Greatest three albums back to back by one glam/hard rock artist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Sniper....man, I'm not usually antagonistic here, but I couldn't let it go bro.....not to mention after you listed 3 Testament albums, I felt compelled dude.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Thank you sir, You spoke the truth.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Well, since the Police were already brought up in this thread, their first three albums were pretty damn good.....

The two after that weren't bad either, but Synchronicity is kinda comparable to VH's 1984, in that it might have had the most hit singles, but that doesn't make it their best album.
        The first two albums were great, especially Regatta de Blanc whick kicks ass - apart from the 6-pack, I've played no other album more than this one -, but Zenyatta Mondatta is a weak link IMO...
        Except "Behind my camel", "Driven to tears" and "Don't stand so close", the other tracks sound soft and almost boring, compared to Outlandos and Regatta... I like Ghost in the Machine a lot, would have made a proper third piece in a trilogy.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

LED ZEPPELIN
          II
          III
          IV

DEEP PURPLE
          In Rock
          Fireball
          Machine Head

The STOOGES
          The Stooges
          Funhouse
          Raw Power
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Mikeyj122
            Groupie
            • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=fourthcoming;1595992]
            Originally posted by Mikeyj122

Dude, Appetite for Destruction is a perfect album....it's great. I'll even give you Lies....some good stuff on there even though one half of it is Live like a suicide which was released before Appetite. And btw, the live half of Lies is bullshit....it's studio tracks with crowd noise pumped in. That being said, Use your illusion is better than anything Iron Maiden ever did? R U SERIOUS? Songs like estranged, don't cry and november rain were the some of Guns and Roses worst tunes ever made. Use your Illusion should have been cut down to one 10 song album and Appetite still would have blown it away. Iron Maiden have been kicking ass for practically 40 years. They have always been true professionals.....something Guns never were or will be. I love Appetite for Destruction but let's take it easy.....they are no Iron Maiden even on their best day. Your completely entitled to your opinion but next time talk with your mouth not your ass.
            Iron maiden is ok, but that kind of shit metal I dont have a lot of time for. They fall somewhere in between sabbath and mwtallica and not as good as either. Ill let axl speak. http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv...?v=V593MMT-DLY
            Fuck every body

Comment

• Mikeyj122
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

Im more into rnr than metal anyways. I like melody in my music and a lot of metal bands (not all) lack that. Ill take zeppelin, gnr, van halen, acdc, aerosmith, pink floyd, and hendrix over anything that "metal" has ever produced.
              Fuck every body

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

[QUOTE=Mikeyj122;1596020]
                Originally posted by fourthcoming

Iron maiden is ok, but that kind of shit metal I dont have a lot of time for. They fall somewhere in between sabbath and mwtallica and not as good as either. Ill let axl speak. http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv...?v=V593MMT-DLY

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

I can only imagine how I sounded when I first came around here. Sorry guys. I really am. Please forgive me.

Comment

• Mikeyj122
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    I can only imagine how I sounded when I first came around here. Sorry guys. I really am. Please forgive me.
                    You're forgiven.
                    Fuck every body

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

You're forgiven.
                      Not meant for you.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Has anybody mentioned these three yet?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Im more into rnr than metal anyways. I like melody in my music and a lot of metal bands (not all) lack that. Ill take zeppelin, gnr, van halen, acdc, aerosmith, pink floyd, and hendrix over anything that "metal" has ever produced.
                          I wonder how much 'metal' you've actually listened to in order to form that opinion. The notion that there is an absence of melody in Iron Maiden is laughable....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

totally agree bin. and although i've never been a huge fan, there's plenty of melody in judas priest also. maybe they're the ones he's on about.

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                              Has anybody mentioned these three yet?

Indeedio, I did - but I reckon you could also pick the three beginning with Beggars Banquet, I love that album. (And I prefer it in the original, i.e., 'non-original' RSVP, sleeve!)

Or, even, begin the three with Sticky Fingers, and end with Goats Head Soup.
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Megadeth?
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...