Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

In my career in broadcasting I've met my share of celebs. Hands down, the nicest of them was Davy. Got to spend a couple of hours with him. Great guy. Makes it even more sad for me.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Fucking crazy...now another reason to throw at peeps when they complain about cigs.....When your number comes up...

"He was a vegetarian, and there was not an ounce of fat on the guy," Jacobson said. "He lived on the beach in Florida and ran miles every morning. This is the last person I expected this to happen to. He couldn't have been in better shape."

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Rob Zombie keeps posting Monkee videos on my Facebook page

Comment

• Green Manalishi
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2010

When I was a small child in the late '60's , the Monkees were guaranteed big - dumb fun . Maybe it's a guilty pleasure but I gotta admit

that I really like some of their songs . Maybe this a " Heads - Up " to all of us to get your ticker checked . RIP Davey J .

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

shocking of course...i read he performed just 10 days ago in Oklahoma...his current wife #3 was only 33

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
              When I was a small child in the late '60's , the Monkees were guaranteed big - dumb fun . Maybe it's a guilty pleasure but I gotta admit

that I really like some of their songs . Maybe this a " Heads - Up " to all of us to get your ticker checked . RIP Davey J .
              Well, this is the fucked up thing of it all.... he apparently DID have his ticker checked recently, stress test and all, and was told by his doctor that he had the heart of a 25 year old.

Go figure....... shit just fucking happens sometimes.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                And that badmouthing of Marsha Brady better stop quick !!

That woman is a saint !!

Who's bad mouthing? Everyone whacked off to the saint and her competing goddess Susan Dey.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Well, this is the fucked up thing of it all.... he apparently DID have his ticker checked recently, stress test and all, and was told by his doctor that he had the heart of a 25 year old.

Go figure....... shit just fucking happens sometimes.
                  It happens. Hey we are just bags of water in a world full of sharp corners. I'm amazed most of us last as long as we do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    Fucking crazy...now another reason to throw at peeps when they complain about cigs.....When your number comes up...

"He was a vegetarian, and there was not an ounce of fat on the guy," Jacobson said. "He lived on the beach in Florida and ran miles every morning. This is the last person I expected this to happen to. He couldn't have been in better shape."
                    When I was in the Rotary Club in Boise, Idaho I helped run some charity fundraisers. Of course you always invited Esther and JR. Simplot. Mr. Simplot was worth something like $14 billion. At one function I was sitting at the same table as the old man and he was telling us about how he took his first ski lesson at age 87 and on the fourth day he was parallel skiing the intermediate runs. I said Mr. Simplot how to you do it at your age and he said he gave up smoking at age 82 and doesn't jog. LOL! He was a pretty funny guy.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      It happens. Hey we are just bags of water in a world full of sharp corners. I'm amazed most of us last as long as we do.
                      Cool saying , funny but true
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Dec 2008

Sorry to hear about this...what a shame he died so young! I remember watching the Monkees show on Sunday morning reruns......Always loved "Pleasant Valley Sunday" since I first heard it.

RIP Davy Jones.
                        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          When I was in the Rotary Club in Boise, Idaho I helped run some charity fundraisers. Of course you always invited Esther and JR. Simplot. Mr. Simplot was worth something like $14 billion. At one function I was sitting at the same table as the old man and he was telling us about how he took his first ski lesson at age 87 and on the fourth day he was parallel skiing the intermediate runs. I said Mr. Simplot how to you do it at your age and he said he gave up smoking at age 82 and doesn't jog. LOL! He was a pretty funny guy.
                          Apparently there must be more calcium in potatoes than I realized. Skiing at 87?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Yup. They showed him on the news making nice S turns down a run up at Bogus Basin ski area. The man was not exactly the sit down and do nothing type and he kept up on things. He was particularly interested in making education better and more affordable using software and computers. He said education should be cheaper than ever with the technology we have. I agree but then education is rigged just like gas prices and healthcare are.

He actually donated a very expensive reading program to the state department of education. Every student got free books and videos. Then the school districts started nixing the program and using something else. District superintendents and the district managers don't get any kick back money when billionares just go ahead and buy the program. Nobody makes any money that way. Why we spend so much per student and get lousy results is everyone's hand is in the cookie jar and actually teaching something is not the main objective. Making an easy buck is.

He also had a big ass hill in front of his house. Kids were welcome to sled it if they wanted to. People said kids would get hurt and they would sue Mr. Simplot because he had deep pockets. I never heard of a lawsuit ever happening.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-01-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

My youth came after the Monkees were done their "first run" of fame...

But I latched onto them big time when they started re-airing the episodes on MTV in the 80's. I used to watch it religiously.

There was definitely talent there, and it was always fun to watch.

This is really sad.
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Sad. Can't add much more than what you guys have already stated here. I was shocked when it came over the radio yesterday and a cloud of glum suddenly appeared. Sad indeed. Thankful for the memories. Was a lot of silly fun back in a time when it was okay to be silly.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...