"Revenge of the Sith" : How was it for you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by eddy van halen
    we all know most of the people who watch star wars
    dont have a girlfriend
    Been five years now with my woman, four years married.

So, yeah, (as Bob said), what's your excuse, bitch?
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Leia was not in the plan at all. Obi Wan never even considered the possibility that she would be a fallback weapon to use against the Emperor, should Luke fail...and let's be honest, that's all Luke really was - Yoda and Obi Wan's weapon against Vader and the Emperor.

It's not that he forgot about her or didn't know about her existance, it's just that she'd been out of the running for Luke's role until Yoda said otherwise.

Ben: "That boy is our last hope..."
      Yoda: "No - there is another."

Scene ends. But afterwards:

Ben: "His sister? Should we attempt that, should he fail?"
      Yoda: "No other choice will we have."

Explained
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

SPOILER WARNING

I just saw it today. I don't have any problems with it, but if you are a fan of Star Wars there won't be a single important event that will surprise you. Maybe the only "surprise" was that Kenobi could have finished him off and didn't make sure. It was just kinda weird seeing a movie where you knew 90% of the plot already. No real need to see this right away, there isn't really anything someone could tell you that would ruin the movie for you.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Good explanation, Vader!

Why is it so hard for others to understand Star Wars??
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Figs
            SPOILER WARNING

I just saw it today. I don't have any problems with it, but if you are a fan of Star Wars there won't be a single important event that will surprise you. Maybe the only "surprise" was that Kenobi could have finished him off and didn't make sure. It was just kinda weird seeing a movie where you knew 90% of the plot already. No real need to see this right away, there isn't really anything someone could tell you that would ruin the movie for you.
            Yeah, we knew WHAT was going to happen, for the most part, but we didn't know HOW or WHY.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
              i think they could have another movie in between this and a new hope anyone agree? i just think that progrerssing like 20 years in time is dumb ....and doesnt obi age horrible they go up like 20 years and he goes from good shape and looking good to old fart i mean yoda is old as hell but could still own people in a new hope obi just sucks

From what I remember reading, the TV show planned may take place in this 20 year time period.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                If I think about the movie rationally, it was not that great. The dialogue has never been a strong point for Lucas, and the storyline...well, if he really needed three movies (Episodes I-III) to tell something that could have been told in one movie, I'm a bit diasppointed.
                Dialogue. Exactly.

Story. Exactly.
                Originally posted by flappo
                i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

As a bit of fun it's fine, but it's a long way from a great film.

Am I the only one that looked at some of the special effects and thought they were just too busy. In the film technology has advanced to the point that they can travel at the speed of light but the spaceships still have to get really close to shoot at one another.

There were several examples where the computer characters looked unconvincing, in the fight with Count Dooku when Obi Wan gets thrown across the room you can so easily see the difference between the live actor and the CG substitute.

In fact I'd throw that criticism at all movies with lots of CG. The technology just isn't good enough to make it look real.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Well...it is what it is, I suppose. There's always going to be a contingent of people who don't like it for whatever reason, and that's OK. A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                      From what I remember reading, the TV show planned may take place in this 20 year time period.
                      Yeah it is.

However, it won't have any of the major characters in it (Vader, Emperor, etc.)

Not sure what its gonna be about.

The adeventures of Boba Fett?? How about a show where Jar Jar moves in with two hotties and they call it "The New Three's Company".

=V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

It's not that he forgot about her or didn't know about her existance, it's just that she'd been out of the running for Luke's role until Yoda said otherwise.

Ben: "That boy is our last hope..."
                        Yoda: "No - there is another."

Scene ends. But afterwards:

Ben: "His sister? Should we attempt that, should he fail?"
                        Yoda: "No other choice will we have."
                        that's just bad directing

that's kind of key to the story so those extra two lines you've suggested should have been in there

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Figs
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Yeah, we knew WHAT was going to happen, for the most part, but we didn't know HOW or WHY.
                          No not specifically, but some of the great stuff from the original series was the "Luke, I'm your father" & "Leia, I'm your brother" revelations.

Anyway, I still liked the movie a lot. They did a terrific job.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                            As a bit of fun it's fine, but it's a long way from a great film.
                            I've always looked at all of the Star Wars movies that way...they're great fun, if not necessarily great examples of what a movie could be...I won't argue that. Often times, the dialogue is terrible, and I can always count at least 2-3 scenes in each Star Wars movie I could have done without having to sit through, but overall...it's just play time for me...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well...it is what it is, I suppose. There's always going to be a contingent of people who don't like it for whatever reason, and that's OK. A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too
                              I thought the dialogue and especially the story were fine.

How can anyone rag on the story since 70% of it was already established 30 years ago??!
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too
                                Yeah, it's good at that!

omae baka dana?

Comment

Working...