Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

It's OVER. There is no Sabbath reunion. Headline should say "Sabbath Reunion Plans Scrapped, Replaced By Empty Cash Grab".

"Due to guitarist Tony Iommi's ongoing treatment for lymphoma, the remaining European shows will be billed as "Ozzy & Friends," featuring Sabbath's Geezer Butler and longtime Ozzy collaborator Zakk Wylde, as well as select special guests, including Slash."
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

A Message From Bill

Feb.17, 2012

Dear Sabbath Fans,

I wanted to let you know where things are at, from my point of view, as of today, February 17, 2012.

As my statement of February 2, 2012 indicated, I have not declined to participate in the Sabbath album and tour. At the earliest opportunity, I am prepared to go to the U.K. and record, and later tour with the band.

Last week, we sent further communication to the attorney handling the negotiations to try to reach an agreement. At this time we are waiting to hear back. I remain hopeful for a “signable” contract and a positive outcome.

I want to thank everyone who has voiced and posted their opinions, thoughts, support and love through all media, including the newly constructed sites. I applaud your worldwide reaction in support of the original band. And speaking for myself, your intent and truth will always be respected.

While believing in your freedom for expression, keep in mind that Tony, Ozzy and Geezer are still my lifetime friends, and I cannot support comments with an objectifying or derogatory theme toward them or their various representatives.

Many thanks to all of you. You are truly phenomenal.

Stay safe, stay strong.

–Bill Ward

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Ah man, not looking good for Tony is how I am taking it. Health needs to come first. Get well soon Tony!
          Last edited by SNIPER; 02-18-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Why the fuck does Ozzy still continue this tour ?

Yes Sharon, we know you are not Black Sabbath's manager, but you are Ozzy's.

Do they have no shame ?

Fuck this. Tony to get better, Bill Ward to get his fair share, then sit at
            a press conference.....
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

no offense...but sharon is still a cunt, isn't she?
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                no offense...but sharon is still a cunt, isn't she?
                You choose when you can put your "Im a cunt" sign high in the air.
                (She's out there waving madly)
                Interesting that Zakk Wylde is back in the band....
                Shitty that they are taking the dates Sabbath had....

Poor Ozzy relies on her for the part of his brain he nuked.
                Anyone see the interview when they talk about Randy Rhoads
                and how he fucked Sharon in the tour bus ?
                Ozzy seems unfazed (not sure how I figured that out, its hard I know)
                But come on ??

Her Vag must be like Epcott, fireworks and laser displays everynight.
                Otherwise, I really dont get it...
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Well, bit of a shame Ward feels he can't participate.

However, presuming he was lowballed (or feels he was lowballed) on his proposed share of the proceeds, resigning himself to go ahead regardless apparently wasn't in his personal constitution. If Ward was gonna end up making little more than sideman/hired gun wages, well, why the hell SHOULD he accept that?

I'm sure Ozzy, Tony and Geezer can still go forward without him and have a successful reunion on commercial terms. However, without Ward it just isn't the original Black Sabbath lineup, and for me is now something that is of significantly less interest.

Not a big shock, though. When they held the press conference, my first thought was that it'd be 50/50 at best if Ward actually made it to the tour. Now, apparently he ain't even gonna play on the album.

This Black Sabbath reunion has seemed jinxed from the get-go.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2010

Black Sabbath cancel all dates bar 1.

From Ultimateclassicrock.com

Here is the full statement from Sabbath’s publicist explaining the news:

Black Sabbath — who late last year confirmed the recording of their first new album in more than 33 years and a worldwide headlining tour- — have had to put some plans on hold due to Tony Iommi’s battle with lymphoma. At this time, Black Sabbath will perform only one show of this summer’s previously scheduled European tour. It will take place Sunday, June 10 at the U.K.’s Download Festival.

So as not to let the promoters and fans down, Ozzy Osbourne will now perform the majority of the previously scheduled Black Sabbath dates (both festival performances and the headlining shows) billed as Ozzy & Friends. These “first ever” Ozzy & Friends shows will feature appearances by “special guest” musicians including Geezer Butler (who will join Ozzy for a special Black Sabbath set as a show of respect and support to their friend, Tony Iommi) and longtime former Ozzy band member Zakk Wylde. In addition, Ozzy will be accompanied by longtime collaborator and friend Slash at select shows, with other “special guests” set to join the tour at various stops along the way (full list of dates, appearances below).

Tony Iommi continues to make excellent progress and is looking forward to getting back out on the road. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath continue to write and record music in the U.K. for their upcoming album. More information about these dates and Black Sabbath’s recording and touring plans is forthcoming.

2012 Tour Dates:
                    Black Sabbath

6/10 – Donnington, UK – Download Festival
                    Ozzy & Friends

5/23 – Helsinki, Finland – Hartwall Arena
                    5/25 – Stockholm, Sweden – Stadium
                    5/27 – Jelling, Denmark – Jelling Festival
                    5/29 – Bergen, Norway – Bergen Calling Festival
                    5/31 – Oslo, Norway – Spektrum
                    6/2 – Malmo, Sweden – Malmo Stadium
                    6/4 – Dortmund, Germany – Westfalenhalle
                    6/6 – Prague, Czech Rep – O2 Arena
                    6/15 – Vitoria, Spain – Azkena Rock Festival
                    6/17 – Clisson, France – Hellfest
                    6/22 – Dessel, Belgium – Graspop Metal Meeting
                    6/24 – Milan, Italy – Gods of Metal Festival
                    6/26 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle
                    6/28 – Belgrade, Serbia – USCE Park
                    7/1 – Athens, Greece – Rockwave Festival – Terra
                    Last edited by ToraToraTora; 02-19-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Blah Sabbath

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

"Ozzy and Friends"...with a "special guest appearance by Geezer Butler"

Wow.

Pretty far cry from what was promised (a full-on classic Sab reunion), but with Tony ill and Bill out...

Whatever. Bit of a shambles, and nothing all that special.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

I'm sure there are things that sound just as fucking gay as "Ozzy & Friends", but right now I can't think of any.....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

I am ignoring them. Bad enough Tony's health issues are what they are, but the situation with Bill Ward has just pissed me off. Fuck 'em.

Comment

• crowhue
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Feb 2012

Everyone is reforming over here in the U of K. There's s***loads of money to be had apparently.
                              Looking for a good guitar shop in Peterborough? Try us for great prices and service.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                                I'm sure there are things that sound just as fucking gay as "Ozzy & Friends", but right now I can't think of any.....
                                at least it's not "Half Sabbath."
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...