I saw Kiss and Motley Crue last night

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Maybe it was your first time seeing them....I don't know....I don't really go to shows for pyro.....doesn't do much for me. Kiss....O.K......the pyro has always been there...comes with the territory. I can't get too excited to see the same songs over and over at a Crue show anymore. I tried to get into it, wanted to get into it, but just couldn't. I love the Crue...always have....but for me their first 3 albums are their best and they played a combined total of 3 songs from those albums. Keep the stupid drum roller coaster and the pyro and give me something a little more rockin' than S.O.S. and Don't go away mad and maybe you'll be onto something. I saw them a few years ago at the same venue and they were incredible....saw them a few years before that with megadeth and they were amazing.....this time around....not so much. Sorry.....that show was BORING!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I found out recently my pals wife genuinely thought the Crue song was called 'Too FAT for love' and sang that along to it.
      That is pretty funny....reminded me of an old buddy who thought the lyrics to metallica's 'Don't Tread On Me' were.....Soviet...threaten no more....rather than So be it.....threaten no more.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
        Maybe it was your first time seeing them....I don't know....I don't really go to shows for pyro.....doesn't do much for me. Kiss....O.K......the pyro has always been there...comes with the territory. I can't get too excited to see the same songs over and over at a Crue show anymore. I tried to get into it, wanted to get into it, but just couldn't. I love the Crue...always have....but for me their first 3 albums are their best and they played a combined total of 3 songs from those albums. Keep the stupid drum roller coaster and the pyro and give me something a little more rockin' than S.O.S. and Don't go away mad and maybe you'll be onto something. I saw them a few years ago at the same venue and they were incredible....saw them a few years before that with megadeth and they were amazing.....this time around....not so much. Sorry.....that show was BORING!
        2 nights ago was my second time seeing them. I first saw them in 2008 when I was 16. They musically sounded better last time, but I said this before and I'll say it again. Theatrically, they put on an A-MAZING show. People go to the shows to see them do the hits, what they remember most. Sure I would like them to do some more "deep cuts" but thats the way it goes. Its just like how people complained that Van Halen didn't do enough off of ADKOT during the tour.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• fourthcoming

I was surprised just how much pyro they did have. i had never seen the crue with that much before.....maybe they felt compelled because they were playing with Kiss. i don't know dude...maybe I'm just turning into an old fart. It's pretty stupid of me to expect deeper cuts from them.....it's just that only say 5 years ago they put on a killer show with plenty of deep cuts. My girl saw them not too long ago at madison square garden front row and they opened with Toast of the Town!!! I think the only band I truly get excited to see anymore is VH....maybe a few other exceptions. I think for me anyway, there are a few bands I have just seen too many times. I was happy to see the place packed though....still plenty of fans of both groups. I wish I could have enjoyed it more but unfortunately I didn't. I'm glad you enjoyed it...I'm not saying your wrong for having a great time. The difference with VH is people wanted to hear the new VH tunes because they are killer......the new Crue tunes suck IMO.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Next show: Megadeth.....Nov 10 paramount theater......great, small venue......Fraroc....is that where your seeing kansas?

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Next show: Megadeth.....Nov 10 paramount theater......great, small venue......Fraroc....is that where your seeing kansas?
              Can't tell me your not exited about that,I am exited for you

If it is the same set list they have been playing recently you are in for a good night although a little rearranging and song swapping would be nice.Like Skin o' my teeth to open instead of trust,Swap A Tout Le Monde for Promises,Ditch She-Wolf for Good Mourning/Black Friday or Devil's Island,and play Tornado of Souls.I would love to hear Liar too

anyhow have fun and PM me with a full review
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Why Megadeth continue to open with 'Trust' is beyond me......
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  Can't tell me your not exited about that,I am exited for you

If it is the same set list they have been playing recently you are in for a good night although a little rearranging and song swapping would be nice.Like Skin o' my teeth to open instead of trust,Swap A Tout Le Monde for Promises,Ditch She-Wolf for Good Mourning/Black Friday or Devil's Island,and play Tornado of Souls.I would love to hear Liar too

anyhow have fun and PM me with a full review
                  Of course I will let you know about the show DB....it would be unconstitutional of me not to. From my understanding, I believe they are playing countdown to Extinction in its entirity.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I heard the same thing yes,That will be awesome.I am looking forward to Architecture of Aggression and Captive Honour.In fact the whole set.I love countdown start to finnish

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

'Ashes In Your Mouth'.

FUCKING INCREDIBLE.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Architecture of aggression may be my fav Deth song ...it's up there with peace sells . They would have to dook it out
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

But is it as good as Maisonette of mildness?

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Thread derailed .My bad

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Yep and I'm really fucking excited for that one!
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...