X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
    I am on Zoloft now, and the sky always looks great to me.

Tom Cruise is a dick and needs to shut up, Zoloft saved my ass from seriously going crazy, just ask Ford, or anyone who was around the last couple of years reading my shit on this board.

The problem with Antidepressants is that people don't take them like they should. I would take them for awhile and then stop, and that was bad ju ju for the Catster.
    I have fixed that problem and i was then able to cope with all the shit i have to deal with on a daily basis.

It's like clockwork now and i feel great, and believe me, that is at the very least a 95% improvement for me.

I do however agree that they are not for everyone.
    Different people have different needs and what works for one person may not work for another.

That's great, man.

Take care.

Fuck Cruise and his Scientology Bullshit!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

July 03, 2005

The trouble with Tom Cruise
      Brooke Shields explains why a film star’s advice on her essential medication is uninformed meddling

I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, but after Tom Cruise’s interview with Matt Lauer on the NBC show Today, I feel compelled to speak not just for myself but also for the hundreds of thousands of women who have suffered from postpartum depression.

While Cruise says that Lauer and I do not “understand the history of psychiatry”, I’m going to take a wild guess and say that Cruise has never suffered from postpartum depression.

Postpartum depression is caused by the hormonal shifts that occur after childbirth. During pregnancy a woman’s level of oestrogen and progesterone greatly increases; then, in the first 24 hours after childbirth, the amount of these hormones rapidly drops to normal, non-pregnant levels. This change in hormone levels can lead to reactions that range from restlessness and irritability to feelings of sadness and hopelessness.

I never thought that I would have postpartum depression. After two years of trying to conceive and several attempts at in vitro fertilisation, I thought that I would be overjoyed when my daughter, Rowan Francis, was born in the spring of 2003. But instead I felt completely overwhelmed.

This baby was a stranger to me. I didn’t know what to do with her. I didn’t feel at all joyful. I attributed feelings of doom to simple fatigue and figured that they would eventually go away. But they didn’t; in fact, they got worse.

I couldn’t bear the sound of Rowan crying, and I dreaded the moments when my husband would bring her to me. I wanted her to disappear. I wanted to disappear. At my lowest points, I thought of swallowing a bottle of pills or jumping out of the window of my apartment.

I couldn’t believe it when my doctor told me that I was suffering from postpartum depression and gave me a prescription for the anti-depressant Paxil. I wasn’t thrilled to be taking drugs. In fact, I prematurely stopped taking them and had a relapse that almost led me to drive my car into a wall with Rowan in the back seat. But the drugs, along with weekly therapy sessions, are what saved me — and my family.

Since writing about my experiences, I have been approached by many women who have told me their stories and thanked me for opening up about a topic that is often not discussed because of fear, shame or lack of support and information.

Experts estimate that one in 10 women suffers, usually in silence, with this treatable disease. We are living in an era of so-called family values, yet because almost all of the postnatal focus is on the baby, mothers are overlooked and left behind to endure what can be very dark times.

Comments like those made by Cruise are a disservice to mothers everywhere. To suggest that I was wrong to take drugs to deal with my depression and that instead I should have taken vitamins and exercised shows an utter lack of understanding about postpartum depression and childbirth in general.

If any good can come of Cruise’s ridiculous rant, let’s hope that it gives much-needed attention to a serious condition. Perhaps now is the time to call on doctors, particularly obstetricians and paediatricians, to screen for postpartum depression. After all, during the first three months after childbirth you see a paediatrician at least three times.

While paediatricians are trained to take care of children, it would make sense for them to talk to new mothers, ask questions and inform them of the symptoms and treatment should they show signs of postpartum depression.

In a strange way, it was comforting to me when my obstetrician told me that my feelings of extreme despair and my suicidal thoughts were directly tied to a biochemical shift in my body. Once we admit that postpartum is a serious medical condition, then the treatment becomes more available and socially acceptable. With a doctor’s care I have since tapered off the medication, but without it I wouldn’t have become the loving parent that I am today.

So there you have it. It’s not the history of psychiatry but it is my history, personal and real.

Brooke Shields is starring in the musical Chicago in London and is author of Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression. This article first appeared in The New York Times

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

- L. Ron Hubbard, HCOPL 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

"Having viewed slum clearance projects in most major cities of the world may I state that you have conceived and created in the Johannesburg townships what is probably the most impressive and adequate resettlement activity in existence."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Letter to South African Apartheid Government, 1960

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Technique 88

Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known and unknown.

- L. Ron Hubbard

"Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion."
        -- reporter Neison Himmel: quoted in Bare Faced Messiah p.117 from 1986 interview. Himmel shared a room with LRH, briefly, Pasadena, fall 1945.

"I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money - he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult."
        -- Sam Merwin, then the editor of the Thrilling SF magazines: quoted in Bare Faced Messiah p.133 from 1986 interview. Winter of 1946/47.

"Around this time he was invited to address a science fiction group in Newark hosted by the writer, Sam Moskowitz. `Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous,' he told the meeting. `If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.'
        -- Bare Faced Messiah p.148. Reference given to LA Times, 27 Aug 78. Supposed to have happened in spring 1949.

"Science fiction editor and author Sam Moscowitz tells of the occasion when Hubbard spoke before the Eastern Science Fiction Association in Newark, New Jersey in 1947: `Hubbard spoke ... I don't recall his exact words; but in effect, he told us that writing science fiction for about a penny a word was no way to make a living. If you really want to make a million, he said, the quickest way is to start your own religion.'"

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Thanks Sesh!

There you go, Mr. G.

Scientology = BS
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I didn't even get started...

To join you need to sign a non disclosure contract and to confirm that you are not a journalist or writer otherwise they sue your ass off.

That and the fact you have to pay money to get each bit of further information of the Truth means that there isn't as much info about these crooks around as you would expect.

I think the core of the religion has something to do with a big alien dragon that lives on a volcano(honestly... ) but I cunt be bothered looking it up at the moment.

Cheers!

Comment

• Mr. G
              Roadie
              • Jun 2004

Fell free to post as much BS as you want, but I have noticed you have changed the subject. Does this mean you are giving up? Come on now don't give up so easily it's just getting fun.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. G
                Feel free to post as much BS as you want, but I have noticed you have changed the subject. Does this mean you are giving up? Come on now don't give up so easily it's just getting fun.
                how much has your 'enlightenment' cost?

(i fixed your spelling for free).

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr. G
                  Fell free to post as much BS as you want, but I have noticed you have changed the subject. Does this mean you are giving up? Come on now don't give up so easily it's just getting fun.
                  What part of that was BS?

Are you a scientologist?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    What part of that was BS?

Are you a scientologist?
                    Methinks he is.

Mr. G worships the alien dragon on top of a mountain.

I think he's been listening to too much Dio.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ha this scientology stuff is funny shit..

Who is Xenu?
                      I'm going to tell you a story. Are you sitting comfortably? Right, then I'll begin.

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.

Well what did you think of that story?

What? You thought it was a stupid story?

Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).

We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains.

Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.

Part of the first page of the secret OT III document in L. Ron Hubbard's own handwriting

Now you have read this you know their big secret. Don't let us put you off joining though.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Xenu is still alive today???

Holy crap! Let's go find him and kick his bitchy little ass!!

Seriously though, (and thanks Sesh for the Scientology story) , its too bad Katie Holmes can't see through the BS. She's totally brainwashed at this point.

Or maybe she's getting a big payoff from Cruise?
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

One point....yes if ya wanna find out about Xenu, ya haveta get to the upper "OT" levels.

It used to be that advanced therapy sessions required to reach those levels could cost you up to 12,000 bucks an HOUR.

So Ashtralia's question about how much the "enlightenment" costs is pretty relevant.

This is why MANY peeps refer to the "Liar" who founded this bullshit as "L. Ron Hoover", as the ultimate goal of Scientology is to suck all of your money out of your bank account, despite their claims to the contrary.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

WHY DO PEOPLE PROTEST SCIENTOLOGY?

Scientology locks people up.

There are over two dozen allegations that Scientology has held individuals against their will.These illegal acts were not committed by rogue Scientologists - they were in accordance with Scientology policy.

Scientology held Lisa McPherson against her will for 17 days, according to Scientology's own logs. She died in their custody. The state of Florida decided not to prosecute the two felony charges filed against Scientology in her death after Scientology used relentless pressure to get the medical examiner to make a partial change in the cause of death. Her estate sued Scientology for wrongful death and false imprisonment; the suit was settled in May 2004, with all details kept confidential..

Scientology lies.

Lying to people to get their money isn't just unethical - it's illegal. It's called fraud.

Scientology claims there is a scientific basis for all their processes. There isn't. Scientology claims it's compatible with other belief systems, like Christianity. It's not. Scientology claims to be the fastest-growing religion in the world, with 8 million members, utilizing infallible technology developed by a physicist and war hero. They're lying.

Scientology is breaking the law.

In addition to false imprisonment and fraud, Scientology engages in the illegal practice of medicine by prescribing auditing and vitamins to replace legally-prescribed medical treatment.

Scientology also extorts money from its members, telling them it's scientifically proven that their lives will become worse if they don't pay for expensive auditing.

Scientology has a long, well-documented history of criminal activities.
                            High-ranking Scientology executives were convicted of extremely serious crimes in the United States for breaking into government offices and stealing documents. Founder L. Ron Hubbard was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in that case, and the defendants stated in their stipulation of evidence that, at all times, he acted as supervisor of the illegal activities.

Scientology itself was convicted of similar crimes in Canada. When Scientology then tried to destroy the reputation of the prosecutor in the case, they were hit with the biggest libel fine in Canadian history.

L. Ron Hubbard was convicted of fraud in France.

Scientology attacks free speech.

Scientology says that "public statements against Scientology or Scientologists," "writing anti-Scientology letters to the press," and "testifying as a hostile witness against Scientology in public" are all "Suppressive Acts" - high crimes, according to "Introduction to Scientology Ethics." The book goes on to say that people who do such things "cannot be granted the rights and beingness ordinarily accorded rational beings."

In accordance with this policy (and others like it), Scientology has tried to silence all criticism:

Scientology framed journalist Paulette Cooper for sending bomb threats after she wrote a book critical of Scientology.

Scientology sued book and magazine publishers - including Time magazine - in an attempt to prevent any future criticism by scaring publishers with the prospect of enormous court costs.

Scientology sued critics for copyright infringement, even though the copyrights to some of the documents in question may have been lost to the public domain years ago.

Scientology tried to unilaterally shut down the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup - unintentionally bringing Scientology to the attention of hundreds of free-speech advocates.

Scientology imposes gag orders in settlement agreements, preventing those who have suffered most from telling the world what they know.

Scientology routinely threatens legal action against critics, alleging copyright infringement, trademark dilution, and dissemination of trade secrets - often in situations in which its allegations are baseless.

Scientology hurts people.

Scientology routinely pressures members into spending more money than they can afford on expensive courses.

Scientology's disconnection policy destroys families.

Scientology betrays the trust of well-intentioned people by falsely claiming to have a scientifically-proven technology to save the world.

Scientology ruthlessly attacks its critics with everything from frame-ups to unannounced visits to the homes of family members to libellous fliers distributed to their neighbors and business associates.

And sometimes, Scientologists die under suspicious circumstances

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It does give you special powers though...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It does give you special powers though...

UNLIMITED POWWWWWEERRRR!!!!
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...