Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

*Yawn*
    Some crappy early 90's hair band wants some free press.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
      *Yawn*
      The 80's were actually their heyday but in the end its Queensryche so whatever.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

*Yawn*
        Yeah, pretty sure their EP came out in '83, oh uninformed one.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          Yeah, pretty sure their EP came out in '83, oh uninformed one.
          82 actually. (Though that was the indie local release, of course)
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

And yet, I am so glad I don't know any of this.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Too late. You have read it. You know it now, idiot.

Go fuck yourself, bitch.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

And yet, I am so glad I don't know any of this.
                That should be your answer to every single fucking thing in life.

I haven't figured out why you'd give any other answer and waste anyone's time.

Just tell them the truth.....YOU DON'T KNOW A FUCKING THING.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Now DAT be original....mine is EMI America vinyl....

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I only wish I still had that record, because I did have an original 206 pressing. Just one of those records that disappeared over the years along with some picture discs, and my copy of McCartney's Russian album.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I can't imagine that the new Tate album will be up to much. That being said, even if it was amazing he's going to get kicked from pillar to post in the reviews because he's managing to out-Axl Axl in the maniachal-asshole stakes......
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                          I can't imagine that the new Tate album will be up to much. That being said, even if it was amazing he's going to get kicked from pillar to post in the reviews because he's managing to out-Axl Axl in the maniachal-asshole stakes......
                          parker put up a teaser snippet from the other ryche, sounded cool
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            What he said ! Really ? Who cares ! Fucking band hasn't done a thing in 20 years.
                            What he said again. Weiland was kicked out of S.T.P. this week, can we do 12 pages on that ? At least they had good songs !

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Former Guitarist For GEOFF TATE's QUEENSRŸCHE Performs With 'Real' QUEENSRŸCHE - Mar. 8, 2013

Blabbermouth.net focuses on the latest heavy metal and hard rock news, reviews and music featuring tour dates and release dates

Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover — who left Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band — joined the Todd La Torre-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE on stage lst night (Thursday, March 7) at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to perform the QUEENSRŸCHE classic "Take Hold Of The Flame".

Commented the band: "Great show in Toronto last night and a special thanks to Glen Drover for coming out and joining us on stage — it was a blast!!"

Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

In a posting on his Twitter account earlier this week, Glen wrote: "Going up onstage with the REAL QUEENSRŸCHE and play 'Take Hold Of The Flame' this thursday at the Phoenix in Toronto. Going to be fun stuff!"

Drover announced his departure from Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE last November. He explained in a statement: "I am really sorry to say that I have decided to bow out of Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE. I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it's in my best interest not to do this right now. I feel really bad for those who were excited about the idea, and to Geoff himself, who, I have to say, was very nice to me on my past trip to Seattle. I, of course, am very disappointed for arriving at this point, and making this decision, to say the least. I sincerely wish the Geoff and the band all the luck on what they do in the future."

The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has inked a deal with Century Media Records for the release of the band's new studio album. Due on June 11, the CD marks the debut release from the lineup comprised of La Torre (vocals; ex-CRIMSON GLORY), Michael Wilton (guitar), Parker Lundgren (guitar), Eddie Jackson (bass) and Scott Rockenfield (drums).

The Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has set "Frequency Unknown" as the title of its new album, due on April 23 via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records. The CD was produced by Jason Slater at a studio in Northern California.

Although a lineup for Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed. The band will now feature Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT), guitarist Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE 1998-2001), keyboardist Randy Gane and new additions, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, RHINO BUCKET). Guest musicians on the CD include K.K. Downing (JUDAS PRIEST), Chris Poland (MEGADETH), Ty Tabor (KING'S X), Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS), Lita Ford, Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER), Dave Meniketti (Y&T) and Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN).

They are going to be here in Gnashville Tuesday, but I can't go as I have a project deadline I have to meet.

Todd sounds great. I wish I could be there, but such is life.

Fuck tater. I sincerely hope that when he takes his bunch of hired hands out on tour, they find ever-diminishing audience sizes.

I have seen them at least 10-11 times already, so it is not something that I am bothered by.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Glenn Drover? Isn't he kinda like a wannabe Vivian Campbell band whore? Megadeth, fake Queensrych, less fake Queensryche, who else?

I just wish those guys could all hate each other like many co-workers do but still "work" together for 2 hours a few nights a week. Their music that they made together is too good to throw it away and apart no one really gives a shit. (Not that many people gave a shit with them together. Not like they could headline an arena tour with or without the original lineup. But separated they will be lucky to fill a 5000 seat ampitheater even with a couple other bands on the bill)

Have to give a lot of credit to RATT. They are doing it with the full original lineup. They all finally wised up, swallowed their pride, and realized they can't make shit for money with replacements.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...