• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SunisinuS
      Yea you only wonder why VH cannot get rolling like back in the day.... Wonder if BS and VH will be taking another picture together on tour....although Dave is probably the only one that can still get down on a knee and stand back up under his own power these days.

it has been discussed......
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie

Does my life need another dissapointing 'reunion' album though? I think not.
        If it's humanly possible to get a decent record out of these guys, Rick Rubin is the man to do it. Frankly, I wish Van Halen had gone with him too.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

If Sharon can keep her grubby paws out of it this might be worth seeing.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Uh-oh. The album is to be produced by Rick Rubin. I'm not exactly impressed by his work with heavy bands, particularly the disasters he performed with AC/DC and Metallica.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

...and ZZ Top.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

That remains to be seen, as the ZZ Top album hasn't been released yet. The only evidence is a track that was leaked to the internet a few months ago, and is neither complete nor is it credited to Rubin. Even so, it's not too bad, and the chorus is killer.

ZZ Top, ‘Flyin’ High’ – Song Review

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Hopefully, Ozzy doesn't screw this up. Let Iommi and Geezer write this thing and go in and do your lyrics and vocals. No bullshit allowed.

Kind of scary isn't it? Black Sabbath and Van Halen reunite and tour in 2012.

Black Sabbath + Van Halen = stadium tour?
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    Hopefully, Ozzy doesn't screw this up. Let Iommi and Geezer write this thing and go in and do your lyrics and vocals. No bullshit allowed.

Kind of scary isn't it? Black Sabbath and Van Halen reunite and tour in 2012.

Now THAT might be a stadium show worth going to...MIGHT be...

Van Halen really need to ditch Wolfie, though. The kid brings nada to the mix. Just get Biff Malibu back and shake it one more time for the fans.

Agreed it'll be interesting to see if Bill Ward actually stays in the band long enough this time to complete the album AND the tour.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                      I sure as hell hope not,
                      Maybe with Mikey back in his rightful spot, it would be a different story, but if you put the current version of VH alongside a band that clearly knows more about the concept of what a 'reunion' actually means, the result could be downright embarrassing.

As a true fan of the real Van Halen, the last thing I want to see is Sabbath getting their revenge for '78.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        I sure as hell hope not,
                        Maybe with Mikey back in his rightful spot, it would be a different story, but if you put the current version of VH alongside a band that clearly knows more about the concept of what a 'reunion' actually means, the result could be downright embarrassing.

As a true fan of the real Van Halen, the last thing I want to see is Sabbath getting their revenge for '78.
                        I've seen / heard footage of 1978 Sabbath, and they sounded pretty good. Like, if they were able to tour these days with that amount of energy, enthusiasm and precision, it'd be a good show.

Yeah, Van Wolfie would look a bit pale next to a full-on Sabbath reunion firing on all cylinders.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvFTL6qOvfg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvFTL6qOvfg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Just get Biff Malibu back and shake it one more time for the fans.
                              Steve Baily.

Why? No reason other then he is one experienced session man who most likely can tolerate Eddie's shit while receiving a paycheck.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                Uh-oh. The album is to be produced by Rick Rubin. I'm not exactly impressed by his work with heavy bands, particularly the disasters he performed with AC/DC and Metallica.
                                I certainly wouldn't call 'Death Magnetic' a disaster. It's not a classic, but it's definitely a good record.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...