Hair Metal bands that actually ROCKED (opinion war starts NOW!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by lesfunk
    He's such a musical drummer. His parts not only hold it down but orchestrate the tune
    His solo CD is amazing. Highly recommended. Depressing, but great.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Another guilty pleasure of mine at the time was TNT. I loved the Ronni Le Tekro sound and style. Was almost like Brian May on steroids. I even liked the singer, Tony Harnell. I listened to some of that stuff not to long ago though, and it did not hold up well over time.

Again, I don't really know that this stuff would be considered "hair" metal or not. Perhaps the thread could be re-named "late 80s bands that actually ROCKED".

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Tesla, Great White & Dokken worked for me. There was some real music going on in their song's. I can tolerate some Poison & Ratt once in awhile. Uncle Toms Cabin was a great song ! I liked Vitto Bratta but not his singer. Lights & Thunder & All You Need Is Rock & Roll were cool songs. I remember Guitar world saying in a review or something that if the Sex Pistols wrote Talk Dirty to Me it would be considered brilliant ! I thought it was a good point. C.C. had a few cool riffs. I listen too whatever my ears like or they are in the mood for. If it's Sabbath or Tom T. Hall ! I LIKE BEER ! There was alot of great songs from the 80's. Shit, records were flyin' off the shelfs that decade for a reason. What's wrong with fun music ? It's only rock n' roll !

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It was gay, dude. All of it was cloaked gayety for closet 's like yourself.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Thank fuck grunge finally killed off the hair band.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Hey now, being thankful for grunge is a bit of a stretch, now isn't it?

I mean, they ushered in the douchebag lifestyle, where dating women is only done ironically.

So the gayness is still there, but with much worse "music".

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                Thank fuck grunge finally killed off the hair band.
                It would be your type of music ! Depressing & boring !

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Are you finally coming out of the closet, hale?
                  You wish. Oddly, 100% of the girls I've banged have had vaginas (unlike you, sport), sorry.

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  He would but his hands keep slipping from the grease dripping from his do.

Whatever, hair-envy. If it was greasy, girls wouldn't play in it....yet they do...

So let's review: Krust is a dude masquerading as a $2 hooker, and Cadaversock is butt hurt because he'll never be part of the

Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• big fatty
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2004

MI0002161380-1.jpg

LOUDNESS

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

It hurts me too agree with you that it was out of control. I think the Cherry Pie video was the last nail in the coffin for 80's rock. Fuck even the guy that wrote it fucking hated it. I like some grunge. Alice & Soundgarden were cool. S.T.P. is a great band. But they were more rock too me. The best 90's band too me was Brother Cane.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                        Hey now, being thankful for grunge is a bit of a stretch, now isn't it?

I mean, they ushered in the douchebag lifestyle, where dating women is only done ironically.

So the gayness is still there, but with much worse "music".

Sad it impacted the good bands of the era as well, but being in L.A. in the nineties, I can tell you something had to change. Every unsigned band had matching white leather outfits ('cause Warrant did), and bullshit "choreography" shit going on (tandem kicks and knee-bends!), and image had become more important than the music. FAIL.

I shit you not, I went on a audition for a band featuring a guitarist who went on to play in an 80s band more recently I won't mention, but at the time they had SERIOUS management and a "development" deal with a major label. Before they even listened to my tape, they're like "Will you get hair extensions? And how come you don't have any tattoos - can you get some?" Didn't get the gig, and wasn't at all broken up about it. They were douchebags... they got kicked to the curb w/o getting signed.

Oh, another pre-grunge factoid: In the early 90s my band shared a North Hollywood rehearsal studio with Hurricane Alice, IIRC?
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Sad it impacted the good bands of the era as well, but being in L.A. in the nineties, I can tell you something had to change. Every unsigned band had matching white leather outfits ('cause Warrant did), and bullshit "choreography" shit going on (tandem kicks and knee-bends!), and image had become more important than the music. FAIL.

I shit you not, I went on a audition for a band featuring a guitarist who went on to play in an 80s band more recently I won't mention, but at the time they had SERIOUS management and a "development" deal with a major label. Before they even listened to my tape, they're like "Will you get hair extensions? And how come you don't have any tattoos - can you get some?" Didn't get the gig, and wasn't at all broken up about it. They were douchebags... they got kicked to the curb w/o getting signed.

Oh, another pre-grunge factoid: In the early 90s my band shared a North Hollywood rehearsal studio with Hurricane Alice, IIRC?
                          Granted something had to change, but I wish it had changed sooner, back when people weren't so desperate that they were willing to accept grunge.

But that story IS funny, that's exactly what Steel Panther are parodying. I've heard 'em talkin' EXACTLY like that in interviews, something along the lines of "It's not how well you play, it's how much make-up you wear".

Oh, and by the way, they weren't douchebags, they were faggots. Douchebags came afterwards.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Whatever, hair-envy. If it was greasy, girls wouldn't play in it....yet they do...

I do envy you. If my hair excreted half as much oil as yours I'd load up the truck and move to Beverly, Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars.
                            TacoHale was trying to wash his hair.
                            Kinfolk said Taco get away from there.
                            All that oil belongs in a refinery.
                            With the money you could get you could move to Beverly.
                            You can guess the rest.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by big fatty
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9414[/ATTACH]

Oh Yeah, Micheal Monroe rocks. His last album was wicked. I still have the old viynal albums of " Two Steps From The Move ", and " Back To Mystery City ".

I actually met him once, briefly at a DIO/ Yngwie Malmsteen concert in December of 1985. He is one of the coolest looking rock n roll guys ever, and still kicking it nowdays.

You can YouTube him and find some cool live footage dating back to 1979, and from Seattle last year, as well as jamming on saxaphone with Aerosmith, and Duff's new band, Loaded. He is one cool cat.
                              Yeah I saw/met him a couple of years ago. Seemed like a nice guy and did a really good show.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

So let's review: Krust is a dude masquerading as a $2 hooker, and Cadaversock is butt hurt because he'll never be part of the

I knew it existed, now i have proof.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...