Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Saw QR open up for Heaven and Hell and Alice Cooper several years ago. They were the first band to play on the three band bill.

The crowd response was, at best, lukewarm. It'd be hard for me to imagine that even if QR get the Operation Mindcrime lineup back together, or if Tate left, or if Degarmo came back and Tate left...whatever lineup jumble took place...that the drawing power would really be that much more or less with any permutation these days.

I mean, it's basically just fighting over whatever nostalgic crumbs and scraps are left from their heyday, which is...what...twenty-odd years behind them?

It's not as if the definitive lineup is the key to QR headlining arenas.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I had dinner with a friend a few days ago who is a major fan of theirs......they are his favorite band....he filled me in on all the dirt.....basically, the band is fucking tired of Geoff's second wife managing the band....it has become like Spinal Tap.....that fucked up Cabaret Tour they did a couple of years back was her idea.....and half the time I see any sort of press release coming from the QR camp these days is about how Geoff is doing a solo show at some goddamn winery for a "wine-tasting" event......

I can see releasing booze under your name....Lemmy.....Slash.....but come ON. When fucking Geoff Tate releases his own fucking wine, and starts being a fucking suave wino motherfucker, you know he is fucking out of it.
      Quite obvious he has just been doing QR gigs for the money for the past few years.

And his fucking wife is responsible for a lot of the fucking lame shit they have been doing over the past 10 years, aside from the fucking Cabaret shit. As in "musical direction".

My friend says that the band is fucking sick of her shit, and knows the only way to get rid of her is to get rid of the fat bald creep with the eyeliner as well.

I saw them open for Metallica in February of 1989, and have seen them 10 or 11 times since then.....they are one of only 3 or 4 bands I have seen that many times.

YES....they WERE a great band at one time. BACK IN THE FUCKING DAY!

But I purposely missed them this past November, as the time before that...well....I posted a detailed explanation somewhere....but the search function must be fucked up....unless we lost 4 years worth of posts.....I do a general search for Queensryche and it skips from 2009 back to 2005....anyway it was that fucked up show in 2009 or 2010 where they trotted Lita Ford and her hubby out for 3 songs.....and at some point had a couple of other people to come out and sing a couple of songs....I did not recognize the singers or the shit they were singing......that was when I knew I was tired of their shit, and THAT SHOW was when it struck me that Geoff's "suave and sophisticated" stage persona was the lamest fucking stage presence I had ever seen from a major frontman.

I got really pissed off about it.....not to mention the security peeps were out in force that night and were running around threatening people like yours truly who were trying to take photos.....in a CLUB no less.....

I love their early stuff....was glad to meet some of the guys in the band a couple of times, but they need to trim the fat.....

I feel sorry for Parker....he is stuck in the middle of all this soap opera shit and there is nothing he can do about it.....

The wifey is the reason DeGarmo quit and would not come back. I have heard the band has been talking to him lately....as they know the only chance they have of regaining any sort of glory is to get him back in the band.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's worth remembering they did some pretty dodgy work while DeGarmo was still in the band so even if he did come back it's doubtful they could do anything relevant with a new singer.

This band is so spent it's incredible. Time to hang up their boots, they can always pretend to make friends again in 5 years and do a reunion nostalgia tour.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's worth remembering they did some pretty dodgy work while DeGarmo was still in the band so even if he did come back it's doubtful they could do anything relevant with a new singer.

This band is so spent it's incredible. Time to hang up their boots, they can always pretend to make friends again in 5 years and do a reunion nostalgia tour.
          The only thing I'd say would qualify as "dodgy" while Degarmo was around was "Promised Land" which IIRC was his last work with them (he co-wrote a couple of 'Mindcrime II' songs, didn't he though?). He was their primary songwriter during their heyday, and it shows.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

all these post made me go check out mindcrime and empire again i listened to them since the very early 90's ...surprised my self i quite enjoyed them
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              all these post made me go check out mindcrime and empire again i listened to them since the very early 90's ...surprised my self i quite enjoyed them
              IMO, Operation: Mindcrime and Empire are their zenith. Even if Degarmo hadn't left it'd be hard to ever top those two. I mean, Rage for Order is cool too, but those 2 CDs were just amazing, and still stand up today.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

will defo check out more stuff. but ive a feeling that there is a reason i stopped listening to them and judging by most of the posts it sounds like quality control

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

that or geoff tates mullet

Comment

• Mushroom
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2009

I felt at the time Empire was the beginning of the end. Several great songs but not on par with Operation Mindcrime. I am glad I never wasted my time and money after Empire. Everything since then is contrived and tired.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Yes...O:MC and Empire WERE their Zenith. They began the downhill slide after Empire.

Time to hang it up guys.

Comment

• Whorehey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Let's face it. The bar was set pretty high with the EP.
                        The Warning sounded like mud. While RFO has
                        some great songs, my first exposure to it was the
                        video for "Gonna Get Close to You" on MTV. I couldn't
                        get into it for a long time.
                        I looked at the back of the album, they had these
                        ridiculous looking costumes on. I agree with
                        "J" , O:MC and Empire were their zenith. With the exception
                        of "Jet City Woman", and "Della Brown", or whatever the fuck
                        it's called.
                        Promised Land came out in what '94, '95? Pretty fucking sad.
                        Hear in the Now Frontier, Q2K, Tribe, O:Mc2, the covers Cd,
                        American Soldier, whatever the fuck their latest
                        abortion is called...Just curious...how many
                        CDs of mediocrity did I miss?
                        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                          IMO, Operation: Mindcrime and Empire are their zenith. Even if Degarmo hadn't left it'd be hard to ever top those two. I mean, Rage for Order is cool too, but those 2 CDs were just amazing, and still stand up today.
                          We need a new acronym - IEO

In Everyone's Opinion Mindcrime was their Zenith.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Their best song....
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• loucap81
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2012

They were in my neck of the woods about a year ago at the Keswick Theatre which seats 1300. My younger brother snuck in through a back door (really laid back venue that's right in back of a residential neighborhood), said it was about half full and it was just a really lame performance. Time to hang it up is right.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

They're playing Rocklahoma right now, you can tune in on HDnet and watch it live. They've broadcast today's bands live all day. I get it on direct tv
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...