Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

I think if the hunter respected the animal THAT much, he'd toss the animal a rifle and make it fair game. Its easy to say that killing wild game is "fair game" because they have instincts to rely on, and man respects animal for this. Thats horseshit. Bottom line, food is available via processing, and cost effective for EVERYONE to buy at the supermarket and the only reason people pick up a gun and head into the bush is to KILL for the thrill. I think Man vs Man would be fun though. Leave the animals alone, and let them watch on the sidelines as hunters take out each other with 22's and arrows. Awe come on guys...Its just a sport. And hey, while one hunter aims his scope at another hunters head, Im sure he will have nothing but "respect" for him.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• lms2

Come on down to the states for a visit. Happens all the time. Thats why america is loosing their kids to gang violence. Their a certain amount of respect among gangs and they hunt each other.

I respect your opinion on not killing animals, but attribute it to the fact that we live in different areas. Here, deer are out on the roadway causing accidents all the time as they wonder into residential areas to to search for food. They mate and reproduce like crazy, and we don't have enough open land for them to survive. If not hunted, they will starve.

There is also a BIG difference in hunting, and poaching.

Anyways, its nice to know you are a big softie at heart.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by lms2
        Come on down to the states for a visit. Happens all the time. Thats why america is loosing their kids to gang violence. Their a certain amount of respect among gangs and they hunt each other.

I respect your opinion on not killing animals, but attribute it to the fact that we live in different areas. Here, deer are out on the roadway causing accidents all the time as they wonder into residential areas to to search for food. They mate and reproduce like crazy, and we don't have enough open land for them to survive. If not hunted, they will starve.

There is also a BIG difference in hunting, and poaching.

Anyways, its nice to know you are a big softie at heart.

Im such a sweetheart.... I just cant condone killing animals. (but I do understand that something can be reached mutually that would benefit both sides)
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• lms2

Originally posted by Big Troubles
          (but I do understand that something can be reached mutually that would benefit both sides)
          such as?

And by the way, I am not a hunter or the hunted either...I am a way big softie. I just don't feel like it is my place to criticize other people who do hunt. For a lot of families it is tradition and way of life.

Run Bambi, run.

Comment

• YankeeRose

Why is it okay to slaughter animals like the Germans slaughtered the Jews, but it is morally wrong, but only if you're rich, to kill to feed your family?

Comment

• lms2

Good Point YankeeRose. What does money have to do with it?

Comment

• moose
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

I think if the hunter respected the animal THAT much, he'd toss the animal a rifle and make it fair game. Its easy to say that killing wild game is "fair game" because they have instincts to rely on, and man respects animal for this. Thats horseshit. Bottom line, food is available via processing, and cost effective for EVERYONE to buy at the supermarket and the only reason people pick up a gun and head into the bush is to KILL for the thrill. I think Man vs Man would be fun though. Leave the animals alone, and let them watch on the sidelines as hunters take out each other with 22's and arrows. Awe come on guys...Its just a sport. And hey, while one hunter aims his scope at another hunters head, Im sure he will have nothing but "respect" for him.
                Tool of the day! LOL

Comment

• moose
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish? BS. You are a hypocrite! Like I said earlier get off your fat ass and come to my camp when it's -40 and help take out MUCH NEEDED winter feed to the wildlife in the bush, or maybe help clean some stream beds in spring time, when the bugs are out in full force, yer a fuckin tree hugger with no trees around you.
                  Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing.....I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others! Oh ya yer still "Tool of the day" LOL

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YankeeRose
                    Why is it okay to slaughter animals like the Germans slaughtered the Jews, but it is morally wrong, but only if you're rich, to kill to feed your family?
                    Because you have no need to kill.

You have the means to buy food.

Really, is it that difficult to understand ???
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                      I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

I don't think I was clear on my point.

What I was saying was, you were questioning their intelligence. That we are smarter than them, we can find them in the wild, know where they hide, where they run, etc. That's all very true, but we also use our intelligence to build fences, raise them, and kill them (as lsm2 described in his post). We are more intelligent, no doubt about it. But which is more humane? Herding them to a kill, or going into their wild, their territory, on a hunt? To me, it's not even debatable, but everybody has their own opinions on this.
                      I dont find either particularly humane. But slaughtering farm animals is something that happens regardlesss, whether it less humane or not. This provides food prepackaged at your supermarket.

If you can afford to buy this, why waste even more life ?

(Regardless of which method is more or less humane)

Look, Im getting sick of this debate, I used to hunt, I used to
                      kill animals, one day all of a sudden (like a lightning bolt from god)
                      I felt it was totally wrong. I regret the murder of every innocent
                      animal I killed. Yet I dont deny the hunter/farmer who hunts out
                      of real necessity. I understand and respect it.

"THE NUGE" repulses me as much as the English Royal Family with
                      their Fox hunts. Rich people killing animals for no legitimate reason.
                      Hey if Im wrong about feeling this way, Im fucking proud to be wrong..

And I dont harbour bad feelings towards the normal folk out there
                      that have to hunt. I totally understand this.
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• moose
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Like I said earlier, put your money where your mouth's are, Panamark and BT. Until you tree huggers actually do somethin for the wildlife/ natural resources, shut your big TRAPS. Yada Yada Yada, that's all you do, not once do people like yourselves invest any quality time in the great outdoors assisting organizations in cleaning up the pollution that WE as a global population have created. I along with millions of other HUNTERS belong to numerous wildlife organizations and spend lots of money in pursuit of our quarry and for the better of our land.
                        Just a quick fact for you turds, there is more wildlife today than there was when our forefathers came to this great land, whitetail deer are nearing 25 million from a dismal 200k back in 1920,
                        Elk are close to 1.5 million from a ghastly 50k back in 1935
                        Wild Turkey from near extinction in the 30's and only 2 states that allowed turkey hunting to nearly 50 states with a turkey huntin season and close to 5+ million birds, and here in Canada from 54 birds released in 84' to nearly 60000 today. And this is all in the face of human encroachment and the raping of the land.
                        I can go on for hours with facts and figures but you tree huggers don't give a shit(even though you pretend to)
                        Who do we thank for these ASTOUNDING #'s, well let me see
                        Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation(member for 15yrs) Hey BT where were you when we released these magnificent creatures in the Burwash(close to your home) when it was -46 below, I know in your home in a warm bed. Oh and guess what I've never hunted Elk but still I support them...........shit guess i'm just a senseless killer
                        Boone and Crockett Club..................first hunting organization, first to save wildspaces and turn them into National Parks, first to enforce rules and regulations and set hunting seasons and founded by Presedint Franklin Delano Rosevelt.(Associate Member)
                        Safari Club International..... These organization was the one that helped assist all African Countries with the assault on POACHING(this my dear friends is where the big money is, these guys can afford to pay $60000 for one license to hunt any of the big 5......elephant, Cape buffalo, lion, Rhino, Leopard and spend $500-$1000 dollars a day for guiding and also pay trophy fees for the animals that they harvest that are pretty near what some of us make annually) and where does this money go..............back into the resources fighting poachers and the trade in illegal wildlife parts. Never been to Africa don't think I'll ever go(I can afford it) but shit I'm still am a Associate Member
                        Ruffed Grouse Society, National Wild Turkey Federation, the lists go on and on.
                        So next time you meet a hunter, who hunts with bow or rifle say thanx because if it wasn't for us you or your kids would never see any wildlife anywherre.
                        So please until you can actually say to me that you are doing something positive to help our WILDLIFE and our resources...........

Read my "Now Playing"
                        Last edited by moose; 08-29-2004, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• HELLVIS
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jul 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panamark

"THE NUGE" can afford as much dead animal as he wants. Why does he have to create more ??

Yes, Ted can afford whatever the hell he wants to eat, but he has true ethics and respect for balance of nature. He is also the most respected conservationist I personally know.
                          Do you even know the difference between a conservationist and a common hunter? Probably not, not that it's your fault, but a hunter kills simply for the sport. Maybe he takes a trophy. Maybe he eats the kill. Maybe he even does both. However, these things are just fringe benefits. A conservationist may take trophies, but always consumes the kill. Not only does a conservationist kill, they also spend many mornings logging herd/flock/pack/ numbers in order to preserve balance, while misguided tree hugger PETA college types are sleeping off hangovers. And when these numbers are low they report to the proper authorities. They also personally plant trees and other vegitation, clean wetlands/streams/lakes/ponds/etc., and recycle.

I can assure you personally that Ted does all that and more on a consistant basis.
                          He will not eat chicken from any commercial farm. Do you?
                          He will not eat veal. Would you?
                          He planted over 11,000 trees last year alone. How many have you planted?
                          He and his various groups donate tons, yes tons, of clean, steriod free, non tortured food to the homeless every year. How much have you donated?
                          Ted takes cloth sacks to the grocery instead of the paper/plastic ones that most people throw into land fills. How about you?
                          Ted has confronted and stopped poachers in the act. Would you stand up to another man/men with guns?
                          I could go on and on for another 5,000 words and not cover it all.
                          Let's just say,unless you've talked to the man you are talking out your ass when you make the kind of assumptions that have been made on this thead.
                          He throws a punch.
                          He swings. I duck.
                          His fat ass falls...
                          Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• HELLVIS
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jul 2004

As far as guitar playing is concerned, he is very well versed in theory and can sit in on just about any song with anybody at any time. Hell, he has been playing guitar for over forty years. Granted, he's not the flashiest lead player by a long shot, but then again, many of those kind of players know how to make fireworks, but can't play with any real feeling.
                            He throws a punch.
                            He swings. I duck.
                            His fat ass falls...
                            Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by moose
                              How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish? BS. You are a hypocrite! Like I said earlier get off your fat ass and come to my camp when it's -40 and help take out MUCH NEEDED winter feed to the wildlife in the bush, or maybe help clean some stream beds in spring time, when the bugs are out in full force, yer a fuckin tree hugger with no trees around you.
                              Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing.....I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others! Oh ya yer still "Tool of the day" LOL
                              Awe, you dont wanna push my buttons Moose. We'd be playing this game for along time. #1 Dont call me names. I haven't called you any names. (tool?) #2 I am not even close to what you call a "tree hugger". In fact Im not sure what the REAL definition is, so what the Hell, maybe I am??? I like trees. Without them I wouldn't be able to breath. And neither would you..So maybe I wont like them anymore. lol #3 "How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish?" This year Ive caught AND released Northern Pike, Bass, Yellow Perch a few Muskie from Diver- In the same breath I can tell you Ive eaten many Speckels and Rainbow, tons of Big Macs, lots of KFC and enjoyed many chops and beef eater steaks on the BBQ. Im not trying to "hug a tree", nor am I riding the fence on any serious issue. (in fact, I didn't take any of this shit serious- apparently just you. #4 How does "Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing..." have to do with bringing a gun into the bush, drinking beer, wearing silly orange colours, blowing into animal noise flutes and shooting a "defensless yet instinctive" Deer have to do with anything you mentioned? Seriously. Im not a vegetarian and Im not a tree hugger. Im empathetic to those that feed their families based on hunting maturely for food and or clothing, yet I DO condemn those that hunt for the thrill and have no need for the food or clothing. If you are offended by that, then you "sir" are the latter.

and um, "I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others!" Please don't go on forever- my ears started bleeding when you said "How about...." And you, again, misunderstood what my point was. (you are the only one I believe?) I wasn't critising anyone, except those that kill for the thrill. Can you guess who the "tool" is now?

BT No not just "Better Than", it's Big Troubles.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                                such as?

And by the way, I am not a hunter or the hunted either...I am a way big softie. I just don't feel like it is my place to criticize other people who do hunt. For a lot of families it is tradition and way of life.

Run Bambi, run.
                                Not sure. Im not high on ideas for a mutual understanding, just the original idea, that Im sure something is better than a Governed law of animal killing. Whether its cows and chickens for mass slaughter or just Moose on a saturday night when he's fighting off his "black Flies in -40 degree weather". And AGAIN, Im not critisizing anyone for hunting, just killing animals for no purpose. Tradition and way of life is perfect, but there are those that use that as an excuse. Come to Canada and watch the Natives net an entire lake wanting Pickeral, getting all they can and leave the Pike and Perch on the shores to die. Thats apparently their way of life too. Sad part is, what they do is legal.

Comment

Working...