Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

If I was to make a compilation of BJ (Bon Jovi, not Blow Job), it would have 10 tracks at the most. From the first album to Keep The Faith (If I Was Your Mother is a great song, I must admit, along with Dry County.. The other songs on KTF suck donkey balls)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by philouze
      If I was to make a compilation of BJ (Bon Jovi, not Blow Job), it would have 10 tracks at the most. From the first album to Keep The Faith (If I Was Your Mother is a great song, I must admit, along with Dry County.. The other songs on KTF suck donkey balls)
      Yeah, ten might be a chore but doable I s'pose. The song Keep The Faith was a decent enough attempt at departing the fluff hair metal sound. It was the mid '90s and he knew better than to dabble with grunge, so fair enough tune. Jon actually did a solo album a few years after that had a song or two I could tolerate. I think the single was Midnight in Chelsea (?) or something like that. That was ok.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by philouze

9800 was decent. That was the first Bon Jovi I ever bought. Still like Runaway. But hey, you gotta hand it to them. They adapted to what their fans wanted and have stayed popular & relevant for this entire time. Def Leppard tried to adapt in the same fashion & just went full suck. Which is very odd because Def Lep was 100x stronger to begin with. Guess it was bound to happen when their most talented parts either died or got chopped off.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

If JBJ was only as attractive as, say, Lemmy from Motörhead, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There's your staying power.

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            9800 was decent. That was the first Bon Jovi I ever bought. Still like Runaway. But hey, you gotta hand it to them. They adapted to what their fans wanted and have stayed popular & relevant for this entire time. Def Leppard tried to adapt in the same fashion & just went full suck. Which is very odd because Def Lep was 100x stronger to begin with. Guess it was bound to happen when their most talented parts either died or got chopped off.
            Def Leppard died the day Stephen Maynard Clark died. IMO.

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              If JBJ was only as attractive as, say, Lemmy from Motörhead, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There's your staying power.
              But fuck, I'd rather listen to The Chase Is Better Than The Catch than listening to In These Arms...

Comment

Working...