X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    And Waters is such hypocritical prick. Fuck him and his anti-war stance when he sucked the dick of EMI - who are a known missile weapons manufacturer - for years.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Oops.... did I just make it easier for Kristy to bash Zeppelin and Floyd in the same thread?
      Nope. I'm pretty much done with Zeppelin. Unless that plagiarist limey bastard sticks his head out and goes through another mid-life type of crisis like he did when he joined the Black Crowes. What gets me if that Plant is now this self-professed Americana singer trying to hump the likes of Allison Krauss and Patti Griffith like he was 25.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Paggie must have figured in Britain you could rip off all those American musicians and nobody would notice.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, you can't really blame the guy for that........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Have you listened to that "Band Of Joy" nonsense he's doing? It's awful. And that makes me sad because I happen to like Patti Griffin

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Well, you can't really blame the guy for that........

He looks like Sammy fucking Hagar in that photo. All he needs to do now is bang on the window and try and sell us a bottle of tequila.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

breathe; breathe in the air. don't be afraid to care.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Have you listened to that "Band Of Joy" nonsense he's doing? It's awful. And that makes me sad because I happen to like Patti Griffin
                  Band of Joy? Wasn't that the group he and Bonzo were in BEFORE Zeppelin? Like when Plant was fucking 16 years old??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    I don't own one Pink Floyd album. I remember seeing The Wall in the theater and going what the fuck? What a journey into madness that was. A mixture of depressing British culture with drugs basically.
                    I also don't own a Pink Floyd album and pretty much feel the same way you do. I just don't get it..
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I respect Plant for realizing that a Led Zep reunion would inevitably disappoint and just doing whatever he wants.

Yeah, he's old. But the songs on those Americana records are good.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I suppose in his age and with the amount of money he has (more than God by last estimates) Plant can do anything he wants including rehashing Zep songs - without Zeppelin.

It still sucks though

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Probably as good of a time as any to throw in Pink Floyd's first performance in 25 years (which unfortunately also turned out to be their last).....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Heater
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2010

Now, is Dave's desperation country shit any better than plant's post-Zep rehashes? Fuck nope! Plant never had to grovel, sell out or embarrass his legacy. But our Davey? It's a shame that "Jump" is VH's "Stairway". But then Cowboy Dave and his blinding ego make it that much worse. it reminds me of how Pete's Brother paraphrased one of FORD's pompous,inaccurate journalistic manifestos and made both look that much more.......

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Dave still has the voice. About it, really.

Comment

• jpage78
                                Groupie
                                • Sep 2011

An ironic statement, given the number of times the Zeppelin catalog has been released, remastered, and repackaged over the last 25 years.

Not that Grant had anything to do with that- he was already dead before their first round of CD's came out. But obviously Jimmy Page didn't take his old manager's word on the subject very seriously.

Oops.... did I just make it easier for Kristy to bash Zeppelin and Floyd in the same thread?
                                Jimmy Page is a victim of his own unwillingness to step outside himself...therefore he has resorted to whoring out his own legacy in various digital formats. Sad really. Last "good" thing Page did was Coverdale Page and that was nearly 20 years ago (despite what people think of David Coverdale, he did at least extract some inspire solos and songs from Page). Since then? A brief stint as Robert Plant's solo band guitar player (Page & Plant), a brief couple of tours with the Black Crowes, and the Zep reunion four years ago. Whoop de shit.

Catalog whoring is old had, and quite honestly Van Halen hasn't participated in NEARLY as much as their 70's contemporaries. I fear that the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because Ed and Al are too lazy to do it, not because they have anything against it. There's loads of live recordings and demo recordings that need a clean up and release. That would be a goldmine.

Comment

Working...