• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    Robert Plant's solo career is uneven.
    True enough. I'd say there are probably 20 great songs since 1981. Unfortunately, a whole lotta flab to go along with it. I love the song Little By Little off of Shaken 'n Stirred.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      Walking into Clarksdale" with Jimmy Page came with great moments.
      That album was horrendous! Clarksdale was one of those offerings where the intentions were good but the production wasn't. The mix of the recording is more than off - it's beyond terrible almost to the stage of unlistenable. The hiring of Steve Abini is a mystery. Maybe Plant and his butt-fuck buddy thought it wold be a great idea to maintain a relevance in the culture of the 90's but seeing how Plant makes his living being a singer and seeing how Albini detest singers maybe all the dope they took in the 70's was catching up with them. Clarksdale was not only a commercial flop from a production standpoint the songwriting was just as confusing and disjointed. No doubt all you Zeppelin Cretans ate it up just like you did with that Page/Coverdale nonsense or when the Black Crowes were blowing that FAT fuck for gas money. Clarksdale is not even suitable for the used CD bin much less the dumpster it sits in where many copies of that crap ended up.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Chef, I think you over cooked your brain.

That's 5:25 of my life I can't get back. Fuck you Chef!
        We get it, Von. You're obviously gay. Your homoerotic fixation for David Lee Roth is a dead giveaway.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
          We get it, Von. You're obviously gay. Your homoerotic fixation for David Lee Roth is a dead giveaway.
          Fuck. Got me.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Fuck. Got me.
            Don't worry, little boy. I'm sure a leather bar will show up in your antiquated hick town someday.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Don't worry, little boy. I'm sure a leather bar will show up in your antiquated hick town someday.
              Maybe I will open one.

You should come visit me.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Maybe I will open one.

Careful.....

It'll get pop geared
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Maybe I will open one.

Depends. Are you a bear? Bears in leather is an abomination, you know.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    Careful.....

It'll get pop geared
                    Do you think Kristy shaves?

Her moustache, not her cock. I hate a guy with a moustache.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Depends. Are you a bear? Bears in leather is an abomination, you know.
                      Is that you in your avatar? If it is, show me more.

Come on, let's take this to the ladies forum, and get freaky!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Do you think Kristy shaves?

Her moustache, not her cock. I hate a guy with a moustache.
                        Sitting around stoned all day?

She has plenty of time to Manscape.

Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

That album was horrendous! Clarksdale was one of those offerings where the intentions were good but the production wasn't. The mix of the recording is more than off - it's beyond terrible almost to the stage of unlistenable. The hiring of Steve Abini is a mystery. Maybe Plant and his butt-fuck buddy thought it wold be a great idea to maintain a relevance in the culture of the 90's but seeing how Plant makes his living being a singer and seeing how Albini detest singers maybe all the dope they took in the 70's was catching up with them. Clarksdale was not only a commercial flop from a production standpoint the songwriting was just as confusing and disjointed. No doubt all you Zeppelin Cretans ate it up just like you did with that Page/Coverdale nonsense or when the Black Crowes were blowing that FAT fuck for gas money. Clarksdale is not even suitable for the used CD bin much less the dumpster it sits in where many copies of that crap ended up.
                          Why on earth would you listen to CD's of bands that you detest?
                          You don't have to answer...it's not really important to me what you're thinking, just something for you to think about.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Christ, that album rubs me the wrong way. And just what in the hell is the use of tremolo sounds overlaying the guitars on virtually every track? OK, as an occasional effect, it's wonderful. But to make it the predominate sound all over the place becomes tedious as all hell. To add insult to injury, the actual guitar playing underneath it all isn't exactly what one could call inspired to begin with.

About the only song that holds up is "When the World Was Young," mainly because it doesn't sound like anything else on the record. It is somewhat vital and sounds fresh, as if everyone in the room actually gave a shit about sounding alert, rather than rehashing old concepts. Unfortunately, rehashing old concepts seems to be the general theme of this tired album, which is what the entire Page/Plant Unledded idea originally sprang forth from.

The only thing remotely more cynical was the dire Page/Coverdale project, which fell in upon itself due to a rare sense of taste by the American public, whose general apathy toward the enterprise caused it's entire collapse before a tour could even be arranged. And having the misbegotten mush-head Vince Neil as an opening act couldn't have helped matters.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                              Why on earth would you listen to CD's of bands that you detest?
                              You don't have to answer...it's not really important to me what you're thinking, just something for you to think about.
                              I'll listen to just about anything. Once. Give me some credit. I listened to all your failures in life, Thrills.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I'll listen to just about anything.
                                The first post in this thread is proof enough of that...

Comment

Working...