gets on my nerves a bit. The musicianship is good but to me the song writing is mediocre. Maybe a few more listens will open some doors that i can't realize yet.
                            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                              How many songs can you write about faded love, love that needs another chance, and love in general?
                              Or, how many times can Coverdale write the same crappy song...

Same goes for Yngwie, BTW...

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                                I'm not digging this cd too much yet. How many songs can you write about faded love, love that needs another chance, and love in general? The same theme accross the board gets on my nerves a bit. The musicianship is good but to me the song writing is mediocre. Maybe a few more listens will open some doors that i can't realize yet.
                                Do we really expect Heavy Metal/Hard Rock bands to write inspiring/original lyrics? (CVH were actually remarkable for that point.)

I know what you mean, but what the hell else is Cov going to write about? I'm really not all that interested in his thoughts on Proust.
                                Hell, AC/DC have made a career out of a handful of lyrical themes.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...