Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Nothing says conviction like worshiping the big fucker that wants to eat you.

Sundarbans is a tidal forest, a vast mangrove swamp stretching between India and Bangladesh on the Bay of Bengal. Subject to devastating cyclones, it is infested with deadly snakes, crocodiles, sharks and more tigers than any other contiguous tract in the world. Here, tigers stalk and eat humans, about 300 every year. They swim in the sea and leap into boats to grab fishermen, or pounce on honey-gatherers and woodcutters in the forest. Montgomery (Walking With the Great Apes) made three trips to Sundarbans to study the tigers. She obtained firsthand accounts of killings and discovered that the people regard tigers as magic beings-feared but not hated, worshiped but not loved. The tiger god is called Daksin Ray. Montgomery provides a vivid picture of the coastal forest and its people, and takes us on a magical journey where nature, humans and myth coalesce.
    Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
      Correct!

Not to argue with Bob here, but it's Allah you want to praise, not Allan.

The teachings of Allah will surprise alot of you. There is more science and philosophy in an Islamic temple than there are religious beliefs. This planet is a gift. Enjoy it.
      It's surprising you agree Jesus is a myth, especially when Islam says that Jesus is a very important rabbi/prophet for their faith, just not the Son of God.

And also, Yahweh = God = Allah. Same guy, different ways of interpreting Him.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: a few questions about Jesus....

**hiccup**
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: a few questions about Jesus....

Originally posted by fe_lung

Besides, having the whole easter/resurrection thing alongside the whole spring/renewal thing kind of makes sense.

Most religions are pretty clear that these dates are "observances" as opposed to the actual date. Nobody has a copy of Jesus's day timer.
          It's true that the exact date of Christ's birth is unknown, timeand that Christmas was a "made up observance" incorporating pagan symbols.

But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath. The "Last Supper" was not just bread and wine, as is portrayed in the Communion ceremony , but a full traditional Passover seder complete with a roast lamb.

So the eggs and bunnies might have been drafted in later, but the timing of Easter goes back to the days of Moses.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Well actually there was Easter celebration dating back to at least 2,000 B.C.

It was not new...even in the time of Jesus....

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Well actually there was Easter celebration dating back to at least 2,000 B.C.

It was not new...even in the time of Jesus....
              But was it the same time as the Jewish Passover?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• fe_lung
                Sniper
                • Mar 2004

Re: Re: Re: a few questions about Jesus....

Originally posted by FORD

So the eggs and bunnies might have been drafted in later, but the timing of Easter goes back to the days of Moses.
                Actually, eggs and bunnies pre-date christianity. It comes from northern european folklore. It's got something to do with kids lost in the woods and the goddess Estre coming in the shape of a rabit and leading them out.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

I wonder if I can now get away with dating all of the checks I write 2011?

:confused:
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: a few questions about Jesus....

It's true that the exact date of Christ's birth is unknown, timeand that Christmas was a "made up observance" incorporating pagan symbols.

But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath. The "Last Supper" was not just bread and wine, as is portrayed in the Communion ceremony , but a full traditional Passover seder complete with a roast lamb.

Yeah, bunnies and eggs got into the mix when people from pagan religions started converting. It's like how there's an Italian way to celebrate Easter and then there's a Polish way to celebrate Easter, and the traditions pass down generation after generation, changing here and there.

Christmas, though, I believe was placed where it was in coordination with the Winter Solstace to replace their one party with another. Remember a huge part of the early Church was former-Pagans. Just read some of the saints bios. St Hilary of Poiters, one of the 13 doctors of the Church (and not in an ER kind of way) whose writings affected Church Doctrine was a huuuuge Pagan before converting. These were the guys along with people from previous faiths setting forth what we have observance-wise today. It's no surprise that one of Christianity's big observations is set a couple of days after solstace or that both Easter and Christmas today secularly have Pagan elements to it.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath.
                      Interesting way to use the word 'definitely'.

How is it definite? Have you any proof or evidence at all outwith the bible text which we have agreed is a flawed inaccurate book.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Interesting way to use the word 'definitely'.

How is it definite? Have you any proof or evidence at all outwith the bible text which we have agreed is a flawed inaccurate book.
                        My argument is that the events as described took place during Passover week, as evidenced by Jesus and the 12 Disciples sharing the traditional Passover Seder, and the custom of Pilate releasing one Jewish prisoner, which was only done during Passover.

If you want to argue that the crucifixion never took place at all, that's an entirely different matter. But assuming they did, then it was clearly during Passover week.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                          It's surprising you agree Jesus is a myth, especially when Islam says that Jesus is a very important rabbi/prophet for their faith, just not the Son of God.

And also, Yahweh = God = Allah. Same guy, different ways of interpreting Him.
                          Correction... And I normally dont correct you Ally... I was agreeing with the myth that has become Jesus. Im sure there was a guy named Jesus. And for sure played a very important role. Not the water to wine kind, but still...Significant enough. Son of God? No. In fact his name was prolly pronounced "HeyZeus" and wore the fanciest shoes you've ever seen.

I need to be clear here. Im more atheist than anything else. I believe in me. The here and the now. I believe in alot of what the same things the muslims happen to believe W/O worshiping Al-lah.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

SUPPOSEDLY, there are Roman records of executions that verify someone named "Jesus" was executed about that time...
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Science and philosophy.... wot a combination.
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                                SUPPOSEDLY, there are Roman records of executions that verify someone named "Jesus" was executed about that time...
                                but what does prove though? Im sure there were alot of ppl executed with various names.... still are.

Comment

Working...