Greatest three albums back to back by one glam/hard rock artist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

use your illusion should have been cut down to 10 or 11 songs tops.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
      I'd go

Peace Sells...
      So Far, So Good, So What...
      Rust In Peace...

And yeah, I love SF, SG, SW. Mary Jane is one of the best songs they ever recorded.
      I was thinking that but to my mind Countdown and Youthanasia were more well received.To be honest i love every album (i can even listen to risk).Mary Jane is a great song,I love Liar and 502 makes me smile "pull over shit head,it's the cops"
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        I was thinking that but to my mind Countdown and Youthanasia were more well received.To be honest i love every album (i can even listen to risk).Mary Jane is a great song,I love Liar and 502 makes me smile "pull over shit head,it's the cops"

Yeah. They were more commercially successful during that time period, but I just can't have any Megadeth list without Peace Sells. Just can't. As for Risk...LOL. I hace it in my trucks cd wallet. Was just spinning it a couple days ago.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I would make the argument any 3 album's up to countdown would be a good fit in here.After that is where the big changes started.One thing i must ask,Crush 'em yes or no?

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Now i was going to say for a laugh what about

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In, Open Up and Say Ahh!, Flesh and Blood

Check number 4 on the link.....

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
              One thing i must ask,Crush 'em yes or no?
              Totally fun song. Tailor made for NFL games. I liken it to Parental Guidance from Judas Priest or Enter Sandman. Extremely commercial tune, not even trying to hide the fact, but still heavy fun.

Not deep like My Last Words or intricate guitar work as in Black Friday, but a fun tune nonetheless.

*I kinda put it in same category as Prince Of Darkness.....which I also dig.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                Ah. Didn't see that. My bad.

That's ok. That 3-stretch of Maiden deserves to be listed several times. It was that fucking stellar.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Nailed it,it is a fun song.Sometimes play it when im watching packers highlights.Dave has said it was never really a Megadeth song,it was a hockey song but it found a way onto the album.I think it is fun and i can dance to it,so it's a winner in my book

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

That's ok. That 3-stretch of Maiden deserves to be listed several times. It was that fucking stellar.
                    killer, sada. and the 2008 'somewhere back in time' tour, which included many songs that weren't even written when i first saw them in '82 was completely kickass.
                    barney and i in the front row, had our eyebrows singed by the pyrotechnics.

iron maiden deserve massive kudos for still existing, and taking their music to the world.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      VAN HALEN
                      Van Halen
                      Women And Children First
                      Fair Warning

ZZ TOP
                      Rio Grande Mud
                      Tres Hombres
                      Deguello
                      Shouldn't the 3 albums initially be chronologically in a row?

Then it's hard as far as VH, because you can't include FW unless you take VH1 out,
                      and vice-versa...

ZZ TOP:

First Album
                      Rio Grande Mud (my fave ever)
                      Tres Hombres

J. GEILS BAND

Bloodshot
                      Nightmares
                      Hotline

AC/DC

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
                      Let there be rock
                      Powerage
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Totally fun song. Tailor made for NFL games.
                        Mustaine is a Phoenix Coyotes fan and offered the song to the NHL, but the other leagues use it too.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Yeah. They were more commercially successful during that time period, but I just can't have any Megadeth list without Peace Sells. Just can't. As for Risk...LOL. I hace it in my trucks cd wallet. Was just spinning it a couple days ago.
                          Peace Sells is the best Megadeth album, IMO. Gar Samuels gave them a fludity that just made those times changes savage. No other thrash band had that.

I reviewed 'So far, so Good, So What?' in the 'Album Review' thread. It's the underrated gem in their arsenal....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

The Cult

Love
                            Electric
                            Sonic Temple

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by nitroDave23
                              Hell yeah man, AC/DC were on fire in those early years with Brian.

For Those About To Rock doesn't get the love it deserves imo., it's major fault is that it's the follow up to Back In Black.No matter what they did,it wasn't going to beat it.

It also get's knocked for the production, and I admit, it's the most "over produced" AC/DC album to date,but it suits the songs, Mutt Lange fucking nailed it.

The drums are powerful,the guitars are fat and razor sharp,and Brian's voice is mixed perfectly to match.

Evil Walks,Snowballed,Inject The Venom,the title track,Let's Get It Up,Put The Finger On You,C.O.D. and Spell Bound are amazingly well written songs.

The only filler really is Breaking The Rules and Knight Of The Long Knives,and to me they aren't even THAT bad.

My opinion is very biased though,lol as AC/DC,KISS,and Van Halen(ROTH) are my 3 top bands.....I'm into every AC/DC album.

As for Flick Of The Switch,they went back to basics and it's pure raw badass rock 'n' roll, and I love every minute of it.
                              For my money, those albums are good not great. If they really were classics, the band would play more songs off them in their set.

Compared to 'Blow Up Your Video' and 'Fly On The Wall', however, they are works of genius - the decline of mid-80s AC/DC compared to the 'Powerage' and 'Let There Be Rock' is staggering.....

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

The Cult

Love
                                Electric
                                Sonic Temple
                                BOOM!!

Three albums. Three completely distinct sounds. The same aesthetic.

I can't think of another band who can do that....

Comment

Working...