Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I don't know if it's really fair to call the Fixx a "synth pop" band. True, they came out of that era, but unlike most of those bands, they actually had a guitar player, and from this Devil's recollection (haven't listened to them in years) most of the songs were written around a guitar riff (compelling or otherwise).

So pop, definitely. Synth? certainly not compared to Depeche Mode, Devo, Human League, etc.

You have to respect a band who managed to get a song about nuclear annhilation released as their first single at the height of Reagan/BCE Cold War hysteria.....

Last edited by Satan; 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Spot on Devil.

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

I kinda dug Led Zeppelin until I realized they had stolen all their material.

I won't turn it off or leave the room if it's playing, & I might karaoke Stairway to heaven every now & then, but meh...

Wasn't that interested to begin with. Other bands from that era held/hold my attention much more than they do.

As for what they did after Zeppelin... well, me posting in this thread amounts to how much I give a fuck.

John Paul Jones is a hell of a musician, though. Maybe the only interesting thing about Zep.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          'Sea Of Love' - pure pop cheese. Has a bit of that gay element in it so Von loves this:
          Von HAS been very curious about me ever since I came out.

I think it won't be long until I mount that fucker & ride his buggy into the sunset.

Cheers!

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
            Von HAS been very curious about me ever since I came out.

I think it won't be long until I mount that fucker & ride his buggy into the sunset.

Cheers!

Do you think he's cute?
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
              Do you think he's cute?
              Doesn't matter. He won't be looking at his face.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Mean people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                  I get that there's a certain level of Velveeta when it comes to Coverdale, but his album with Page didn't seem contrived to me. I found the mid 90s Unledded stuff pretty uninteresting. Ditch Bob's backing band and the string section and call up Bonham & Jones and do it proper. Oh well.

I respect that they hung it up when they did and haven't really cared about any type of Zeppelin reunion in like 2 decades. The most interesting thing to me has been Plant's weird (for lack of a better term) psychology about Zeppelin. I haven't read every interview the dude's done, but of what i've read, it seems to me like his feelings toward that era are more complicated than what he's talked about. I don't know. Maybe i'm seeing something that isn't there, but i just get the feeling that there's more to the story than Percy is willing to talk about.
                  My take on it from what I've read is that Plant just feels the need to try new things and explore different musical avenues, and doesn't particularly feel the need to go out and sing a set full of Zeppelin tunes...basically because he's done that already...and with the Unledded stuff it was important to Plant that the songs be approached with an ear for playing them differently.

He just doesn't have a burning desire to go out and try and recreate Zeppelin as it was, note-for-note. I'm sort of in the same boat as you in that it's literally been twenty years since I had any interest in the band trying to reform, and even if Plant got back together with Page, Jones and Bonham's son now and toured, it wouldn't be something I'd really have strong feelings about seeing. The O2 gig was decent, and what Zeppelin did release when they were active as a band still holds up well enough for me.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

No need for a full Zep reunion at this point. It should have been the Page/ Plant tours. Or after the o2 gig. If they do a few more one off shows that would be cool but at this point to much time has passed. Plant hit home runs with Now & Zen & Manic Nirvana but that was it for me. Good tours for those albums also. Some of Fate Of Nations was good. I don't get this country bluegrass stuff at all. He say's doing Zep again is stupid but will do a bluegrass version of Black Dog !? O.K. Percy. I guess if he is having fun more power too him. I have no interest.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                      You know, you can fucking blow me when hanging from a bridge.
                      So...proof that Krusty is a guy hatebot. I was unaware that hatebots had a gender preference.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Matt White
                        I think he married her..............
                        He DID marry her.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I never forgave Robert Plant from not singing Over the Hills and Far Away live it its proper register.

as opposed to

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Over The Hills & Far Aghey

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Is that what your tramp stamp says ??

Comment

• Jack68
                                Commando
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                It should be noted that I quite like The Fixx......
                                Me also.
                                Last edited by Jack68; 06-19-2013, 08:16 PM.
                                "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

Working...