Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

My cable company caries Antenna TV but ironically to get Antenna TV I have to pay the cable company extra to get it and it's a digital signal. LOL!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Juat watched 3 episodes back-to-back-to-back with my GF's 9 yr old son............

he laughed his guts out!

Nice to see the old stuff still stands the test of time...........

PLayed him "last Train to Clarksville" in the car today on the way to his hockey game...he dug it

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        My cable company caries Antenna TV but ironically to get Antenna TV I have to pay the cable company extra to get it and it's a digital signal. LOL!
        I would guess that your TV's digital tuner would probably pick up the station if you bypassed the cable box.

Cable companies are legally prohibited from scrambling any local broadcast channels, and even though Antenna TV is nationally syndicated, it's still broadcast digitally from each city where it's available.

Pretty sure that all TV's made since the switch to digital broadcasting are equipped with QAM tuners, which will pick up any unscrambled channels available in your local area.

If you go to this page and put in your local zip code, it will tell you what channels should be available: http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The nearest affiliate station is in Pocatello, Idaho. That's 90 miles from here as the bird flies but another problem is there are mountains between there and here. Even if I had an antanna I probably wouldn't pick up shit. It's called Jackson's Hole for a reason. It's a valley surrounded by some big ass mountains. I can't even fly a plane due west of our airport on a warm day because I won't clear the mountains.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No you don't need an antenna to pick it up. It should be on your cable, unencrypted. I can't get shit on an antenna around here either, despite the fact that I live at the top of a hill,more or less.

I don't think broadcast signals are as strong as they used to be. I remember watching Sesame Street when I was a kid, not from the PBS station in Seattle, but from the CBC station in Vancouver BC. And that was 150 miles away on a TV with fucking rabbit ears!

Good luck trying to do that now... analog, digital, or otherwise.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Too many good songs: ALL OF YOUR TOYS, DAYDREAM BELIEVER, RANDY SCOUSE GIT, WORDS, VALLERI, I WANNA BE FREE, THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, PORPOISE SONG, LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE, SOMETIME IN THE MORNING, SHE HANGS OUT, TAKE A GIANT STEP...many more.

R.I.P. Davy.
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jack68
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Head was interesting to watch to say the least.That marathon was pretty cool...
                "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                  Just watched 3 episodes back-to-back-to-back with my GF's 9 yr old son............

he laughed his guts out!
                  Ah...the innocence of youth.

And good on you for spending quality time with the boy. A lot of guys have a hard time with that.....even when it's their own kid.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Ah...the innocence of youth.

And good on you for spending quality time with the boy. A lot of guys have a hard time with that.....even when it's their own kid.
                    Thanks man!

Good kid...makes it easy.....

I figured out how to play "Last Train to Clarksville" this weekend just so I can crack him up when I'm playing.......

Now...I need to teach him the Keyboard lick to "I'm a Believer" so we both can jam on something! LMAO

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Matt White
                      Thanks man!

Good kid...makes it easy.....

I figured out how to play "Last Train to Clarksville" this weekend just so I can crack him up when I'm playing.......

Now...I need to teach him the Keyboard lick to "I'm a Believer" so we both can jam on something! LMAO
                      used to play pleasant valley sunday in a cover band many moons ago .. used to love beefing the riff up
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jack68
                        Head was interesting to watch to say the least.That marathon was pretty cool...
                        I'd forgotten how weird that movie was. If I had known that was how they were going to end the marathon, I would have tried to find some drugs to make it make sense.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jack68
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          I'd forgotten how weird that movie was. If I had known that was how they were going to end the marathon, I would have tried to find some drugs to make it make sense.
                          Its bizarre really that movie.I actually put on Elephant parts the other day.Its still great.

Comment

• Jack68
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Havent seen this..

Comment

Working...