• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
    I have yet to ask Mezro but I will.
    Dont bother, he will only give you a Brett / VH Links type answer....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And what would that answer be bong resin?

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
        Well, you'd prolly tell me to fuck off and grow a pair. :p
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Mezro,

I never questioned as to why it was closed. It was an ugly assed thread from the beginning. I tried to play peacemaker when the shitstorm started in the first place. The deletion of it is what threw me for a loop. None of my business anyhoo.

Late,

Max
          I didn't! (play peace maker that is, I didst thou "let slip the dogs of war" in that one) I'll admit that.
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-02-2005, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

fuck yeah!

what happened to 'it aint rock and roll without a little conflict'?

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just the answer he gave..
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                Originally posted by Mezro
                My way of saying this bullshit soap opera is over.

Mezro...sends the right message and is better than banning people I consider friends...
                There-in lies the heart of the issue... this place has always had a policy that bannings, thread closures and/or deletions were a pussy's way out of board management.

Great pride was taken in policing this place through a more direct in-your-face method of letting the inner culture run the ship. Many a Roth Army warrior's battle chests were filled with the battle booty & corpses of the fallen that were taken down in a true Army fashion... through blood and pure aggression. Has the Diamond Mafia been forgotten with EEAS??

To bring in civil policies and a rule of law is to align this place with the safer haven for the meek and mild such as the Links, Pleasure Dome, etc... In essence, it's like having the fucking Girl Scouts leading the Marine Corps...

While the notion of order, civility, and gentle handedness may sound appealing to some of those without the stomach for a rough and tumble no-holds-barred atmosphere... To embrace this it's a slap in the face to mighty warriors that built this place. Go ahead and neuter your strongest soldiers and allow this attrocity if you want a new Den-Mother... IMO it is a great disrespect for the veterans who rocked the house that Roth built!!!
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• flappo
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

i'll edit , delete , close

do anything i fucking like

fuck the fucking rule book

Comment

• flappo
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

the diamond mafia , like warf , is history , i don't know wtf that guy is playing at to be honest , he used to be very cool but now he just runs around making stupid fucking comments

that's in the past , nobody gives a fuck about all that crap anyway , it was funny at the time , but who gives a shit now ?

we're looking to the future as far as i'm cuntcerned

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      There-in lies the heart of the issue... this place has always had a policy that bannings, thread closures and/or deletions were a pussy's way out of board management.

Great pride was taken in policing this place through a more direct in-your-face method of letting the inner culture run the ship. Many a Roth Army warrior's battle chests were filled with the battle booty & corpses of the fallen that were taken down in a true Army fashion... through blood and pure aggression. Has the Diamond Mafia been forgotten with EEAS??

To bring in civil policies and a rule of law is to align this place with the safer haven for the meek and mild such as the Links, Pleasure Dome, etc... In essence, it's like having the fucking Girl Scouts leading the Marine Corps...

While the notion of order, civility, and gentle handedness may sound appealing to some of those without the stomach for a rough and tumble no-holds-barred atmosphere... To embrace this it's a slap in the face to mighty warriors that built this place. Go ahead and neuter your strongest soldiers and allow this attrocity if you want a new Den-Mother... IMO it is a great disrespect for the veterans who rocked the house that Roth built!!!
                      Great post Zoo....
                      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by flappo
                        i'll edit , delete , close

do anything i fucking like

fuck the fucking rule book
                        Rock on Flappo!!

Maybe I should go make this a thread of it's own rather than pollute your Modship worship zone eh?
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Likely something like this, hopefully shorter....

1. If you are coming here to attack and bash other Van Halen/DLR/Sam/Gary (anything that has to do with VH) web sites, it simply will not be tolerated any longer. If you don't like another message board, that's fine, but I don't want to hear about it here. By the same token, if you hate this site and want to insult, bash, and name-call, that also won't be tolerated. If I see anyone posting with the purpose of starting some inter-site nonsense, their post will be DELETED. Yes, DELETED and you will be warned. We rarely delete anything, but posts of this nature will be gone immediately. If you do it a second time, you are banned. There is no reprieve, you are gone. There will be no more tolerance for hatred of Van Halen sites and message boards anymore on here at all. If you don't agree or don't like this policy that's fine, don't post here anymore. If you e-mail me to ask you why you were banned, I will just forward this URL to you, you can figure out for yourself what you did wrong. Somehow I think you'll know.

2. If you personally attack or insult another individual, and I SEE IT, you will be warned once, then you will be banned the second time. No reprieve. If you can't debate and argue like adults without resorting to petty attacks, you will not be welcome here anymore. Enough is enough. And don't email me or say on the board that "So and so said this 4 weeks ago and you did nothing." If I don't see the post when I happen to be on the board, then I'm not going to do anything about things in the past. Think of it like speeding in your car. You get away with it all the time, but once in a while the cop pulls you over. Same thing here, if someone is constantly attacking other users eventually I will see if I've been missing it. If you can't have the Sam/Dave war without resorting to childish attacks and petty name-calling, you won't be posting here anymore. If you don't agree or like this policy, don't post here anymore.

3. If you personally attack me, Tim, Goo, or any other moderator, you will be banned. Constructive criticism and discussion is of course fine. Common sense should tell you when you're crossing over the line. If it doesn't we'll help you. The mods here deal with all the crap for free, they get nothing out of moderating on this site, except they love Van Halen and help me out tremendously. You attack them, you're gone, simple. If you attack me, Tim, or Goo, you're gone. I could care less if you hate us or not, but you won't waste my bandwidth and my dollars telling me you do. Waste some else's. If you don't agree or like this policy, don't post here anymore.

4. If you screw with this site, attempt to hack it, or try to access un-authorized areas, you will be banned immediately. If you aren't sure what an un-authorized area is, then this probably doesn't apply to you. The small minority causing these kinds of problems know who they are and what they are doing. I have the IP addresses for every single access of this site, so if you think you're getting away with anything, you're not. At this point, I have no problem taking further action anymore, contacting your ISP if you're attempting to compromise this site. It is a criminal act, I guess I should start treating it as such. Again if you don't like or agree with this policy, don't post on here anymore.

5. If you have a problem with a webmaster who has the following opinions: Eddie Van Halen is my favorite musician/guitarist, Van Halen was at their best when David Lee Roth fronted them, DLR's first few solo records are good (DLR Band is fun too), I accepted and liked Sammy Hagar in VH, I have no issues with Gary Cherone, I don't like Sam's solo stuff, never have never will, Dave's voice doesn't sound that good anymore, and this damn post is too long! Now if you have a problem with me posting opinions that reflect those statements, then don't post here anymore.

6. Moderators can access your IP address in forums they moderate. This has never changed, never will change. If moderators are using your IP addresses to damage you somehow, I want to know immediately. It has never happened, and the group of mods we have have been with this site so long, they have earned your trust.

7. Moderators cannot see anyone's password. If someone says different, they're lying.

8. Tim, Goo, and myself can access everyone's IP address, again this is nothing new. If you don't trust us, don't post.

9. Tim, Goo, and I can find your passwords if we have to. We never need to know what they are, so this isn't even an issue. Like I said before, if you don't trust us after 3 years to protect your privacy the best we can on here, then don't post here anymore. We're not compromosing anyone's ability to use their account, unless they have been banned.

10. IP addresses are not visible to all users. There was a flaw in something I DID a while back that allowed people who weren't administrators and moderators to see IP addresses from the Recent Visitors page. The problem has been corrected.

11. I don't condone anyone on this staff breaking into anyone else's web site. If I find out they're doing it, they will be removed. End of story.

12. Registrations on this board will be monitored by me. Nobody will be posting until after I approve their registration. Free e-mail addresses are gone, you may not register using one like yahoo.com or hotmail.com. If it's too much to ask to take some responsibility for yourself and use a real e-mail account, then you can't post here. People who are already members who have free e-mail accounts ARE TOTALLY FINE! If you are current member and want to switch to a free e-mail provider, absolutely you can. This new policy just affects NEW registrations.

14. Emails from me. Very rarely will I send e-mails to anyone from here, unless I know you very well, or I'm responding to one you sent me. I usually use Private Messages instead if I have to ask you something. Now of course once in a while I do mail everyone about something, but it's very rare. If you're getting those KLEZ worm viruses from my email address, don't open it, it's not from me. Just delete them! Our server seems to have a problem keeping them out, and it randomnly grabs e-mail addresses and mails the KLEZ virus out so it appears it came from the user, but it hasn't. I get about 20-30 of them a day, from all different users on the board. I'm trying to figure out a way to stop it, but so far no luck. It's really freaking annoying, just delete them if you get them. Sometimes the subject of the e-mail says "A new game," or something like that.

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2003

Likely something like this, hopefully shorter....

1. If you are coming here to attack and bash other Van Halen/DLR/Sam/Gary (anything that has to do with VH) web sites, it simply will not be tolerated any longer. If you don't like another message board, that's fine, but I don't want to hear about it here. By the same token, if you hate this site and want to insult, bash, and name-call, that also won't be tolerated. If I see anyone posting with the purpose of starting some inter-site nonsense, their post will be DELETED. Yes, DELETED and you will be warned. We rarely delete anything, but posts of this nature will be gone immediately. If you do it a second time, you are banned. There is no reprieve, you are gone. There will be no more tolerance for hatred of Van Halen sites and message boards anymore on here at all. If you don't agree or don't like this policy that's fine, don't post here anymore. If you e-mail me to ask you why you were banned, I will just forward this URL to you, you can figure out for yourself what you did wrong. Somehow I think you'll know.

2. If you personally attack or insult another individual, and I SEE IT, you will be warned once, then you will be banned the second time. No reprieve. If you can't debate and argue like adults without resorting to petty attacks, you will not be welcome here anymore. Enough is enough. And don't email me or say on the board that "So and so said this 4 weeks ago and you did nothing." If I don't see the post when I happen to be on the board, then I'm not going to do anything about things in the past. Think of it like speeding in your car. You get away with it all the time, but once in a while the cop pulls you over. Same thing here, if someone is constantly attacking other users eventually I will see if I've been missing it. If you can't have the Sam/Dave war without resorting to childish attacks and petty name-calling, you won't be posting here anymore. If you don't agree or like this policy, don't post here anymore.

3. If you personally attack me, Tim, Goo, or any other moderator, you will be banned. Constructive criticism and discussion is of course fine. Common sense should tell you when you're crossing over the line. If it doesn't we'll help you. The mods here deal with all the crap for free, they get nothing out of moderating on this site, except they love Van Halen and help me out tremendously. You attack them, you're gone, simple. If you attack me, Tim, or Goo, you're gone. I could care less if you hate us or not, but you won't waste my bandwidth and my dollars telling me you do. Waste some else's. If you don't agree or like this policy, don't post here anymore.

4. If you screw with this site, attempt to hack it, or try to access un-authorized areas, you will be banned immediately. If you aren't sure what an un-authorized area is, then this probably doesn't apply to you. The small minority causing these kinds of problems know who they are and what they are doing. I have the IP addresses for every single access of this site, so if you think you're getting away with anything, you're not. At this point, I have no problem taking further action anymore, contacting your ISP if you're attempting to compromise this site. It is a criminal act, I guess I should start treating it as such. Again if you don't like or agree with this policy, don't post on here anymore.

5. If you have a problem with a webmaster who has the following opinions: Eddie Van Halen is my favorite musician/guitarist, Van Halen was at their best when David Lee Roth fronted them, DLR's first few solo records are good (DLR Band is fun too), I accepted and liked Sammy Hagar in VH, I have no issues with Gary Cherone, I don't like Sam's solo stuff, never have never will, Dave's voice doesn't sound that good anymore, and this damn post is too long! Now if you have a problem with me posting opinions that reflect those statements, then don't post here anymore.

6. Moderators can access your IP address in forums they moderate. This has never changed, never will change. If moderators are using your IP addresses to damage you somehow, I want to know immediately. It has never happened, and the group of mods we have have been with this site so long, they have earned your trust.

7. Moderators cannot see anyone's password. If someone says different, they're lying.

8. Tim, Goo, and myself can access everyone's IP address, again this is nothing new. If you don't trust us, don't post.

9. Tim, Goo, and I can find your passwords if we have to. We never need to know what they are, so this isn't even an issue. Like I said before, if you don't trust us after 3 years to protect your privacy the best we can on here, then don't post here anymore. We're not compromosing anyone's ability to use their account, unless they have been banned.

10. IP addresses are not visible to all users. There was a flaw in something I DID a while back that allowed people who weren't administrators and moderators to see IP addresses from the Recent Visitors page. The problem has been corrected.

11. I don't condone anyone on this staff breaking into anyone else's web site. If I find out they're doing it, they will be removed. End of story.

12. Registrations on this board will be monitored by me. Nobody will be posting until after I approve their registration. Free e-mail addresses are gone, you may not register using one like yahoo.com or hotmail.com. If it's too much to ask to take some responsibility for yourself and use a real e-mail account, then you can't post here. People who are already members who have free e-mail accounts ARE TOTALLY FINE! If you are current member and want to switch to a free e-mail provider, absolutely you can. This new policy just affects NEW registrations.

14. Emails from me. Very rarely will I send e-mails to anyone from here, unless I know you very well, or I'm responding to one you sent me. I usually use Private Messages instead if I have to ask you something. Now of course once in a while I do mail everyone about something, but it's very rare. If you're getting those KLEZ worm viruses from my email address, don't open it, it's not from me. Just delete them! Our server seems to have a problem keeping them out, and it randomnly grabs e-mail addresses and mails the KLEZ virus out so it appears it came from the user, but it hasn't. I get about 20-30 of them a day, from all different users on the board. I'm trying to figure out a way to stop it, but so far no luck. It's really freaking annoying, just delete them if you get them. Sometimes the subject of the e-mail says "A new game," or something like that.
                            Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                            "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

you ain't missing much

brett's ok , he deserves some respect for being daft enough to waste his dough on cunts like the vh boys

but as for teh forum

it's totally fucking boring , always has been

it's no army

Comment

• Northern Girl
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

I don’t usually do this sort of thing, but I’m hormonal and will use that as my defense if need be.

A lot of people are getting carried away here. Mezro is a fair and honorable man and also one of ideas and vision. We all know his attitude and the way he conducts himself. It’s funny how only a couple weeks ago I was reading post after post praising him; and now because he’s in a different position, he is being questioned.

Order, civility, and gentle-handedness? Is that really what you see happening here? He made flappo a mod for goodness sakes! (No offense flap. ) There will be plenty of battles to keep the warriors happy.

I don’t think anyone is being disrespected here. If nothing else, keeping this site alive and fresh is a tribute to those that built it. We can focus on the future and still respect the past.

You certainly all have the right to your opinions, but let’s give the guy a chance and give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. You never know what’s going to happen until you try.
                                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Working...