Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    They opened for Priest in Toronto around 2005 and it sucked ass! The band came out and started playing, Tate strolls out to cheers and then proceeds to stand motionless on stage singing. Then as the song winds down he walks slowly off the stage. Band goes into the next song...Tate strolls out and stands motionless and sings. Repeat for entire set.

Boring as hell!!!
    I was there. Totally lame. Seen them twice opening for Metallica in '89 and opening for Ozzy in '87 (Rage tour). I couldn't stop laughing at their
    douchey costumes. Very ghey look. The only thing that saved the Mindcrime shows was the on screen visuals. Tate is the worst frontman in Rock/Metal...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      They opened for Priest in Toronto around 2005 and it sucked ass! The band came out and started playing, Tate strolls out to cheers and then proceeds to stand motionless on stage singing. Then as the song winds down he walks slowly off the stage. Band goes into the next song...Tate strolls out and stands motionless and sings. Repeat for entire set.

Boring as hell!!!

Funny thing is some reviewers rip on Dave about how he can't sing perfect. But just look how much of a great frontman he is. Tate sings perfect and is fucking lame. Which would you rather have? Which would the fans rather have? People go to shows to have fun. Geoff tate is not fun.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Sorry to see Tate self-destruct....had some unique features.....the notes can be replaced but the tone will not be...

RIP QR.

Won a radio contest to see them and Whitesnake in Seattle. Great Gig as afterwords got to see "The Tempest" at the Rep Theater also.

RIP QR.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
          Sniper
          • Jan 2006

Wow I haven't seen Geoff Tate in years, the bald magician look was a bit startling to me. He is playing a solo show at club called The Canyon in LA area on June 7th. Maybe he already split with QR.
          Last edited by GreenBayLA; 05-16-2012, 05:04 AM.
          "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

This is nuts. Tate really needs to get looked at, like Judy Gunderson's son's penis.
            Oh well...

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Saw QR but it was so lame I don't remember the time, place, or songs.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                Wow I haven't seen Geoff Tate in years, the bald magician look was a bit startling to me. He is playing a solo show at club called The Canyon in LA area on June 7th. Maybe he already split with QR.

Just Google Queensryche Cabaret

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Just Google Queensryche Cabaret

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Is Tate a fruit? Wow. I guess I haven't paid attention in awhile. He looks fucking weird! Can still sing though.

Comment

• Whorehey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Sonofabitch!!! I got sucked into this AGAIN!!!
                      I got one of those boxes you can watch YouTubes
                      on your TV with. Watching QR at M3 and even the
                      fucking dogs walked out of the room. How painful.
                      This band looks morose and just going thru the motions.
                      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Whorehey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

I just fast forwarded thru "Jet City Woman"
                        because I absolutely hate that fucking song.
                        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Last summer in NYC had to choose between QR or a Pink Floyd Cover band and opted for the latter after watching a few youtubes of their shows...never regretted it...
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I just found them their new singer...this guy is pretty good...and the keyboard player is insane!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Is Tate a fruit? Wow. I guess I haven't paid attention in awhile. He looks fucking weird! Can still sing though.
                              4 kids and his wife is their manager.

He does seem to suffer from PMS though.

The last time I saw them 6 years ago he acted like a total huffy pissy dick to the audience from the start for no understandable reason. This after I had spent 5 hours travelling to the gig.

I think his problem is that he doesn't like heavy rock music and that they completely peaked 20 years ago and in every way have been inferior ever since.

Compare this performance to what they have become.

Apparently the last album was a sack of shit. I never got past the second song which was about someone addicted to wireless internet hotspots...
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                ... I never got past the second song which was about someone addicted to wireless internet hotspots...
                                Wow! At least with drugs you had the kind of romantic artist thing going on - addicted to internet hotpsots. Far out. Fellas on another planet.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...