Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

I don't know where to put this video but in it Sammy is wearing a classic "I eat 'em raw" shirt with bum-bag!

Who's going to own up to wearing a fanny pack in the early 90's? ha ha I did!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think Sam's shirt was an homage to salad tossing!

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

The fact that Dave and the boys are playing giant football stadiums and enema bag is playing in shitty dive bars and tiny theatres is just more and more proof that Spam's overall mean-spiritedness to Eddie is coming back to fuck him up.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
          The fact that Dave and the boys are playing giant football stadiums and enema bag is playing in shitty dive bars and tiny theatres is just more and more proof that Spam's overall mean-spiritedness to Eddie is coming back to fuck him up.
          What giant football stadium???
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Yount
            Commando
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fraroc
            ...more proof that Spam's overall mean-spiritedness to Eddie is coming back to fuck him up.
            Maybe there's some karmic retribution in play here but Sammy is just a plain Jane average vocalist, that explains the difference in venue size more accurately.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Saw the Stones twice in a football stadium with 69,999 of my closest friends. Nothing quite like it....
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry

...there were a few decent guitar-oriented ideas to be found among the Van Hagar drek, and the presence of Sammy made listening to them even more depressing than, say, When It's Love or something along those lines...where I wouldn't even WANT to hear Roth make an attempt to sing over that stuff.

I think AFU, Black and Blue, Source of Infection and Sucker in a 3 Piece each had sporadic moments of the classic sound and vibe. Enough to make me think that, for as much as Ed wanted to venture forth into the realm of Journey softness with his keyboard tunes, even he knew he could never fully strip himself away from his signature dirty, raw sound and style. Even the way the guitars were recorded on those songs were a pinch reminiscent of VH II. The same atmospheric sound from miking the back of the cabinets was there. On the follow up to that CD, I thought Runaround and parts of Pleasuredome had a vintage musical feel to it. More wasted ideas. Such a drag.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

0u8her2 isn't even a good solo Sammy album, let alone a VH album. And that's all I call the Van Hagar albums. Solo Sammy with a good band. Black and Blue was o.k. And Sucker. I mean Hot For Teacher was only 4 years earlier. Ed's worst guitar tone his whole career.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

I've never heard this album. But now I'm on Spotify listening it for the first time.

The first thing I notice is sound. With Dave they had some subtle melancholy and tounge in cheek, humorous, kinda charming and flirtatious sound. Hard to explain. Well, that's definitelly gone.

Edit: Damn, how long is this first song?? An hour? That's what it feels like...
                    Last edited by envy_me; 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM.
                    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Second song... Is this Tina Turner??? With some Whitesnake.

Love the backing vocals: naa, naa, naaa, naaaaa, na, na.. So hardcore.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                        Second song... Is this Tina Turner??? With some Whitesnake.

Love the backing vocals: naa, naa, naaa, naaaaa, na, na.. So hardcore.
                        Sounds like a bunch of sheep..... which is appropriate, considering the sheep were the only ones who considered this piece of velveeta drenched crap to be "music"
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                          Saw the Stones twice in a football stadium with 69,999 of my closest friends. Nothing quite like it....

totally!

what you lose in sound and being close to the band, you gain in just the event & spectacle of it all. I will always prefer stadium shows to all others.

I've been with a dozen friends & it was a huge party. I've been alone & it was a huge party. Just nothing quite like 70,000 people singing along to a great song.

Mick..."pleased to meet you..."

70,000 fans ....."WHOOO HOOOO"

Mick...."hope you guess my name..."

70,000 fans...."WHOOO HOOOO"
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                            Sounds like a bunch of sheep..... which is appropriate, considering the sheep were the only ones who considered this piece of velveeta drenched crap to be "music"
                            Hey, wait now there. What did sheep ever do to you

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                              Hey, wait now there. What did sheep ever do to you
                              Obviously you don't know the history of the Pasture Dump and VH Links.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

Naturally wired. Wow, you are Sammy, you are.
                                Now we know what it would sound like if sammy ever gave birth.

Comment

Working...